Behind The Curtains - The Cameras Are STILL Off

Guest ilovekateritchie

Thanks for the feedback! Here is a teaser:

Jodi nods.

“I think so yeah…

Tasha climbs onto the bed and grins.

“I have a surprise for you.”

“Oh goody.”

Hey Noah!” Jodi grins when she spots the little boy running towards her, lifting him up in her arms.

“Did you sleep well?”

He shakes his head darkly, looking extremely vulnerable and sad.

“I had a dream that you were leaving Jo! You’re not leaving, are you?”

Paul sighs.

“Do you think this isn’t hard on me too? I don’t want to hurt Jodi. I love her more than anything. But I’m not going to deny what I feel for you.”

Kate looks at Paul seriously.

What is Tasha's surprise for Jodi?

And what will Kate tell Paul?

Much later on in the fic - which cast member faces death and whose evil ex makes a reappearance?

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

evil ex :lol: love it. Probably Chris's, or Nic's. Im sure Clare is bound to make a reappearance with the custody battle and all.

Jodi gets to adopt Noah -pleading eyes-

Paul and Kate can go die for all i care

Thanks for the feedback! Here you go!

PART 9

“Morning!”

Jodi groans when she hears Tasha’s cheerful voice.

“What time is it?”

“After eight! You slept like a baby! Did Noah wear you out?”

Jodi nods and smiles.

“He’s precious! I just want to protect him! Is that weird?”

Tasha smiles.

“Not at all. He has that effect on people. Maybe because he’s been through so much.”

Jodi nods.

“I think so yeah…

Tasha climbs onto the bed and grins.

“I have a surprise for you.”

“Oh goody.”

Tasha laughs.

“Sound a little more excited, why don’t you? You can get a visitor tomorrow.”

Jodi’s eyes lighten up.

“Are you serious?”

“Yep! So you can just give me a number and I’ll call whoever you want to see!”

“My husband, of course!”

Tasha grins.

“I thought so! I’ll call him tonight!”

Jodi grins, pulling the younger girl in for a hug.

“Thank you so much! This is great news! I can’t wait to see him… I want to ask him something… it’s important!”

“Hello, Mandy? This is Kate Ritchie. I need to talk to you, can we arrange a meeting?”

Kate bites her lip anxiously, waiting for Mandy’s answer.

“Fine. I’ll come to your place.”

“Great. When suits you?”

“How about now?”

“I can’t, I have to go to a Palm Beach signing in half an hour… Tomorrow?”

“Okay. Around five?”

“Suits me.”

”See you then.”

Kate puts the phone down and looks at Chris seriously.

“Done… Tomorrow at five. Here.”

Chris stands up and puts his arms around Kate.

“Are you sure you know what you’re doing?”

Kate lifts her hand to stroke his cheek lovingly.

“I know it’s a long shot. But I have to try. For us.”

“Hey Noah!” Jodi grins when she spots the little boy running towards her, lifting him up in her arms.

“Did you sleep well?”

He shakes his head darkly, looking extremely vulnerable and sad.

“I had a dream that you were leaving Jo! You’re not leaving, are you?”

Jodi shakes her head, hugging him tightly.

“No, sweetheart. I’m not leaving.” Well not yet anyway…

Jodi closes her eyes, holding Noah close.

How unfair is life? Here is the sweetest kid any person could ever want to have… facing life without a family…

“Oh great.”

Chris frowns when he sees Paul, already sitting down at a table, and he instinctively holds Kate’s hand tighter. They sit down next to each other – Kate sitting between Chris and Paul. Paul looks at her silently, but she chooses to ignore him and looks at the girl in front of her.

“Hi! Thanks for coming! What’s your name?”

After a while of signing, it’s time for the cast to take a break and Kate immediately walks to her van. When she reaches it, however, Paul is already standing there. Upon spotting him, she immediately flees, Paul closely behind her.

“Kate! Kate, wait, just talk to me please!”

He grabs her arm, pulling her around the corner and looks at her seriously.

“Kate, we have to talk about what’s between us.”

Kate looks up at him, frowning.

“I keep talking, Paul. But you’re not listening. There is nothing between us! I love Chris!”

“But…”

“No buts! Think about Jodi for a second! This would ruin her, Paul. I’m supposed to be her friend. A good friend doesn’t kiss her friend’s husband and she certainly doesn’t pursue a relationship with him. This is crazy!”

Paul sighs.

“Do you think this isn’t hard on me too? I don’t want to hurt Jodi. I love her more than anything. But I’m not going to deny what I feel for you.”

Kate looks at Paul seriously.

“Listen to yourself Paul! You love Jodi more than anything, but you still want to get with me whenever the urge is there. Do you know what that makes me sound like?”

“I didn’t mean to offend you, Kate.”

