I'll Never Give Up!

Guest Channy!!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHAPTER 10

It had been a week since Jack had moved into Martha’s apartment; they hadn’t fought once they were getting along like a house on fire. Jack was slowly beginning to be able to put weight on his leg and Martha was helping him with his exercises.

Martha rested her hand on Jack’s as he used his crutches they reached the lockers and gave each other a quick kiss before separating for a few minutes to grab their books for their next class, anyone who saw them could tell that they were in love.

On the noticeboard near the door to their English classroom was a sign, Year 11 semi-formal Friday night, 6-10:30pm. Martha looked at Jack with wide eyes.

“Let me guess you want to go.” Jack said

“How did you know?”

“Oh I dunno the way you looked at me was kind of giveaway hunny.” Jack laughed

“I used to love those kinds of things, how exciting we get to dress up and dance.” It was obvious that Martha was excited.

“OH yay!” Jack was sarcastic.

Martha looked at him with a ‘don’t make fun of me’ expression.

“Nah babe if you are really excited to go I’ll be glad to take you.” Jack sucked up “Just sucks I won’t be able to dance because of my leg.”

“You never know if we keep exercising it etc. You might be able to at least slow dance.” Martha tried to stay positive.

“Yea true, so when are we going to go shopping?” Jack asked

“I can’t believe you just asked me when we are going shopping, you’re such a girl Jack.” Martha poked fun of him.

“Well fine we won’t go shopping you can wear your jeans and shirt for all I care.” Jack answered pretending to be mad.

“I’m sorry babe, we could go tomorrow after school” Martha suggested

“Ok, good idea.” Jack gave Martha a kiss and then they headed into their English classroom.

Martha tried on dress after dress but still couldn’t find the perfect one; it was beginning to aggravate her. She had banned Jack from seeing her in her formal dress before the night so she was going to pick her dress by herself and then help him pick his suit so that they matched.

Martha looked at herself in the mirror she had finally found a dress she really liked, it was a blue strap dress, and the hem came above her right knee and went to the ground on the left side. She span around in it admiring the way the silk clung to her figure, she knew that this was the dress she wanted.

The sale assistant hung the dress in its bag and Martha carried it out of the shop she sat on the seat outside and msged Jack to tell him she was ready to help him choose his suit.

Martha admired the Dark pinstriped suit and the blue tie on Jack; he looked so handsome in it.

“So do you like this one?” Jack asked he was getting frustrated at the amount of suits he’d had to try on.

“Yes I think that’s the one.” Martha replied as she fixed his tie.

“So I can buy it?”

“Yes you can buy it babe.” Martha approved.

“Thank god” Jack was relieved that the shopping was finally nearly over, they had been in the shop for hours.

“Thanks for bearing with me, while I chose my dress and trying on heaps of suits for me, I want the night to be great” Martha explained her obsessive shopping to Jack.

“Its ok sweetie I want the night to perfect for you.” He looked down at Martha she was the most amazing girl he had ever met.

Jack’s phone rang as he sat at the kitchen table, it was Martha’s turn to cook them tea.

“Hello, oh hey dad. Yea ok I’ll come over, I’ll be there soon.” Jack hung up the phone. “It was dad he said that he just checked the mail and there’s a letter there that I will probably won’t to open straight away.” Jack explained to Martha.

“OH ok, well dinner won’t be ready for half an hour so go get it and I’ll see you then.” Martha replied.

“Ok see you hunny” Jack gave Martha a hug and kiss goodbye.

Jack looked at the envelope for the hundredth time since he’d got it from his father. He once again contemplated opening it, before deciding he couldn’t do it.

“Just open it babe.” Martha said again, hoping this time Jack would do it. They sat on the couch in Martha’s apartment Martha lay with her head in Jack’s lap.

“My whole future is in this envelope, I can’t JUST open in.” Jack replied

He re-read the label West Tigers Rugby League.

“‘All I have ever wanted to do was play footy for the west tigers, if this says I failed to get a scholarship with their reserve grade then my footy career is over.” Jack whispered more to himself than to Martha.

“You can’t just not open it though and the longer you wait the worse you will feel.”

