Because Life Doesn't Just Stop

Guest h&a-girl

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm being dead generous this weekend...

Amanda walked down into the studio where Adam was supposed to be having his shoot but instead was confronted by an angry looking photographer and bored assistants.

“Do you have an explanation as to where boy wonder is?” the photographer asked

“Adam hasn’t turned up?” Amanda asked

“No and I’ve been waiting half an hour! I don’t care if he’s got the look, if he can’t be bothered to turn up to shoots then I expect you to deal with him!” The photographer shouted

“Ok calm down and leave this to me, you’ll still get paid for this morning. Ok?” Amanda soothed

“Whatever” the photographer snapped walking out

Amanda took a deep breath and thought about Adam and his no show. Surely this was a sign of his guilt, the day after she gets the letter he doesn’t turn up. Amanda punched in his home number with disgust.

“Hey you’ve reached Adam Ryan; I’m not home right now so leave a message after the beep…”

“Damn it! You think you can mess with me?! Well I’ll tell you something, I don’t know what crazy idea you’ve constructed in your head but this is the end of it or I will go to the police! You hear me?” Amanda shouted

Hitting the ‘end’ button she stormed upstairs to her office.

“I’m looking for someone- gorgeous: blonde hair, blue eyes. Always seems to be at work and never at home taking care of her man” Peter laughed surprising Amanda as she walked into her office with a bunch of flowers and a kiss

“Peter what are you doing here?” Amanda asked with a smile

“Come to see you, I miss you” Peter sighed, giving her a look which melted her heart

Amanda shuffled over to the desk and picked up the pile of mail which had been left for her, Peter stood behind her and began kissing her neck. Amanda immediately recognised the same handwriting on the front of the envelope as the one she had received yesterday; shrugging Peter off she hid the letter in her handbag.

“You fancy lunch?” Amanda asked with a nervous smile

“Sure” Peter grinned heading towards the door

“You go down; I’ll meet you in a sec” Amanda hurried

“Sure…” Peter replied looking slightly confused

Once she was sure Peter had left she retrieved the letter from her bag and slowly began to open it, the letter had been set out as a newspaper article.

“A murky past, a dirty girl, the seemingly angelic owner of Melbourne’s top modelling agency has been forced to step down, admitting that she herself was creating bad press for the business she started from scratch. Amanda Vale it would seem not only has a shady past but it has now also been revealed that she had been conducting an affair with a young model…”

Amanda went on to read the article which mentioned names such as Graham Walters, Kelli Vale, Josh West and even her daughter Belle Taylor. On the back of the article was a simple note.

“Imagine if something like this really was printed in a newspaper, it would end your career. A cash donation might stop me from talking; I’ll send further details…”

Amanda felt sick, she had never even gone near Adam Ryan and he was claiming to have an affair with her! The rest of the article too, bringing up all the bad events from her past that she had sought to forget. Amanda knew she needed to stop this and soon.

The tension in the room was obvious. Aden and Angelo shot looks of distain to each other as they waited for Belle to speak. Jazz couldn’t help but feel excited by the inevitable bomb that was about to go off, Chris noticed this and shot her a knowing glance.

“The reason I asked you here today is that I can’t deal with all the fighting that’s going on” Belle began

“Sorry if I felt ever so slightly betrayed!” Angelo snapped

“Shut up jerk!” Aden growled

“Both of you shut up” Chris sighed

“Are you going to make a choice Belle? Are you?” Angelo asked

“Angelo I said shut up” Chris snapped

“Yes I’ve made a choice. I choose my daughter. She doesn’t deserve the constant battle that’s going on. Aden I still want you to have access to her, she’s your daughter. Angelo I’m giving you back your ring, what happened yesterday proved that I don’t know you at all and if you can’t get on with Aden then that’s going to cause problems for Lily and I can’t have that, you know I can’t” Belle explained

“This is pathetic” Angelo grunted standing up and walking towards the door

“Angelo I’m sorry” Belle started

“Belle you never really loved me, I tried to ignore it but it’s true. I’ll be gone when you get back, but let me give you a warning- you’ve lost the best relationship you’ll ever have, don’t just go running back to him because you’re lonely because he never will be good enough for you” Angelo warned walking out of Belle’s life for good.

The last two chapters were really good.

It was good to see Chris get a chance to be the one giving the advice, it's usually Amanda. And he gave the perfect advice too. I'm glad Belle decided to listen to him instead of Abby. Loved that tiny detail about Jazz being excited about what's about to happen, shes still herself.

