Sinful Seduction?

Guest vale4eva

Rant time! :D

I'm so sick of this fic now lol, I've actually got a headache trying to write it :blink:

I've just lost all motivation to carry on with it :(

And as for the baby name! Well, that was just a mountain of a task in itself <_<

Anyhoo, try and enjoy it...

Chapter 55:

(The following day)

The living room was filled to the brim with flowers, cards, chocolates and various other gifts, whilst the walls were draped with banners saying, ‘Congratulations’ and ‘Welcome Home’.

Smiles were spread on their families faces as they stepped inside and hugged them tight.

“Wow, look at this place” gushed Martha, as she placed her over night bag down onto the couch, “It looks amazing”.

“It’s only what you deserve love – for all that hard work you’ve been through”.

“Oh please, it was hardly a chore” she smiled, taking a glance across to look at her adorable son.

“No, course not. But you still deserve a little pampering” he told her, walking around to her side and leading her backwards, “and before you try and protest! I’m having none of it! Just do as you’re told!” he smirked at her, placing his hands onto her shoulders and pushing her until she slumped down onto the couch.

“Ugh; I’m going to love this aren’t I” she groaned, before smiling.

Resting her head backwards onto the couch and rolling it to one side, she looked across at Jack, as he tried his best to do three things at once. Firstly he was fumbling around with the bags, then he was trying to unpack the baby essentials, as well as keeping an eye on the bub itself.

It sure as hell wouldn’t be easy, looking after a newborn, but Martha was overjoyed with anticipation. All the first timers; the first time he smiled, the first time he walked, his first words … would it be momma or papa? She felt a buzz of butterfly’s spring to life in her stomach as she contemplated the notion.

Catching Jacks eye, she reached out for him to join her.

“I’m not the only one who needs to rest Jack” she told him, as he sat beside her and placed the baby carrier onto the floor between their legs.

“Oh yeah, cause I just went through a grueling 24 hours of labour, didn’t I” he teased her with sarcasm, giving her a playful nudge.

“No” she laughed, “But it was still pretty stressful, for all of us. And you’ve barely slept at all. I can’t even recall seeing you close your eyes within the last 48 hours” she gently moaned at him.

“Well, I’m just keeping an eye on my two favourite people, that’s all” he cooed at her.

“And how are you going to keep an eye on us, when you’re the one passed out cold on the floor?” she questioned him, her head titling as she looked at him. “Please get some sleep”.

With a sigh, he relented, “alright, I guess it can’t hurt to get 40 winks” he rubbed his hand across his tired face, “it’d sure be a lot more tempting if I had someone to snuggle up to though” he said cheekily. “What do you say? Fancy it?”

“Hmm” she pretended to think for a moment, “Ok, I guess I can deal with that” she smiled. “I’ll just put the baby in the crib and then we’ll get some sleep” she said; as she rose from the couch and bent down to carefully take a hold of the carrier.

Quietly announcing to everyone their plans to sleep, the place fell silent...

……………………

Her eyes drooped heavily as exhaustion washed over her, consuming her like a great wave, but she strove to keep them open, as she tucked her newborn comfortably into the covers.

“Sleep well baby boy. I love you” she cooed down to him in a soft sweet voice.

Closing the door to her old bedroom behind her, she made her way across the hall; baby monitor in hand!

For the past 7 months she’d been sleeping in Jacks bedroom. After Tony had finally given his blessing, they’d quickly gone out and purchased a double bed, somehow cramming it into the not-so-large room, and adding a few more wardrobes to hold the extra clothing.

It was their goal for the end of the year, to find their own place, maybe an apartment or a 2 bedroom house, (hopefully with a garden) somewhere a little more spacious for the baby to grow.

That was a long way off though, and looking too far into the future would only divert their attention, and there were so many more significant occurrences at the present to captivate their awareness.

That night, both Martha and Jack went to sleep dreaming of their son; anxious to find out what a new day with him would bring…

……………………………

(8.30am)

“Morning” Jack grumbled as he rolled over and plunged his face into the pillow.

“Morning” she lightly chuckled as she lay on her back. “Bet you’re exhausted” she commented in reference to the somewhat sleepless night they’d just had; woken up several times by the baby crying. They’d tried to take it in turns, but the ever so noble and persuasive Jack had handled most of it.

“Hmm, just a bit” his croaky voice grumbled, as he turned his head to look at her; his narrow sleepy eyes scrutinizing her appearance. He noted that she seemed surprisingly wide awake considering how early it was. “How long have you been up?”

“Not long really, maybe 20 minutes. I’ve already checked on him, he’s still asleep”.

“Oh, well good” he smirked, “Because I could really do with another hour or so of silence. My heads actually throbbing right now” he groaned.

“Well I’m not surprised” she exclaimed, “You’ve barely slept a wink Jack, and in what? … 72 hours is it? Your body needs to recuperate” she told him through concern.

“Yeah I know. But I don’t think those rules apply to a newborn”.

Truth be told, they didn’t know a lot about babies. They’d read books, been on the internet and spoken to various mums and dads along the way, but it seemed everyone’s experience was rather unique.

They’d heard from one couple that their baby cried for barely 10 minutes a day … lucky bastards! Whereas, others had complained about the sleepless nights, the constant screams and cries, and the general everyday battle to maintain control of this cute and harmless little creature.

Of course with the complaints they’d also praised the positives, like watching them grow, hearing their first words, giving them bubble baths and watching as they kicked and spluttered around adorably in the foam. And not forgetting the simple fact that with just one smile from them, they could make your heart melt and brighten up your day within an instant.

Mostly it was about reaching a balance. And enjoying every minute of it, as best as you could. Because despite the occasional stress, it was during these years when parent to child bonding was most influential ... setting out the makings for their future. And both Martha and Jack were adamant their child would get the best future possible.

“What are you thinking about?” he asked her, after a moment of silence, propping his head against his hand as his elbow rested on the pillow.

“Happy thoughts” she smiled as she stared into the ceiling.

“Like?”

“Like…” she started, “how gorgeous our baby boy is; and how I can’t wait to see him smile and hear his first words” she gushed over him.

“Yep, he’s certainly a stunner” he agreed. “He’s definitely going to turn a few heads when he’s older; much like his dad did” he said smugly, giving her a wink.

“Yeah, but in his case, it’d be for the right reasons Jack” she teased him.

He gasped a little, lifting his head to look at her with wide eyes; “I’ll just pretend you didn’t say that” he sulked.

“Aw, you know I’m only teasing” she giggled, stroking him on the length of his arm; “no one turns heads the way you do honey” she went on to humour him.

“Yeah, no kidding! I’ve spun yours a fair few times” he gloated, cocking an eyebrow at her suggestively.

“Hmmm” she drifted off for a moment, her voice distant, “I remember”.

His smugness eventually dispersed, and he looked across at her in adoration, his eyes taking in her peacefulness and beauty.

“You know, we still need a name for the little guy” he softly announced. “Before everyone gets too attached to just calling him ‘baby boy’” he smirked.

“Yeah” she smiled, her cheeks beginning to blush, which Jack immediately picked up on.

“Ooh” he sprung off the pillow, “I see what’s going on here! Why you’re so excited! You’ve already picked out a name haven’t you!” he teased her, tickling her sides beneath her cottoned t-shirt.

She giggled as her eyes and grin grew wild with excitement.

“Go on then" he said as he gave up tickling her, "I’m listening. As long as it’s not some old fashioned name like Mar… erm, I mean …” his voice turned into a mumble as he halted, “I’m sure I’ll love it”.

“Oh yeah, like the name ‘Jacks' all that hot!” she scoffed, glaring daggers at his comment.

“What’s wrong with Jack?” he asked offended.

“Oh, a question with so many possible answers” she mused, rolling her eyes before smiling back at him through her sarcasm.

Clearing her throat she inhaled a deep breath, calming down. “Anyway” she emphasized, whilst Jack sniggered to himself in amusement.

“You know I love the name Martha really” he mumbled through his cheeky grin, shuffling forward and kissing her lightly on the neck.

She couldn’t help but flush with delight when he was this darn cute.

“Ok be serious!” she announced with a chuckle, “Unless of course you fancy christening him ‘Baby Boy Holden’” she looked at him with smiling eyes.

He laughed back, “Alright, good point. So what did you come up with?”

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baby Boy Holden! That would be an original name! :wink: Wonder which name Martha is thinking about. :unsure:

They’d heard from one couple that their baby cried for barely 10 minutes a day … lucky bastards!

These parents were lucky! I think that's every parent's dream! :P

“Yep, he’s certainly a stunner” he agreed. “He’s definitely going to turn a few heads when he’s older; much like his dad did” he said smugly, giving her a wink.

I bet many girls will be head over heels with him. :wink::wub:

More please.

That was cute, :wub: and i can't believe you're getting sick of it :( i'm certantly not!

i can;t wait to see what they call Baby Boy Holdon :wub:

but i think my parent were the luckiest, it took me about two days and then i slept through the night :P:lol:

hope your not too sick of this to update :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived