I'll Never Give Up!

Guest Channy!!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an update :)

CHAPTER 8

Jack lay on his bed watching the replay of the semi-final for the hundredth time; Martha carried a tray with a cake and some coffee into him.

“The tape is going to wear out if you watch again.” Martha said to Jack who had barely been out of his room in days.

“I’m just taking note of any mistakes I made.” Jack said blankly before rewinding the tape a little and watching a certain pass.

“You see, I should have thrown that to Kym not to Ric.” Jack stated

“I know this is hard for you to be sidelined but with any luck you’ll be able to play on Friday.” Martha stayed positive.

“Yea right Rachel just didn’t want to crush my dreams so she said it to make me feel like there was a chance. The scouts are going to be at the game on Friday and I’m not going to be playing.” Jack said angrily.

“I doubt Rachel would have said it just because she wanted to keep your dream alive, she’s a doctor she has to tell the truth.” Martha tried to convince Jack.

“huff, I hope you are right. This is my dream Martha, winning the grand final and getting a college scholarship.” Jack stated he took Martha’s hand and pulled her onto the bed next to him, they sat snuggled together as Jack once again watched the footy tape.

Jack sat in the hospital waiting room waiting for his Thursday check up, to see if he was cleared to play. Martha sat next to him holding his hand, she looked up into his handsome face he was so worried; she prayed that the news would be good.

“Jack Holden, Dr Armstrong will see you now.” The nurse said.

Jack stood up, Martha put her arm around him and together they walked into the Dr’s room followed by Tony who also looked worried.

“So let’s have a look at your knee.” Rachel said, Jack rested his knee where Rachel could check it over. “It looks almost all healed, how does it feel?” She asked.

“It’s been pretty good, do you think I can play?” Jack said excitedly

“Well if you keep it steady today and strap it tomorrow night you should be ok, just take it easy out there.” Rachel directed

“Yea I will.” Jack lied, he was going to play the hardest he had ever played he needed those scouts to notice him.

“You are alright to play, that’s great.” Martha exclaimed to Jack

“Yea babe it is.” He leant down and gave Martha a quick kiss; he was so relieved his dreams were still intact.

Martha waited outside Jack’s locker room; they had planned to meet up a few minutes before the game, so she could give him a good luck kiss. Jack ran out of the change rooms dressed in his no. 6 Summer Bay footy jersey.

“Oh baby you look hot.” Martha exclaimed.

“Thanks, so do you.” Jack took Martha in his arms and span around with her. “I’ve waited forever for this opportunity.” He smiled and looked down into Martha’s beautiful face. He leant in and their lips touched the electricity flew through their bodies like always. After 10 seconds or so they drew apart, still staring into each others eyes.

“Good luck, go get em’ tiger.” Martha said as she let Jack go and watched him head back into the rooms for his last minute preparation. Martha couldn’t wipe the smile off her face as she walked away towards Tasha in the grand stand; she couldn’t believe how much her life had changed since meeting Jack.

The crowd went wild, it was five minutes from half time and the home team were up 24 points, Martha and Tasha cheered as loudly as everyone.

“I can’t believe they are playing great, Jack’s dream is going to come true.” Martha exclaimed, Jack had scored 4 of the 6 tries and converted all 6.

Jack made a break,Kym ran on his left side Jack was just about to pass the ball when crash he was tackled. All the players bar Jack stood up quickly from the tackle Jack lay in a ball on the ground clutching his recently healed knee. The trainers and medics ran towards him, Jack did not stand.

“OH NO!” Martha exclaimed as she stood on her feet trying to see what was happening over the people in front of her.

They carried Jack off the field and down into the training rooms where the paramedics had a look at Jack’s knee, they both looked sullen they loaded Jack into an ambulance and drove off towards the hospital.

Martha walked briskly through the double doors into the emergency room, she walked up to the counter.

“Excuse me; do you know where Jack Holden is? He just got brought in with a knee injury.” She asked the receptionist

“Are you family?” The lady questioned

“Umm... I’m his girlfriend.” Martha replied it seemed a little strange but good saying that.

“Oh right Miss he’s through here.” Martha followed the lady into a ward to the left.

Jack looked pale and lonely; he gave a slight smile when Martha walked in though.

“Are you alright?” Martha asked as she stood at his bedside and took his hand.

“They’ve taken x-rays; they think it might be broken.” Jack answered

“Oh” Martha squeezed his hand and sat in the chair beside him.

The wait for the results seemed to take forever, there was a awkward silence that filled the air, Martha didn’t know what to say and Jack didn’t feel like talking.

Rachel soon walked in carrying the x-rays holding it up to the white light, she examined them.

“So?” Jack asked

“So. It looks like your knee has a slight fracture and the ligament damage you did last time has been worsened.” Rachel replied

“So I won’t be playing football in a while.” Jack stated

“No I’m sorry, it’ll take at least four weeks to heal Jack, you should be alright to walk on it in less than that though.” Jack’s face fell

“Well at least the season is over and I doubt I’ll get into the Rep. Team seeing I didn’t play out the whole game.” He said with disappointment.

“I’m sorry Jack.” Martha replied as she gave him a kiss on his hand that she was holding.

“It’s ok.” Jack replied

Preview: Jack’s on crutches and Tony wants to move again, will Jack leave the Bay?

Poor Jack :( The person who tackled him should pay big time! :angry:

No, Tony can't serioulsy be thinking of moving again! They only just got there :( And Jack is in love :wub:

Martha is being really supportive, so Jack can't leave, 'cause then Martha may fall back into old habits. And that would have been a shame :(

More please!

Thanks for the comments everyone here's an update.

CHAPTER 9

Martha carried Jack’s books as he hopped down the hallway at school.

“Great game on Saturday sorry about your leg” Someone yelled out as they went past

“See your still a hero to them” Martha said to Jack.

“We are lucky we had you for the first half if we didn’t we would of copped a flogging we only won but the skin of our teeth” Kym stated to Jack.

Jack just nodded his head. He really didn’t feel like talking about football and that was all anyone apart from Martha was talking about, how they won the grand final.

“So do you want to eat lunch at school today?” Martha asked Jack.

“Yea it’ll be easier than having to hop to the Diner.” Jack agreed.

“I figured, I packed us some nice sandwiches and cup cakes.” Martha said with a smile.

“Oh now who is the house wife.” Jack laughed.

“We are going to go to the Diner for lunch; we’ll see you next period.” Tasha said to Martha.

“Ok guys, catch yah.” Martha and Jack waved goodbye to their friends.

“So which sandwich to you want, chicken and salad or ham and salad?” Martha asked as she spread out their mini picnic lunch on the table they were sitting at.

“Ham please” Jack answered

“Oh yay I love chicken, good choice babe.” Martha replied.

The happy couple tucked into their lunch.

“Thanks for the ride.” Jack waved goodbye to one of his year 12 mates who had dropped him home. He hopped up the path to his house and fiddled with the keys trying to find the right one, he opened the front door. He was greeted with an all too familiar scene of boxes, Jack sighed his dad had began packing he knew what this meant. He hopped into his room throwing his bag on his bed, he didn’t want to leave not now he liked Summer Bay and he loved Martha. That was it he was going to Martha’s she might have a way out.

Jack huffed and puffed as he hopped up Martha’s stairs; he knocked on her door and waited patiently for her to answer.

“Jack!” Martha exclaimed at the sweaty Jack who stood tired on her doorstep. “What are you doing here? I thought your dad would drop you over later.”

“I couldn’t take it Martha, he’s doing it again.” Jack said as he hopped through the doorway and into Martha’s apartment.

“Who’s doing what?” Martha was confused.

“Dad, he’s begun packing up our stuff” Jack explained

“Oh no, you can’t leave the Bay Jack, you can’t” Martha said with alarm.

“I know, but what else can I do?” Jack said also worried.

“hmm..” It didn’t take long for the answer to come into Martha’s mind. “You can stay here, with me!” She said with excitement.

Jack looked a little shocked at Martha’s answer.