I am excited to find out more about this Amanda stuff. Peter is so sweet. Hope she tells him about the messages soon.

Ok so this apology is HUGE! I've had no time at all recently (I actually still have no time and should be working on an essay but oh well...) but I haven't forgotten about it so here is another part for you. Thank you for all your support and for encouraging me not to give up with it. Hope you enjoy and will try to post the next part within the next few days

The sun beat down on Belle and Amanda who were laid out on sun loungers in Amanda’s back garden the two women laid soaking up the sun both trying to forget about their problems.

“If only everything in life was this easy” Amanda sighed

“Would certainly be nice… You don’t look very happy” Belle noted

“I’m fine” Amanda lied

“You’re not, you’ve been like this for weeks now and I know the only reason your not telling me is because you think I’ve got enough on my plate with the whole Aden and Angelo saga, but I’m fine so tell me” Belle encouraged

Amanda took a deep breath and turning towards her daughter finally spoke

“I’m being blackmailed…” Amanda stated

“What?!” Belle gasped sitting up “Have you told Peter? Is he sorting everything out?”

“I can’t tell Peter…” Amanda began

“What have you done?” Belle frowned

“Oh just straight away assume it’s me why don’t you” Amanda grunted

“Well what am I supposed to think if you’re not telling Peter! Who is it blackmailing you anyway?!” Belle asked

“Adam Ryan” Amanda replied

“The model Adam Ryan? That’s ridiculous what does he have to blackmail you about?” Belle wondered aloud

“He’s fabricated some kind of affair, in his head I promise but after everything that happened with Ethan I don’t want to put Peter through it again. He’s also dug up all of my not so glowing moments from the past and is saying he’ll inform the papers, I can’t risk Modelesque!” Amanda explained

“This is ridiculous” Belle sighed

“I know, but he’s asked for money- $10,000 which in the scheme of things isn’t that much to get him off my back once and for all” Amanda continued

“$10,000! Won’t Peter notice that amount of money has gone?” Belle asked

“Not if I take it out of the business. Adam Ryan is small time, he’s angry that I rejected his advances and wants me to pay, literally” Amanda smiled weakly

“I don’t know how you can be so positive about this mum, your letting some stupid kid take you for a ride.” Belle moaned

“I involve the police then I involve Peter. I can’t lose him again Belle, I won’t. I’m meeting Adam tomorrow in my office 3pm and I’ll give him the money and send him on his way” Amanda explained

“Well then I’ll come with you” Belle smiled

“No you won’t, you have a daughter to think about” Amanda snapped

“So you think you’re in danger!” Belle exclaimed

“I’m not letting you take any risks.” Amanda finished

Leaning back onto the sun lounger Amanda ignoring any attempts Belle made to carry on the conversation.

Abby sat alone in the bar, downing another drink she tried to forget the conversation she and Geoff had a couple of weeks ago the day he snuck out to meet her…

“Abby!” Geoff called chasing after her

“What do you want Geoff?” Abby asked; part of her wishing that he would just sweep her up in his arms and tell her that everything was going to be ok.

“I need you to go, go back to the city and don’t come back” Geoff asked

“Well you sure have a way with words Geoffy” Abby gasped, feeling like she’d been punched in the stomach

“You’re going to ruin everything” Geoff sighed

“If you didn’t have feelings for me then me being here wouldn’t matter” Abby noted

“I don’t ok, I just don’t want you upsetting Nicole!” Geoff shouted walking away

Playing with her phone she scrolled through the contacts ‘Geoff’ pressing the call button she hung up straight away and ordered another drink.

Going to collect Lily from Aden’s all Belle could think about was the blackmail situation and the trouble her mother was in. She had to do something; she couldn’t just sit by and let her mum get herself into a dangerous situation.

Arriving at Aden’s she opened the door and after a polite greeting turned round and asked him

“Aden, are you busy tomorrow at 3pm?”

Checking the money again, Amanda counted it for what must have been the tenth time. As the lift creaked up to the top floor she glanced at her watch… 2:58pm

Stepping out of the lift she slowly opened the door but nothing could have prepared her for what she found- Adam tied up and gagged on the floor, squirming, desperately trying to get free. Amanda ran over and pulled down the gag.

“What’s going on?” Amanda asked deeply confused

“She’s got both of us now…” Adam gasped his eyes travelling to the figure standing at the door

Archived