learning difficulties: Please note and understand

Guest nata

BORNLIPPY.....UR A LEDGEND THANK YOU FOR SAYIN WHAT WE ALL FEEL.......

LOOK IN MY OPITION PLL WIT LEARNIN DIFICUTIES,PLL WHO FIND IT EASYIER TO WRITE IN CAP, PPL WIT BAD SPELLINS SHUDNT HAVE TO LET ADMIN KNOW.. THE MEMBERS THEY CONNECT WIT THREW POSTS IS WHO RELLY MATTERS... AND IF WE WANT O LET PEOPLE KOW THINGS THEN WE SHALL BUT ONLY IF WE WANT.....

LIKE WHAT ARE U'S GONNA DO DELTE SOME1S ACCOUNT IF THEY CHOSES NOT TO TELL U FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD THIS FOURM IS FOR EVERY1 AND IM SURE NOT EVERY1 IS COMFORTABLE SHARING THERE PERSONAL STUFF OVER THE NET...ME PERSONLY I DNT CARE BUT THATS ME

BY THE WAY IM DSLEXIC

You've already shown that you are quite capable of typing legibly enough for people to understand what you're saying, so I don't think there's any need to make a joke of people who might have difficulty doing that, or with the staff who are trying to help people to be understood by other members. There are rules here and when some people don't follow them they are often viewed as being purposefully rude and arrogant towards the other members, which then causes conflict, and no one wants that to happen to people who genuinely can't help it.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bornlippy's a quite appropriate name really.......And I-FANCY-Alf, don't think for a minute that you speak on behalf of everyone on this forum. You guys are just 2 of over 11,000 members.

The fact is that Nata felt the need to explain her disability because a few members were quite mean when it came to her posts. By explaining that she had a disability, it gave the mods a heads up incase anyone else felt the need to tell her off about her SPAG.

I would rather the mods knew about a disability than not know and ban someone for repeatedly breaking the SPAG rule.

OK nata initiated this thread because people were extremely rude to her ... that was her choice and others chose to follow suit...other issues have arisen in this thread.

There are a number of rules about SPAG , text speak etc... because this forum is for people from all over the world, some of whom do not have English as a first language, and people of all ages and we need a clear means of acceptable, legible standard communication. That rule is not going to change. If people are going to have difficulty with adhering to it for any reason we will do our best to support them. On occasion in the past it have been evident that people actually cant be bothered becasuse its easier to write in MSN style text speak, or in capital letters because that's what they do on MSN , not because they have a disability, so one or two people got annoyed with us. As we have said in the past the people who pay for and run this forum are not going to change the rule. But at the same time we also do not want to exclude any one who might struggle because of a disability so we will do our best to help people who for one reason or another may struggle. However we are not mind readers , so if you choose not to tell us and you are breaking our rules you must expect to get the odd reminder if you repeatedly break them. We don't expect perfection, if we did I'd be getting them too, as my spelling is crap! We just ask that people try, and we will help out if you ask us to, we don't actually bite, well not much any way :P

Please read the forum guide at the top right hand corner of the page... it has details of the rules and what they mean.

The other thing which we would ask is that members refrain form being rude to other posters, and stop and think. If you think someone is breaking the rules report it to a mod, don't deal with it in a thread.

This thread is here, for people like Elaine(nata) who want to make a statement about a disability , but no one is under any obligation to do so, or indeed to PM us. We are merely giving you choices.

BORNLIPPY.....UR A LEDGEND THANK YOU FOR SAYIN WHAT WE ALL FEEL.......

LOOK IN MY OPITION PLL WIT LEARNIN DIFICUTIES,PLL WHO FIND IT EASYIER TO WRITE IN CAP, PPL WIT BAD SPELLINS SHUDNT HAVE TO LET ADMIN KNOW.. THE MEMBERS THEY CONNECT WIT THREW POSTS IS WHO RELLY MATTERS... AND IF WE WANT O LET PEOPLE KOW THINGS THEN WE SHALL BUT ONLY IF WE WANT.....

LIKE WHAT ARE U'S GONNA DO DELTE SOME1S ACCOUNT IF THEY CHOSES NOT TO TELL U FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD THIS FOURM IS FOR EVERY1 AND IM SURE NOT EVERY1 IS COMFORTABLE SHARING THERE PERSONAL STUFF OVER THE NET...ME PERSONLY I DNT CARE BUT THATS ME

BY THE WAY IM DSLEXIC

You've already shown that you are quite capable of typing legibly enough for people to understand what you're saying, so I don't think there's any need to make a joke of people who might have difficulty doing that, or with the staff who are trying to help people to be understood by other members. There are rules here and when some people don't follow them they are often viewed as being purposefully rude and arrogant towards the other members, which then causes conflict, and no one wants that to happen to people who genuinely can't help it.

dude my frined was wit me she typed the good ones on my frist nihgt cos shes a mega fast typer............nd i am blood dslexic

It should be noted that a disability does not necessarily give you immunity from the rules

I will use bad forum etiquette and quote myself, but having dyslexia can't be used as an excuse for some of the utter ****e you've posted these past few days.

i too have a learning disability so I can sympathise completely with belle-for-life and tonyandrachelforlife and nata. ive been trying to learn how to play the violin and i just cant grasp it so i completely know how you guys feel!!!! its such an important subject to me.

hardly wat id calll i learning disabilitly...if u ar dislexic lik u said u were thats a learnin disability nog not bein able play an instrument

maybe its time to close this thrend its not ben used as it was ment to be used

I guess, the inability to be able to understand sheet music could be looked up on as an type of learning disability that would prevent the learning of the violin. However, bar the disappointment of not being able to play the violin, I can't imagine it throwing up the same problems in life as suffering from dyslexia would.

Archived