Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Cal

The Credits: 1988 - 2000

Shame they chose such a busy day to film them - there's always someone walking in front of the camera.

That's another thing I liked! ^ Even the transitions were practical effects and the logo became this huge corporeal thing for the first (and only) time. When you look at the 'supposedly' visually superior (HA!) 2004-2009 titles in comparison.... again, questions are raised :P

1999 was a very underrated set of credits IMO - I liked the 'dream sequence' concept and I thought the darker lighting was a nice touch.

The CGI credits were AWESOME.... Definitely my favourite set. I liked the recap tune too - very catchy and in a strange way, sort of soothing!

I know it wasn't the done thing at the time but I think the Sally/Selina shot with the dingy in the background may have been done with a blue screen.

I know it wasn't the done thing at the time but I think the Sally/Selina shot with the dingy in the background may have been done with a blue screen.

Just wanted to say that I love your avatar. :) It's awesome

It's possible, but the camera is panning at quite a speed before coming to a slow stop, it would have been a real feat to get the green- screened footage to match seamlessly with a moving backdrop... and then you have to question why not just have a static camera like the other shots to save the trouble in the first place?. If I found out that shot was a blue screen thing, I'd become suspicious of the rest of them too! XD

If it was a chroma-key job then they did 10x better than they did in the 2004 titles, where it's completely obvious with the mismatch in lighting and colours. Ugh, hate those titles with a passion and that theme makes me feel nauseous just thinking about it.