“Well I can’t do it.” Jack stated, he handed the envelope to Martha “Will you do it for me?” He asked.

Martha looked at Jack she could tell that this was a HUGE deal for him. “Ok I’ll read it to you.” Martha answered, she ran her finger nail along the envelopes lip and pulled it back, removing the letter and unfolding it she read it out loud,

“The West Tigers Rugby League Club is pleased to announce that you’re application for a football scholarship is in consideration. Due to recent injuries you have sustained it would be highly appreciated if you would attend the summer football camp, which is held each year for the new rookie players. At this camp the clubs physical therapists will work on your knee until you are in suitable playing condition and then it will be decided if you will be accepted into our scholarship program. Please inform us of your decision as soon as possible the camp starts on the 1st of December and goes until the 31st of January.

Yours sincerely,

Paul Crowe

Manager of WTRLC”

Martha’s face lit up as she looked at Jack, “you made it into their camp!” She exclaimed excitedly, Jack looked shocked.

“Omgish I got in” He said softly as if taking it in. “I GOT IN!” He shouted. They sat there in silence for a few seconds each taking in the contents of the letter.

“Hang on,” Jack stated

“What?” Martha asked she noticed the worry in Jack’s voice.

“The first of December is next Monday.” Jack looked shocked

“omgish it is” Martha replied “You are leaving next Monday” Martha said in disbelieve she couldn’t hide the tiny bit of pain in her voice that came from the fact that she realised that Jack was going to leave her next week.

“I won’t go” Jack stated looking at Martha who was obviously upset. Martha looked Jack in the eyes, she remembered how excited he was a few minutes ago, she couldn’t let him give up his dream.

“No you have to go” Martha said convincingly “it’s your dream Jack, you have to live your dream otherwise you are going to spend the rest of your life wondering what if?”

“But I don’t want to leave you” Jack said

“I don’t really want you to leave me either, but there is no other option you can’t stay Jack, I won’t let you give up your dream for me.” Martha stayed strong she knew she had to convince him to leave otherwise he’d regret it.

Jack looked Martha directly in the eyes, “I love you Martha” he said.

“I love you too Jack, but you have to do this.” She answered

“I know” Jack whispered and leant in and captured her lips softly in his, ‘I’ll never find a girl more perfect than Martha’ he thought to himself.

Preview: The semi-formal a night to remember and Jack says goodbye to Martha and the Bay as he heads out into the world alone.

Why do (most) boys always have to complain when they go shopping with girls? :rolleyes:

The semi-formal sounds like fun. :)

Yay Jack made it into the camp. :) But he's going to leave Martha, that's bad. If he is not with her, she's going to fall back, isn't she? <_<

Please update soon.

Yay, Jack got in! But that means he’s leaving :(

Martha is so understanding that she allows him to follow his dreams, even though it means him leaving her :(

Hope the semi-formal night goes well :wink: It will hopefully be special and a way for Martha to get a good memory after Jack :-)

Please don’t let Martha get involved with Aden again. He can just butt out of it <_< He’s not allowed to tear Martha apart! :angry:

More please!

Thanks for the comment here's the an update!

WARNING CONTENT WILL NOT BE SUITABLE FOR YOUNG READERS!

CHAPTER 11

Martha looked at herself in the mirror in the bathroom of her apartment, well I think that’s as good as I’m going to get. Her hair was half up half down but it was held in place with a sparkling diamonte headband that went with her sparkling necklace and earrings. ‘I hope Jack likes me’ Martha thought to herself worried that Jack wouldn’t like her dress.

Jack stood in the bedroom looking in the mirror he fiddled with his tie making sure it was straight. The packed bags sitting on the bed behind him caught his eye in the mirror and he decided it would be best to put them somewhere where Martha couldn’t see, the fact he was leaving tomorrow night shouldn’t have to be brought up and spoil the night, he wanted it to be perfect for her.

“Ok Jack close your eyes” Martha called out from the bathroom; she took one more look at herself in the mirror. “Are they closed?” She yelled out.

Jack closed his eyes. “Yea babe they are closed.” He shouted back.

