Tattoos

Guest Traceve

I like tattoos. I always admire them when I see them on other people. I sometimes feel like a freak for staring though lol. Although one woman who had no inhibitions once flashed me and my friends at a bar to show us the awesome leopard she had tattooed over her shoulder and onto her chest. That was fun :P

Another woman I knew had a snake coiled around each wrist with their heads on the back of her hands. They looked so awesome. And I don't know if it was because she had darker skin, but they didn't seem to stand out that much or be that distracting - I always assumed that having tattoos in a place that couldn't easily be covered up (well, gloves I guess but how often do you wear gloves in Australia?) would be a mistake because there'd be some people who would find it tacky or offensive in some way... because you don't have the right to do what you want with your own skin :rolleyes:... but they were so simple and elegant that they never looked out of place. The symmetry might have helped too.

I don't have any tattoos, but I think I'll get one one day. It's just that I'm too indecisive to know exactly what I want and where I want it :rolleyes:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got back from travelling and crazily decided that a tattoo would be a great momento! I got four little footprints on the inside of my heel. Can not describe the pain. But then I think that was because a) it was on my foot and b) I am an incredibly huge wimp about pain. But it's not an unbearable pain, it's easy to put up with it, as long as it's nothing too big!

• 1 month later...

OMG how easy is it to get some of the colour out of a tattoo! I got bit by something last week on part of the sun and some of the scab has just come off along with part of the tat! I'm so annoyed! It wouldn't annoy me as much if I'd just got it done, but I've had it almost 2 years. I can't believe I'm going to have to get it re-done.

I want to get my first tattoo done soon, I've choosen a desgin and I know where I want it. However, I'm not a huge fan of pain. So, I was wondering is there anything I can do that will minimize the pain?

I plan to get the tat done on my inner wrist on my left hand.

Here is the pic, it'll just be all back though, not bold letters.

tattookz3.jpg

Does anyone else here have tattoos and could perhaps offer me some words of wisdom? :lol:

I haven't had mine done yet (gotta wait till my next birthday, lol), but I will tell you some things that I've heard:

1. As people above me have said, more fat = less pain.

2. Try not to worry about the pain: that only makes it worse.

3. They say it's not really that bad -- a friend I know who's had a tattoo was making coffee, and when I asked about the pain, he rubbed the still hot metal spoon on the back of my hand and said it was about as bad as that. TBH, it wasn't that bad.

So yeah, I think the main thing to do is stay calm. And as some people have mentioned, there's a cream you can get to numb the area.

Good luck with your tattoo! :D

Archived