The Credits: 1988 - 2000

Guest Cal

Home and Away have had many versions of opening credits.

The best credits, IMO, were the 1996 credits. They suited the show the best. There was none of this fancy stuff going on. :P I loved the big Home And Away sign at the end! Brings back the memories! :D

You can check the Home and Away credits on the main site, here! :)

Please do discuss!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have to say the 96 credits too. There are a few in between 1988 - 2000 that were probably as good as those, but I've always thought they were quite nice :P. I can't say i'm the biggest fan of the 'Home and Away' sign in the credits but it was okay I guess!

This is going a bit off topic but I found the sun cartoon thingy that came up in the 95 credits really creepy!!!!! :ph34r: I thought the shot where the guy jumps into the swimming pool, through the sun, a bit creepy as well! :lol:

My favourites are the ‘paint brush’ original style and the 96 style. The 96-99 version had a real surreal edge to them, were quirky, unique but still very much in keeping with the show. The originals were great because they were just nice and simple, lots and lots of beach shots and sunsets and they featured my favourite version of the theme tune.

The 1999 (possibly 1998) credits were my favourite; they were simple and showed the characters just being themselves. Although the earlier credits obviously acheived this also, the overall effect of these sets was lovely.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived