Because Life Doesn't Just Stop

Guest h&a-girl

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again thank you for the comments, they're really lovely and inspire me to carry on writing this so i'm really grateful. Ezaz8, the cafe doesn't exist but I think it would be great :D With this part I finally get to bring in Amanda, i've been waiting for two whole parts for this :lol:

The whole drive back to the city sent Belle crazy, thoughts running through her mind, guilt eating up at her. Turning up the radio she desperately tried to block out anything Aden related. Pulling up outside her mothers house Belle immediately felt better, she needed to talk to Amanda.

Walking into the living room she was greeted by the sight of Amanda parading Lily round in full princess costume whilst Ryan looked on unimpressed.

“Save her Belle, mums been torturing her with sparkles for at least an hour!” Ryan laughed

As soon as Lily saw Belle she raced towards her.

“Hey darling, did your meeting go alright?” Amanda asked waving a plastic wand

“Yeah, actually mum can I talk to you” Belle asked

Ryan immediately spotted the seriousness in his sister’s face and so decided it was best to leave them to it.

“Come on Lily lets get you out of this awful outfit and we’ll watch some TV” Ryan smiled picking up his niece and swinging her round

“Yeah!” Lily shouted enthusiastically, as Belle gave a thankful nod to Ryan

Slumping down on to the sofa Belle could finally drop the happy pretence; Amanda rushed over and sat down next to her.

“Are you ok?” Amanda enquired

“I’ve done something really bad” Belle muttered

“It can’t be that bad darling” Amanda urged

“I kissed someone else” Belle sighed, putting her face in her hands

“Oh Belle I’m sure it meant nothing and you don’t have to tell Angelo” Amanda assured

“It was Aden” Belle stated bluntly

Amanda’s face fell, she realised immediately that this was more than nothing. Suddenly she felt herself torn, how could she advise Belle? She loved Angelo he was the perfect son-in-law to be, he treated her daughter like a princess and he treated her granddaughter like his own, he was polite, kind and generous and would never hurt Belle. But then she knew something about having the ‘safe’ option but longing for the one you truly love, her affair with Peter, he was the ‘wrong’ choice but she couldn’t resist, Dan was the nicest guy in the world but he could never compare to Peter and all these years later look how it had turned out- her and Peter happily ever after.

“Do you still love him” Amanda asked

“No… Yes… I don’t know” Belle cried, frustrated at her inability to understand her own feelings

“Is he a mess?” Amanda further enquired

“No, the complete opposite he’s completely got his life together.” Belle sighed

“There’s no easy answer Belle, in the end it’ll come down to how you feel but you need to decide whether you want to risk losing the life you have now, because from where I’m sitting your life’s pretty perfect” Amanda stated simply

“He just has this effect on me” Belle explained

“I know” Amanda smiled

“Dan’s going to be home in an hour” Amanda worried as Peter kissed her neck

“Well we better make it count then” Peter growled pushing her down onto the sofa

“Peter should we really be doing this” Amanda panicked

Peter dropped to his knees and stared into Amanda’s deep blue eyes

“Yes” he replied simply, kissing her so that all thoughts of Dan just disappeared.

Amanda’s mind was filled with thoughts of Belle’s dilemma even after she’d left, so she decided heading into work would clear her mind, leaving a message for Peter telling him where she’d gone. For Amanda work consisted on being owner of Modelesque, certainly a step up from being a gym owner, Amanda had built it up from a small agency to the modelling giant it had become. It had taken the run in with Kelli and Kitty to make Amanda realise that life was short and it was about time she started following her dreams, by setting up Modelesque she had given herself the glamour she so enjoyed in life, money to keep her family financially stable and the most important thing was that it had given Belle a platform to launch a career as a photographer, certainly bias had played it’s part but for the doubters Amanda had the figures to prove Belle’s photographs attracted the most attention and the most money.

“G’day Miss Vale” smiled the young model

“It’s Adam isn’t it? Adam Ryan” Amanda greeted

“You know my name” Adam grinned completely shocked that someone like Amanda Vale would know who he was

“Certainly do, those photos of you impressed me a lot” Amanda finished trying to move along but Adam wouldn’t let her

“Maybe I could buy you a drink Miss Vale?” Adam smiled hopeful

“I don’t think my partner would be best pleased if I was out drinking with gorgeous boy like you now would he Adam?” Amanda rejected with a slightly condescending tone before walking away

Adam stood watching her walk away, unclenching his fist he looked at the screwed up newspaper cutting in his palm of Amanda at a fashion show before shoving it into his pocket.

Amanda took the elevator up to the top floor, humming along to the elevator theme until the bell ‘dinged’. The doors opened up to a huge private office, sitting down at her desk she looked around and smiled at her achievement.

“Drink ma’am?” Asked a voice from the corner which made Amanda jump

Suddenly Peter emerged with a bottle of champagne and two glasses

“You scared me!” Amanda scolded

“I wanted to surprise you” Peter smiled

“Consider me well and truly surprised” Amanda laughed

Peter placed down the bottle and glasses and instead reached in to kiss Amanda.

"I love you" Peter muttered silenced by Amanda responding to his lips.

I have been waiting for Amanda's return. For a second there I was worried she wouldn't be playing a big part in this.