“Ok I’m coming out” Martha opened the bathroom door and walked into the bedroom, she smiled at Jack who looked extremely handsome in his suit with his eyes closed. “OK you can open them.”

Jack opened his eyes and his jaw dropped, she looked stunning, he was literally speechless.

“So what do you think?” Martha asked.

Jack was still too amazed by how beautiful she was to say anything.

“You don’t like it do you, we don’t have to go if you don’t like it” Martha was worried because he wasn’t talking.

Jack gathered himself together, “No you look beautiful, hell you look more than beautiful you look stunning.” He said as he walked up to her and wrapped his arms around her waist feeling the soft silk of her dress he gave her a kiss. Martha wrapped her arms around Jack’s neck, god she was going to miss him, the fact he was leaving just wouldn’t leave her mind.

Jack walked arm and arm with Martha out the door of their apartment; he locked the door behind him.

“Hey I got to make a phone call give me 10 seconds” Jack said to Martha he limped down the stairs and into the Diner.

‘Bring bring’

“Hey can you bring it out the front of the Diner we are ready to leave” Jack said, he then hung up the phone and walked out, he was just in time to watch his gorgeous girlfriend walk down the stairs from the apartment.

He walked to the end of the stairs holding out his arm which Martha took that’s when she heard a clip clop sound of shod hoof beats, and a carriage came a horse drawn carriage came around the corner.

“OMGISH WOW!” Martha exclaimed.

“It’s for you my lady.” Jack said to Martha he smiled at Martha’s look of amazement.

“Thank you so much Jack its amazing” Martha replied she leant up and gave Jack a kiss.

“So how is your plan going?” Kym whispered to Jack, they were at the formal and they had gone to get drinks as Martha and Tasha danced on the floor.

“Great everything has gone perfectly so far.” Jack replied. “Leah is going to decorate the apartment while we are here.”

“Ok, well good luck.” Kym answered, he raised his eyebrows.

“Thanks”

Jack and Kym headed back to the girls carrying the drinks.

“Doesn’t Jack look sexy in a suit?” Martha asked Tasha

“Yea he does what about Kym he doesn’t scrub up too bad either.” Tasha said as she played with Kym’s collar.

“C’mon guys let’s dance.” Martha said as she grabbed Jack’s hand and led him to the dance floor slowly so that he wouldn’t hurt his knee.

Martha and Jack slowed danced, Martha had her arms wrapped around Jack’s neck and she ran her fingers through his hair.

WON’T GO HOME WITHOUT YOU

I asked her to stay but she wouldn't listen

She left before I had the chance to say

Oh

The words that would mend the things that were broken

But now it's far too late, she's gone away

Every night you cry yourself to sleep

Thinking: "Why does this happen to me?

Why does every moment have to be so hard?"

Hard to believe that

It's not over tonight

Just give me one more chance to make it right

I may not make it through the night

I won't go home without you

The taste of her breath, I'll never get over

The noises that she made kept me awake

Oh

The weight of things that remain unspoken

Built up so much it crushed us everyday

Every night you cry yourself to sleep

Thinking: "Why does this happen to me?

Why does every moment have to be so hard?"

Hard to believe that

It's not over tonight

It's not over tonight

Of all the things I felt but never really shown

Perhaps the worst is that I ever let you go

I should not ever let you go, oh oh oh

It's not over tonight

It's not over tonight

And I won't go home without you

“This song is sad” Martha stated as she listened to the song they were dancing to

“Yea it is, sad but good, the guy obviously loves the girl” Jack replied

“True” Martha replied

“I love you” Jack whispered

“I love you too” Martha whispered back before their lips collided.

The formal night was coming to an end; Martha sat on Jack’s lap kissing him.

“Let’s go home” Martha replied

“Ok” Jack said

Martha got up off his lap and holding Jack’s hand she led him out of the hall. They soon found a taxi and they climbed in together and continued to kiss on the backseat.

Jack walked up the stairs of the apartment followed by Martha who wrapped her arms around his waist as she walked up slowly behind him.

Jack turned the key in the lock slowly, he let Martha walk close to the door and put his hand on her back so that she walked inside first. For the second time that night Martha’s was amazed at what she saw. There were candles and rose petals everywhere, the room was dimly lit and smelt of lavender insense.

