Tattoos

Guest Traceve

My friend got a tattoo last week. She's a massive Lost fan and got "the numbers" tattooed on her lower back. I have to say it's awesome, and I want to get one done extremely badly :P She wont tell me about the pain though... how much does it hurt? What kind of pain is it? Whats the least sore place to get one? How long does it take to heal up? How long would it take to get one done?

I'm really chicken when it comes to pain, so...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got mine on my wrist and it was more of a pinching sensation more than anything... I hate needles and I hate pain, pain hurts! But seriously, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought! I remember getting done and after I said to the tattooist "Well that wasn't too bad". :lol:

It depends on how big the tattoo will be to know how long it will take. Mine is roughly 3cm wide and 4cm long and it took just over a half hour to get done. It didn't take long at all to heal up, but I'm not sure how long it was...

I don't see anything wrong with tattoos, and I dislike the thinking some people have that if you have a tattoo you are "rough" or dangerous to society. I'm sick of people telling me that if I get a tattoo then I'm unemployable. I'm not going to get a swastika tattooed on my face, so I don't see why my potential tattoos which people won't be able to see should become a factor of how employable I am.

I don't see anything wrong with tattoos, and I dislike the thinking some people have that if you have a tattoo you are "rough" or dangerous to society. I'm sick of people telling me that if I get a tattoo then I'm unemployable. I'm not going to get a swastika tattooed on my face, so I don't see why my potential tattoos which people won't be able to see should become a factor of how employable I am.

That annoys me so much. A tattoo doesn't jeopardize your ability to do your job. They think people or customers will get offended and think it's unnacceptable.

When I used to work at woolies (I know checkout chick :lol:) I have a tattoo on my wrist and this one lady was like 'Oh they let you work here with that one your wrist?'. I just stared at her and was like 'I seem to be serving you okay don't I?'. She started freakin lecturing me about how offensive it was and inappropriate. I just said 'If you don't like it, next time go to the next register'

Boy did I get a hell of a complaint. Stupid people and their opinions <_<

I love music more then anything in the world so i want to get a treble clef on my shoulder.It can be hidden by a shirt if i want but can be seen depending on the type of shirt to.Not sure when it'll happen but it will eventually.

how much does it hurt? What kind of pain is it? Whats the least sore place to get one? How long does it take to heal up? How long would it take to get one done?

I'm really chicken when it comes to pain, so...

Yes it do hurt, however for me it was only the outline that was unbearlable as it's done with smaller needle, once she was colouring it in, it was in was more of an ache rather than pain. After about 1 hour after it's been completed and you can start putting the cream on you don't know it's there. Unless you knock it.

People say it hurts the most when the needle is going directly over bone so like anywhere along the spine, hands, feet, wrists, ankle etc... However I've only got one, so I don't know.

Mind took about a month, but it's all going to depend on how big the Tattoo is and how long you body takes to heal.

I worked it out that anything costing £20 is going to take 20 miuntes or less anything above is £1 per minute. Not sure if thats the same sort of pricing in other shops.

Archived