Because Life Doesn't Just Stop

Guest h&a-girl

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i'll start with a HUGE apology for the lack of updates in a while. Though for a good reason as freshers week has involved a lot of alcohol and I feel my writing would have consisted of "I love Aden hehehehehe". Updates should be nice and regular from now on, thank you all for your patience and as always for your lovely comments.

She watched from a distance for about five minutes before she approached him, she saw him chat to Irene- the affection between them obvious, she saw students from Summer Bay High warmly greet ‘Mr Jefferies’ and she saw Colleen give Aden a muffin with his morning coffee even though he hadn’t asked for one just because he was “a busy young man” who “needed to eat”. It was so bizarre to watch, the way he had become part of the community but at the same time a feeling of warmth flooded her to see him so happy. Her eventual entrance was met by inevitable stares from the people that had once knew her, Colleen watched in awe as Aden embraced his daughter and as Belle awkwardly greeted her ex.

“Kitchen Colleen” Irene snapped

Laughing at the familiarity of the situation, Belle couldn’t help but feel she was home.

“So maybe the diner wasn’t the best place to meet” Belle suggested

“You know what Colleen’s like, don’t worry” Aden assured

“Yeah” Belle smiled, noting the instant connection of love that had been forged between father and daughter.

“So Angelo’s cool with this yeah?” Aden asked

“We don’t tell Angelo where we’ve been do we mummy” Lily smiled, echoing her mothers words from the day before

Belle cringed as Aden looked on in disbelief

“Belle you have to tell him” Aden sighed

“I know and I will” Belle promised

“I want regular access to Lily and that means your fiancée needs to know about it” Aden whispered his distaste for the word ‘fiancée’ evident.

“Beth I really would love a coffee” Amanda requested.

Beth sighed and walked off to retrieve the coffee, passing Adam in the corridor

“Hey Adam” she smiled, her crush obvious

“You alright Becky” Adam grinned

“Beth” Beth corrected

“Yeah sure, what are you up to?” Adam asked with a broad smile which melted Beth’s heart

“Just getting Amanda’s coffee” Beth answered

“You’re a great assistant” Adam called walking away

“Shame I came here to be a photographer” Beth muttered bitterly watching Adam saunter towards Amanda’s office.

“Adam” Amanda smiled welcoming him into her office

“I have a few shots I wanted you to look at” Adam smiled presenting her with a wad of photos

“I’ve already seen your shots Adam” Amanda replied

“Well I’m a little worried about a few of them” Adam sighed

“Darling, magazines are interested in you, companies are interested in you. These shots are fantastic, so stop worrying” Amanda assured pushing the wad back towards them.

Beth made her way back to the office complete with coffee in hand but stopped at the office door as she watched Amanda hand Adam a pile of photographs.

“Darling you’re gorgeous” Amanda smiled kissing his cheek

Beth was shocked, and what she assumed was an affair and clumsily made noise outside the door to alert them of her presence.

“Come in Beth, Adam’s just leaving” Amanda smiled watching the love struck model depart

Angelo walked into the flat after a long day at work and unbuttoned his shirt letting it fall to the floor, grabbing a beer from the fridge he slumped down on the sofa and kicked off his shoes stealing the remote from Abby who was lost in a talk show.

“Oy!” Abby snapped

“My TV” Angelo smiled

“Oh great” Abby sighed

“Belle still at work?” Angelo asked

“Er yep” Abby covered remembering her promise to Belle

“Well did you pick up Lily from school?” Angelo asked

“She felt ill this morning so she’s been with Amanda and Belle at the agency all day” Abby stuttered, doing her best to sound like she was telling the truth

“Poor little mite” Angelo smiled flicking the footie on and taking a sip from his beer completely oblivious to the deception surrounding him.

Walking along the beach, Belle and Aden watched as their daughter ran and played in the sand to any passer by they looked like a regular family. It had seemed as if most of the conversation had been directed towards Lily in an attempt to avoid each other but now as she gleefully began to make a sand pile Aden and Belle were forced to talk.

“Why haven’t you told Angelo you’ve brought Lily to see me?” Aden asked

“Because it’s going to cause trouble” Belle replied

“I’m her father and I have rights” Aden defended

“He wouldn’t mind you seeing Lily, it’s the seeing me part he’d have a problem with” Belle explained

“So I take it you didn’t mention our kiss” Aden teased

“Aden it didn’t mean anything” Belle lied

Aden looked her in the eyes and decided to test her, kissing her passionately before pulling away he was relieved when she kissed him back.

“Didn’t mean a thing, hey?” Aden whispered

“Stop messing with my head” Belle muttered

“You can’t help who you fall in love with” Aden replied simply before standing up and walking off to help Lily with her sand pile.

I'm so not an Adelle fan, but I love this fic. I did read your other one, but never commented. I thought I did, oops.

Your writing is really good, like really really good.

I hope Belle wakes up to herself and tells Angelo the truth. Otherwise it's going to come back and bite her in the ass.

Update soon please.

I just noticed you'd written a sequel and I've just caught up with it all. It is fantastic!! You've managed to create some interesting and new storylines that have used what has happened in H&A recently to move the "original" storyline of your fan-fic forward!! I am totally loving this and can't wait to read the rest :D :D

Just read the last three chapters.