Kate shakes her head sadly.

“Paul, your wife needs you more than anything right now. Sort things out with her. And I think that you should keep away from me… at least until you know that what you’re feeling for me isn’t real.”

She walks off and Paul turns around, bumping into a pretty teenaged girl whose eyes are wide in shock.

“She walks off and Paul turns around, bumping into a pretty teenaged girl whose eyes are wide in shock.

:o

I bet its Becky :P

Shes come to tell Paul that he can visit Jodz!!!!!!!!

How cute is Noah he loves Jodi!!!!!!!!

Good girl Kate :D

Paul :angry:

Update soon

xxxxxx

Thanks for the feedback. Next part is up!

Part 10

Paul bites his lip nervously.

“I take it you heard that.”

The girl nods and Paul closes his eyes for a second.

“Okay, what do you want?”

“I’m sorry?”

He looks at her anxiously.

“How much? How much money do you want for not telling anyone?”

The girl shakes her head.

“Come with me.”

He walks with her and they sit down on the beach next to each other. She looks at him silently for a long time.

“I’m Sam.”

“Paul.”

“I know.”

“Right…”

Sam looks at Paul seriously.

“So you and Kate? Does Jodi know?”

Paul sighs.

“I’m not cheating… Kate and I were both drunk and we kissed. That’s all.”

“But you have feelings for her?”

Paul sighs, looking at the ocean silently.

“I don’t know. Kate and I… we’ve always been extremely close. But I’ve never thought of her… like that. Then we kissed. Now… I dream about her sometimes… And it scares me. Chris doesn’t deserve her.”

Sam looks at Paul with lifted eyebrows.

“And do you think you deserve her? Or Jodi?”

Paul sighs.

“No. I don’t.”

“Look, it’s none of my business… but I did overhear and I am talking to you right now. So here goes – you and Jodi are married. So I guess you love each other. Take Kate’s advice – sort things out with your wife. If you go on like this… There are four people who can get hurt here. Not one or two.”

“But how can I stop thinking about Kate? I can’t tell my heart or mind what to do…”

“That’s true, you can’t. And Kate is a beautiful woman… guys fantasize, I know that. But next time you start thinking about her, take a look at your wife. She loves you and you love her. Nothing beats that.”

Paul smiles at Sam.

“You know what… you’re right. I can do this. Should I… should I tell Jodi about the kiss?”

Sam holds her hands up in the air.

“Don’t ask me! That’s something you need to decide for yourself. Can’t help there. Sorry.”

Paul looks up when Kate sits down next to him.

“Sorry for running off earlier…”

“It’s okay.”

Kate shakes her head sadly.

“This is such a mess.”

“Yeah, you’re telling me.”

She reaches out, taking his hand.

“I haven’t been honest with you Paul. The reason why I got so angry earlier… when you said that you love Jodi, but you feel something for me too… I feel exactly the same.”

They look at each other silently.

“I don’t want to hurt Chris. Or Jodi. I’m so scared of what’s happening between us.”

Paul sighs, pulling her closer. For one second, he rests his lips against her forehead.

“So am I… I guess we have to ignore it.”

“We do. We really do.”

They look at each other silently, their faces drawing nearer. Paul pushes her down on the beach, falling down on top of her, their lips meeting, tongues duelling. In what they know would be their last kiss.

“Tasha!”

Tasha turns around when Jodi calls her.

“Yeah?”

“I was wondering… when you call Paul… could you ask him if Kate and Chris could come to? I want Noah to meet them.”

Tasha nods.

“Sure. I’ll ask him.”

“Thank you.”

Jodi looks at Tasha seriously.

“You’re a good person, Tasha. Thank you. For doing this for me.”

“It’s a pleasure, honestly.”

They look at each other seriously for a while and then Tasha’s face breaks into a smile.

“Besides, maybe one day you’ll return the favour.”

“Maybe I will.”

She reaches out, taking his hand.

“I haven’t been honest with you Paul. The reason why I got so angry earlier… when you said that you love Jodi, but you feel something for me too… I feel exactly the same.”

They look at each other silently.

“I don’t want to hurt Chris. Or Jodi. I’m so scared of what’s happening between us.”

Paul sighs, pulling her closer. For one second, he rests his lips against her forehead.

“So am I… I guess we have to ignore it.”

“We do. We really do.”

They look at each other silently, their faces drawing nearer. Paul pushes her down on the beach, falling down on top of her, their lips meeting, tongues duelling. In what they know would be their last kiss.

:D

Last kiss!? Pfft, yeah right :P

No matter how much they try to deny it and push their feelings away, itl only end up building into something more!

Great chapter, Sam gave some pretty great advice there aswell, pitty Paul didnt listen :lol:

More please :)

Archived