The Credits: 1988 - 2000

Guest Cal

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say, I like to see the names of the cast at the beginning. Because at the end, bloody Channel Five shrink the credits, so they can advertise some other programmes :angry: So now I haven't a clue who any of the actors are. Or, I wouldn't if I didn't visit BTTB.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the duet in the 1996-1999 credits and then the 2000-2004 credits with the band 'The Robertson Brothers' like the popish vibe. But my favourite will always be the duet with the man and women :D.

I absolutly HATE the punk/rock 2007 song that was horrible they thrushed the beautiful love song we all love. I cringed when it came on t.v :(

• 4 weeks later...

I liked the credits from 1996-1999 best, however they are very of their own time so I don't mind the changes that occurred following that.

I hated the 2000-2003 underwater credits. (The late 2003 were the best of a very bad bunch <_< ) I liked the 2004-2006 credits - they reminded me of the brilliant 2004 season. But they became tainted in my mind by the time we had reached the end of 06, with the new fast pace the show had developed.

• 2 months later...

From that era, it's definitely the 1996-99 credits. I didn't see much of the 96-99 ones actually on the air, as I only caught the odd episode of the show in those days, but they really were great. It seems both Neighbours and Home and Away had fantastic credits at that point, as Neighbours' 1997-8 credits are my favourite too. Both shows' credits went down hill a bit after that.

I think the 2004-06 credits get my overall vote though, by a small margin. I love the idea of them, and they're really well executed too. Just a shame they're let down a bit by the theme tune - I loved the 2000 theme, so I hated losing that.

• 4 months later...

Mine were a few, and in no particular order to begin with, here are the best credits:

1994 - I absolutely loved the design and layout. It was also the final year of the original theme, but the design really improved on the previous six year credits which did not appeal to me as they were old school/designed and dullish, however, you can't say no to the original theme song. 1994's opening credits were a winner, nice design, great song, and very memorable. The people seemed so happy then too eh.

1996 - As much as I loved the fact that 1995 added a new theme song, the design and layout hardly changed throughout the entire year and didn't exactly appeal to me. However with this new designed theme (same song as 1995), the same theme song was still there, and is my favorite of all the H &A themes (1995-1999). The cast of 1996 were the absolute greatest of all in H & A, and so were the credits, although perhaps not as good looking as late 1998 and 1999 but still, an incredible balance of the best cast, nice layout/design.

1998 - This is the later half of the year when Hayley, Will and Gypsy were added. The design was incredible and so was the shortened theme of the 1995 version. The cast were... well... pretty good. I only really cared for Travis, Rebecca, Joey, Chloe, and all those from '96, plus the original cast. What I really liked was the amazing design and shortened theme.

1999 - The same as the above '98, but without most of the likable, original cast. Still, I absolutely loved the design, layout and how the cast were showing their real expressions through their appearances in the credits.

2000 - Not as good as any of the previous above but I loved the new song, and still loved the late 90's cast by this time. The layout is fairly good with the underwater motion and many character frames per few seconds. Great one!

2004 - Nice, nice, nice. Perhaps my least favorite song out of the top credits of mine IMO, but great frames, design and cast.

Overall, that leads me to the best ever opening credits either being 1996 or the late version of 1998.

WORST credits:

2003 and 2007.

• 3 weeks later...

I loved the 96-99 credits and also the 95 ones. I remember when the new credits for 2000 were introduced and they took a bit of getting used to, they were so different, and I remember not really liking them at the time. But looking back, I think I'd rather have them than the one now...

Archived