I loved the scene with Aden meeting his daughter. So sad his reaction to knowing that Lily knew who he was. Angelo is not going to be happy when he finds out Belle's been lying to him. Loved how Lily accidently let it out that Angelo didn't know about Belle bringing her to see him.

Thanks to the kitchen next door making loads of noise and playing David Bowie really loud I can't sleep so I thought i'd sit down and give you an update instead :lol: Thank you so much for taking the time out to read this and for leaving me lovely comments

The more time that passed the easier the lies seemed, excuses that she was going out on jobs, taking Lily to visit Amanda. Lily was the perfect little actress playing along, never mentioning the increasing amount of time she was spending with her father. Summer Bay became a frequent destination, like an addiction. Sometimes she would hang out with Aden and Lily, watching the growing bond. Other times, like today, she would simply walk on the beach allowing the sea air to clear her head, a head that was becoming increasingly clouded.

“Belle?” a voice asked from behind her

Belle turned around and examined the couple before her- Jack and Martha.

“I thought it was you, how have you been?” Martha asked with a warm smile

“I’m feeling good, how are you?” Belle asked with a tone of concern

“Still in remission” Martha smiled squeezing her husband’s hand

“I’m so glad for you. You guys look so happy” Belle grinned

The three began to move along the beach, polite enquiries were made and Martha asked about Angelo.

“Yeah we’re still together, engaged in fact” Belle explained

“That’s good.” Martha smiled

“It’s important to be with the one you love, Martha and I wasted so much time apart and the cancer taught us that life is to be lived, enjoyed and loved. We make every day count.” Jack explained, gazing into his wife’s eyes.

“You know that feeling, when Angelo looks at you and your heart beats a little faster, and you can feel butterflies in your stomach?” Martha began

“Yeah” Belle lied

“It’s the best feeling in the world, it’s the feeling I get everyday with Jack” Martha finished bidding Belle farewell as the two finished their walk.

Belle sat down on the sand and remembered those words “…your heart beats a little faster….” The way Aden makes you feel… a little voice inside said.

This place was certainly not somewhere she ever thought she’d go again, but Abby needed to do something, she needed to stop Belle from lying to Angelo stop her making a mistake.

Looking down at the beach the waves made her heart stop…

“You can lean on me, if you like” Geoff smiled as Abby stumbled across the sand

“Geoff just leave me alone” Abby snapped trying to steady herself

The accident had left her struggling to walk; her limbs ached as she sunk into the soft sand. Geoff kept trying to help her, trying to be a good friend but all the time he never acknowledged those words, that kiss.

“How’s Nicole?” Abby challenged

“She’s fine, why wouldn’t she be” Geoff smiled continuing to ignore what had happened between them

“So you haven’t told her…” Abby began

“I have nothing to tell her” Geoff interrupted

“So our kiss was nothing?” Abby asked

“I’m getting married to Nicole, that’s all there is too it” Geoff stated

“Well then being your friend is too hard, just leave me alone” Abby shouted scaring Geoff away, as Geoff marched off all he could think about was that kiss.

Walking along, she still had to contend with the slight limp the accident had left her with, her walk was awkward almost comic… Well at least to some people.

“Wobble much?” Nicole asked bitterly

“Oh god…” Abby sighed, hoping she wouldn’t have had to contend with Nicole or Geoff

“What are you doing here?” Nicole asked, the crackle in her voice revealed insecurity

“Just come to find Belle and bring her home” Abby answered

“Good” Nicole hissed

“Why do you hate me Nicole?” Abby asked

“Just stay away from my husband, ok?” Nicole begged

“What do you mean? Geoff and I were just friends!” Abby sighed

“Do you think I’m an idiot? I saw you that night, I saw him kiss you” Nicole cried finally revealing that she had knew all along about Geoff’s deception

“It was the night I left… It was just a goodbye kiss” Abby defended, not realising that she was revealing another event one that Nicole knew nothing about

So if you’d like to raise a glass to my lovely daughter, who is going off to university to follow her dreams” Chris smiled as the rest of the surf club cheered

Abby stood surrounded by her friends applauding her, enjoying her special moment.

“I’m gunna miss you sis” Sam smiled giving her a hug

“Me too, just remember I’m only a phone call away” Jazz smiled getting teary eyed.

“Abby…” Geoff began standing in the doorway, motioning for her to join him outside

“You’re making me miss my party” Abby complained with a smile

“I don’t want you to go…” Geoff started

“Got to get myself educated Geoff, I can’t be the only one of your friends heading off to uni” Abby laughed

“You know you’re more than that” Geoff sighed

“Do I?” Abby asked

Geoff leaned in to kiss her, and the pair let passion take over.

“You’re getting married in two weeks” Abby noted pulling away, she began to walk back to the party

“What if I’m making a mistake?” Geoff asked, searching for an answer

“What?!” Nicole cried “You slut!”

“Oh no…” Abby panicked realising her mistake

Nicole delivered a neat slap to the side of Abby’s face leaving her with a glowing red mark

“You and your sister are just the same, you’re cheating with my husband and there’s her cheating on her fiancée with her ex! Don’t you have any morals?!” Nicole spat

“What?” Angelo asked, stepping out of his car having overheard the whole of Nicole’s rant…

Archived