Strictly Come Dancing '08

Guest princess_in_pink

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The judges definately made the right decision tonight, i don't think i could have watched Mark try to squirm across the dance floor for one week longer, it was unbearably painful :lol: plus the fact that in would have been a travesty for Andrew to go this week considering it was his best performance so far :)

Has anyone heard about the supposed 'race row' that's going on? Apparently some people think that the voting is racist because the likes of Heather Small and Don Warrington are getting voted out or ending up in the bottom two. Does nobody remember that a mixed race women actually won last year?? The mind boggles. :blink:

Has anyone heard about the supposed 'race row' that's going on? Apparently some people think that the voting is racist because the likes of Heather Small and Don Warrington are getting voted out or ending up in the bottom two. Does nobody remember that a mixed race women actually won last year?? The mind boggles. :blink:

Are you serious!? That is so pathetic (The 'race row', not you :P). I don't think race has anything to do with it. That may have been justified if we were talking about Heather, Don etc being the best dancers, but they're not. Some people. :rolleyes:

I'm actually surprised Andrew was in the bottom 2. What happened to the GMTV viewers? Did they give up? :P. It's also quite amusing that he would end up bottom 2 when, as Mrs Baker said, tonight was his best performance so far. So between them, I do think the right person went. I thought Mark's dance was quite painful to watch actually. I haven't warmed to Mark, so seeing him leave wasn't exactly something I'll lose sleep over. But I must say, one they'd announced all the decent ones were safe (Austin, Tom, Cherie, Rachel etc) I gave up prediciting who would go. :P

Maybe they are worried about a repeat of what happened a few years ago, where all the black/ mixed race contestants were voted out quickly and a hopeless white actress was kept in for weeks. The black dancers were Mica Paris, a DJ called Spoony or something and an actor called Ray something [who was a brilliant dancer and didn't deserve to go :angry:] Can't remember the name of the white actress, she was in Casualty/ Holby City or something. I remember all the judges were shocked at all this. Maybe that's when they decided to have a judges vote at the end instead of leaving it to the public?

I'm glad Mark wotsit was voted out. He's probably a nice guy but he is definitely built for swimming, not dancing. Why did he have to take his top off at the end?? Yuck....

I take it back when I said in week 1 that Mark could improve and we would see a journey with him, like Gethin last year. The only journey Mark was on was from bad to WORSE. :P His performances were cringe worthy to watch. I'm glad he's gone.

Well this week's results have laid to rest this 'race row' business... Heather did well and she wasn't in the bottom 2. Just because two black contestents happen to be in the bottom two, doesn't mean the voters are racist, they both can perform badly on the same night. Meaning they finish last. :rolleyes: Andrew did well last night, but he still featured in the dance-off, when in the past he wasn't so good and he was still saved.

I think it should be John and Andrew in the dance-off tonight, with John going :lol: I mean John is such a nice guy and it was sweet of the viewers to keep him in for a few weeks, but when it comes to the point of him staying at one of the better dancers expense, then his time is up.

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to make a plea to the lovely british public, please don't vote for John Sergeant this week :P Seriously though i know he's entertaining and sweet and lovely, but he CANNOT dance :rolleyes: if this goes on much longer all the talented dancers will be voted off way to early :(

Archived