“WOW!” She exclaimed

As she walked through the apartment with Jack following her, her face got even more shocked when saw the table it had melted chocolate and strawberry’s on it.

“Oh Jack you shouldn’t have.” She turned to him.

“I wanted this night to be perfect.” He replied he was glad that Martha liked it. “Here have a strawberry” Jack picked up a strawberry dipped it in the chocolate, Martha opened her mouth and Jack placed it in.

“Mhmmm” She said with delight it was amazing.

“Here” Martha did the same thing for Jack.

“Mhmm” It is Jack agreed.

“You know what is even more amazing?” Martha asked.

Jack still had strawberry and chocolate in his mouth so he shrugged his shoulders.

“This” Martha wrapped her arms around Jack’s neck and kissed him, she stuck her tongue lightly into his mouth tasting the chocolate strawberry which was in there. Jack kissed her back softly but the kiss soon got harder and faster they both knew what they wanted.

Martha pulled away grabbing Jack’s hand and leading him towards the bedroom, she pushed the door open and stopped on the spot. The bed was laden with silk sheets and white, pink and red rose petals.

“wow” Martha whispered before turning to Jack, she reached for the hem of his shirt lifting it slowly, Jack helped Martha pull it over his head. She then unzipped her dress which she stepped out of.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Jack asked.

“yes, I’ve never been more sure ever.” Martha answered.

Jack wrapped his arms around Martha, who walked slowly back towards the bed, Jack lowered her softly onto the bed, laying himself gently on top of her. Martha ran her hands down his bare muscled stomach; she reached his belt which she unbuckled. Jack continued to kiss Martha as he helped her undo his belt; throwing it aside he pulled of his pants. He kissed down Martha’s neck softly sending chills up her spine, he continued down her stomach running his tongue over her belly button he reached her panties which he pulled down. Martha felt the cold air feeling a little exposed but still comfortable, she ran her hands over Jack’s boxers she pulled them down. Jack lay on top of her, she spread her legs slightly feeling him slide inside, feeling sheer pleasure run through their bodies.

Morning dawned Jack and Martha lay on the bed their naked flesh entangled, Martha was first to wake. She looked down at Jack’s sleeping face, he was so peaceful, she wished she could wake up to him every morning.

Jack felt that he was being watched, he opened his eyes slowly and was met with Martha’s familiar blue eyes. He smiled before leaning up and brushing her lips with his.

“Good morning” He whispered.

“Yes it is a great morning.” She whispered back.

She straddled him; leaning over him she began kissing him, capturing his lips with hers.

“Do you know what will make this morning better?” Martha asked.

“No what?” Jack said through fast breaths.

Martha raised her eyebrows and began kissing him passionately, and once again they made love.

Jack woke up he gazed at the sleeping angel next to him before he glanced at the clock. 12:03pm ‘OMGISH’ he thought he was meant to be in the city at 3:30pm and it was a 2 and half hour drive to the city.

“Beautiful” Jack whispered caressing the side of her face with his hand.

Martha opened her eyes smiling as her gaze met Jack’s.

“I’ve got to get up and begin to get ready to leave I’m sorry.” Jack said his voice was sad.

“Oh” Martha’s face fell, over the last amazing night she had forgotten that Jack was leaving today “Ok” she answered with a nod.

Jack and Martha stood with their hands linked on the beach, they stared into each other’s eyes.

“So Leah is taking you to the airport, now” Martha said.

“Yea.” Jack replied

“I’m going to...” Martha started

“Don’t” Jack cut in, Martha looked confused “Don’t say goodbye Martha this is not goodbye.” Jack replied

“So what is this?” Martha asked

“A, I’ll see you later.” Jack answered. Martha didn’t say anything just looked him in the eye, a tear ran down her cheek. Jack wiped the tear away.

“I love you Martha and when the camp is over in a few months I’ll come back to you.” Jack promised. “I’ll never give up remember.”

“I love you too” Martha whispered.

Martha and Jack’s lips met and for those few seconds time stood still for Jack and Martha.

Preview: Jack has left the bay, how is Martha going to deal with loosing another person she loves?

Archived