“Oh c’mon Jack, we’ve barely spent a night apart since we got together, I can’t imagine you not being around, stay here with me please.” Martha pleaded

Jack thought it over. “You know I would love to stay here with you.” He said

“Then stay” Martha cut in.

“Ok, I’ll stay, me refusing to leave with Dad just might wake him up and make him realise that leaving town is not the answer.” Jack convinced himself that he wasn’t abandoning his dad. “Thanks Martha for letting me stay.”

Jack leant over and kissed Martha who straddled his lap and gave him a good make-out session almost like she was trying to convince him that he was making the right decision.

For the second time that afternoon Jack hopped up his front path and opened the door, this time his father was home. Tony sat at the table with a heap of real estate brochures spread out across the table in front of him.

“Ok thanks bye.” Tony hung up the phone.

“Hey Jack, I’ve decided.” Tony began

“That we are going to move towns.” Jack completed his father’s sentence.

“yeap” Tony nodded

“Except WE aren’t going to move anywhere dad, I’m tired of running, I’m tired of getting settled into a new town making friends and then you deciding it’s time to leave again. I’m not doing it anymore.” Jack stated

“but...” Tony cut in

“No buts dad, it’s not fair on either of us, you just don’t realise it. You can leave if you want to, but the fact is I’m staying no matter what, Martha has said I can move into the apartment with her if you decide to leave.” Jack told Tony what he was doing, Tony stood shocked at what his son was saying.

“So you’re staying.” Tony said softly

“Yes dad I’m staying and it’d be great if you stayed too.” Jack replied

Tony thought about it for a second. “No son, I can’t stay it’s just... it’s just too complicated.” Tony stuck with his plan. “I’m sorry but when this house sells I’m leaving Summer Bay whether you are coming with me or not.”

Jack stood shocked that his father was still going to leave even if he stayed. He shook his head at Tony and hopped into his bedroom slamming the door closed behind him.

Jack looked around his room, he was going to miss it and he was going to miss his dad but there was no way he was moving to a new town. He was mad at his father for not even thinking about staying, I mean he was his son didn’t that matter to Tony.

‘Ehh’ he sighed with annoyance, before grabbing his footy bag and stuffing clothes into it, when it was practically full he put the picture of his mother on top. He called Martha.

“Hey sweetie, Dad said he is going to move anyway, I really don’t want to have to watch him pack up the stuff can I come stay at your house now?” He asked

“Yea sure, do you want me to ask Leah or someone to come pick you up?” Martha replied

“Yea thanks, I owe you.”

“Don’t be silly you don’t owe me anything except maybe a kiss.” Martha replied slyly before hanging up the phone. She headed down stairs to ask Leah if she would do her a favour and pick up Jack.

Jack and Martha sat next to each other on Martha’s bed playing the play station.

“Yes!” Martha said as her V8 car crossed the finish line before Jack’s. “I beat you again, who’s the better driver?” Martha teased

“I can’t believe I’m getting my but kicked by a girl.” Jack shook his head in mock embarrassment.

“Sorry babe, but you really suck at car racing.” Martha teased

“That’s it you are going to pay for that” Jack leant over and tackled Martha onto the bed being careful not to hurt his knee though. Jack lay on top of Martha their eyes locked and he leant in and kissed her. Martha ran her hands down his back as they kissed, she found the hem of his shirt and pulled it up, revealing his toned back she continued to lift it, Jack took his shirt off. Martha pulled at her shirt pulling it over head revealing her petite frame and black bra, she reached for Jack’s belt and attempted to undo it.

“Hey” Jack whispered through his heavy breaths, he really wanted her.

“what?” Martha asked

“Slow down babe.”

“Why, don’t you want to?”

“Oh I do, but not tonight not like this, I want to make our first time special, for it not to be just another night.” Jack explained.

Martha smiled up at Jack she ran her hand through his hair and down the side of his face.

“You’re so sweet and caring” She said “I love you.”

Jack paused for a second and thought before answering.

“I love you too.” He replied with a smile, he then cupped her lips in his and they continued to make out.

Preview: Jack and Martha are a happy couple, but all good things must come to an end.

Archived