Tattoos

Guest Traceve

I want to get my first tattoo done soon, I've choosen a desgin and I know where I want it. However, I'm not a huge fan of pain. So, I was wondering is there anything I can do that will minimize the pain?

I plan to get the tat done on my inner wrist on my left hand.

Here is the pic, it'll just be all back though, not bold letters.

tattookz3.jpg

Does anyone else here have tattoos and could perhaps offer me some words of wisdom? :lol:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help you but i'm in the same boat ...i want one though i'm not really scared of the pain,it's more the needle if that makes sence...I have a MASSIVE needle phobia that i'll somehow need to get over first me thinks!

I have one of a blue rose on my right shoulder. Personally i didn't feel much pain while getting it done, it felt more tickleish {sp}. I'm not saying it's like that for everyone though my friend got her's done the same day as me on the bottom of her back and came out crying so i guess it all really depends on the place you get it.

Sorry not to be more help.

I have one on my lower back. Yes it does hurt, but it's well worth it. IMO anyway. The pain reminded me of when you were young when you fell over and tock the top layer of skin off. After a while the pains gone. I think they most painful places to get then is upper/lower back, ankles and wrist as there isn't must fat there. If that makes sense. Most places now you can go an hour before and they'll put so cream on to help numb the area you plan to get done, so when you book ask about that and also make sure you get some sort of cream, the taoottist should be able to tell you what works best. Make sure you put it on twice a day till it's fully healed. As when the scab become hard, you got more chance of knockig it off before it's ready and that can take some of the colour off and you'll need to get it re-done and I've been told it really hurts.

Half the people have said the inner wrist is the least painful and then the other half have said it was the most painful lol

Lynd, I hope all works out for you, I believe you'll be able to overcome the needles :)

Ohh thanks, I shall defintely ask for the cream! I won't be getting it done till the end of July, I think. I will post pictures though.

I've always been told the places where there's less fat, hurts more. One of my friends had one done on her lower back, she said it was more annoying than painful, like a pinching feeling.

I don't have any, I'm not game to get any done. Too worried I'll regret, and well, I don't like pain. If I was to get one, it would be my son's name and date of birth.

I would love to get a tattoo but I have a massive phobia of needles and also I'm not sure I want to have all that pain inflicted on me. I'm hoping that one day I will just wake up and go and get the tattoo!

I was like that, as I hate needles aswell. I think thats why I picked the bottom of my back to get one as I couldn't see it getting done. I use to always go in the shop and look around. A few times I've shown them what I want and asked if thay can fit me in and everytime they said I needed to come back in a few days time, so I chickened out. One day someone said I'll never get one and that just made me more determined to get it. the next day I got it done. I'm planning on getting my second one done sometime this year.

I love tattoo's :)

I have so far two tattoo's, and they're both right next to each other on my left arm. It's a chinese letter, and below there's my other tattoo which is very artistic. It's basically a heart, with a rose within it, and there's flames at the back of the heart, and above it. And right on my heart in the middle it says my name, which is Aaliyah. It's hard to describe the tattoo this way. But I am very happy with both of my lovely tattoo's.

I have to be honest, the very first time I was to get my first tattoo, the chinese letter, I was terrified. I think I was about 19... And as I entered the tattoo place, which is by the way called "House of Pain" which scared me even more. Although the guy who gave me my tattoo's are a good friend of the family, someone who saw me grow up. So I wasn't that worried. But as I entered this place I saw him giving one guy a tattoo on his foot - And this guy was screaming as loud as he possibly could. I felt so bad for him. And I was ready to run away and forget about my tattoo.

However, I swallowed my fear and stayed, I was excited for my tattoo. And here I am now with my tattoo's and I'm so happy with them. And to be honest they didn't hurt me at all, I was not screaming :P It doesn't really hurt to get a tattoo on your arm. But as long as I know I'll get a real nice tattoo after all of the pain it causes me, I'll be fine, I'll survive it. It may help you to think this way as well :)

Nice tattoo by the way!

Archived