Tattoos

Guest Traceve

Shamlessly bumping :P

I want another one. *shudder* I want one of the back of my neck, a small symbol of some sort, but I have no idea what it could be! Maybe a Chinese symbol that means something? I'm thinking something along the lines of love, peace or music. Would anyone have any suggestions?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I don't really have a suggestion but it's more like a small warning about Chinese symbols. :)

My friend used to date a guy who had a Chinese symbol tattooed (sp?) on his arm. I don't remember what it was though. Anyway, one of my best friends is a Chinese girl. She saw the boy's tattoo and realised the guy who made the tattoo (and who wasn't Chinese) made a spelling mistake. Obviously, my friend's ex-boyfriend didn't know how to read Chinese and didn't know his tattoo meant nothing. He wasn't happy when he found out.

If you know a Chinese person, I would advise you to ask them whether the spelling is correct. Most people don't know how to read Chinese but if I was paying for a tattoo, I'd want it to be correct, especially as it's not something you can erase easily. :)

I like your music suggestion btw. Usually, people opt for a love or peace symbol. A music symbol would be different. :)

These girls in my class have tattoos... one has a massive swirly thing across the whole of her lower back, and another girl has a heart on her hip. They said it didn't hurt at all, the girl that got the one on her back just said it tickled :lol:

I want one... but i'm too chicken :P

Personally, I am somewhat split about Tattoos. I think that if they have meaning, or are a cultural thing then i'm all for it but otherwise I don't really like them. I'd never get one because I know my parents would kill me, But I have a heap of friends that have them.

I'm 18 and my mum is 50. She got a tattoo at the beginning of this year when she told me I was like "are you feeling alright". I'm 18 here I should be the one getting the tattoo :lol: But I'm chicken lol. I never use to like tattoos but I've started to like them alot, theres a tv series called "Miami Ink" it's really good. You guys should watch it.

I'm 18 and my mum is 50. She got a tattoo at the beginning of this year when she told me I was like "are you feeling alright". I'm 18 here I should be the one getting the tattoo :lol: But I'm chicken lol. I never use to like tattoos but I've started to like them alot, theres a tv series called "Miami Ink" it's really good. You guys should watch it.

That sounds like something my mum would've done :lol: and she woul've been the same age as your mum :lol:

I'd like to get one on my wrist as well but like you Steph I'm not a huge fan of the needles and stuff :P:lol:

Archived