Poor Amanda, first Kelli now this Adam guy. He already seems like he is going end up being a crazy psychopath. I love that you added a flashback to Peter/Amanda and some insight towards her feelings for him.

She's once again proving to be a really good mother. I love how she listened instead of just telling Belle to stick with Angelo, even if Amanda thinks he is the perfect guy. I like that she is still nervous when it comes to giving Belle advice.

It's good that Belle isn't just denying the feelings she still has for Aden. Also that she recognised that he has got his life back on track.

How did i not know you had started a sequel! :o

It's amazing!

i copied this bit when i read it froma few chapters back, because i love, love love love it!

Pulling her to a table, Belle still couldn’t find the words. Aden with a smile reached into his bag and pulled out a photo of the pair of them Belle had taken at the beach, taking out a pin he pinned it to the wall next to the table.

“We’re part of the history now” Aden noted.

:wub: that couldn't have gotten any cuter!

update soon :D i'm loving it~

Really big thank you for the lovely comments. Warning major cuteness in this part :D

Stepping out of the car she could immediately taste the salty air, she felt at home. Lily hopped out of her car seat and grabbed her mother’s hand sensing the apprehension and fear; knocking on the door she took a deep breath.

“Coming!” Irene called racing down the stairs, opening the door her face dropped “Belle…”

“Hi Irene” Belle smiled nervously, it had been a long time since they’d spoken and the tension was obvious

“Hello my darling” Irene smiled grabbing hold of Lily and giving her a massive hug

Irene motioned for Belle to come inside but didn’t make eye contact, instead she simply listened to Lily tell her stories about her many adventures. Belle looked around the place she used to call home, little had changed and a photo of her and Lily still stood on the sideboard but she didn’t sit down she simply hovered feeling awkward.

“Cup of tea?” Irene asked

“That would be nice” Belle replied

“Sit down darl’ you’re making me nervous” Irene called from the kitchen

Belle obeyed and sat down, stroking Lily’s hair she watched her daughter play with a doll. Looking over at Irene she noted how troubled she looked and remembered the last conversation they’d had.

“So I was thinking I could come and visit” Irene pondered speaking on the phone to Belle

“That would be nice, Lily would love it” Belle smiled

“I was thinking I could bring a guest” Irene nervously started

“Got yourself a man Irene?!” Belle laughed

“I was thinking I’d bring Aden with me” Irene finished uncomfortably aware of the silence

“Why?” Belle finally spoke

“Because darl’ he should be able to see his daughter” Irene sighed

“I don’t want him anywhere near her” Belle snapped

“He’s a good bloke, I never thought I’d here myself say that but he’s turned his life around girly. You’re being selfish, stopping Lily seeing her dad because you don’t want to see him!” Irene retaliated

“What do you know?! Don’t tell me what’s best for MY daughter” Belle shouted getting agitated

“What are you scared of Belle? Is it that you’re still not over him?” Irene asked

“Shut up! Just shut up and don’t try and tell me what to do with my life you’re not my mother!” Belle hissed slamming down the phone

Placing the steaming cup of tea in front of Belle Irene tried to figure out what Belle was doing here.

“I’m sorry” Belle murmured

“What for?” Irene asked

“For what I said the last time we spoke… It was just a little too close to home” Belle admitted

“I figured” Irene smiled reaching over and kissing Belle’s forehead

“I’m pretty sure this is bigger than you said on the phone!” A voice suddenly called from outside

Both women looked towards the back door to watch Geoff and Aden carrying a large cabinet. Aden stopped dead in his tracks firstly looking to Belle and then his eyes travelled to the floor and locked on the oblivious little girl who was happily playing.

“Er… Where do you want this Irene?” Geoff asked awkwardly breaking the silence

“Bottom bedroom darlings” Irene replied looking to Belle who wasn’t sure what to do.

“If you want to leave I’m sure I can make an excuse to Aden…” Irene started

“No, it’s fine” Belle replied taking Lily’s hand and leading her towards the room which was once hers

Walking through the door the whispers between the two boys suddenly halted and the two looked up, Belle and Aden each shot looks towards Geoff until he finally got the hint and made his excuses to leave. Belle knelt down next to Lily who was smiling shyly.

“You know who this is?” Belle asked

“Daddy?” Lily replied nervously

“She knows who I am?” Aden gasped

“She’s always been shown pictures of you Aden, she knows who her daddy is” Belle replied before leaning over and whispering in Lily’s ear, Lily nodded and slowly walked over towards Aden. Belle felt her heart lurch as Aden picked up his daughter and held her close, Lily gripped onto him fiercely and Aden couldn’t stop the tears from escaping.

“Why are you crying daddy?” Lily asked

“Because I’m happy to see you” Aden replied with a smile

“Are you all better now?” Lily questioned

Aden looked confused shooting a glance towards Belle

“Daddy was ill wasn’t he…?” Belle prompted “That’s why he hasn’t been able to see you”

Aden suddenly understood and nodded in agreement

“Daddy’s all better baby” placing a tender kiss on Lily’s cheek

“What’s she doing back?” Geoff asked Irene

“God knows love” Irene sighed rubbing his shoulder

“Abby’s not with her then?” Geoff asked

“Don’t go there darling, you love Nicole remember?” Irene sighed,

“I didn’t mean… I…” Geoff stuttered blushing

“That girl does crazy things with your head, its best you just forget about her” Irene glared

Archived