Behind The Curtains - The Cameras Are STILL Off

Guest ilovekateritchie

And two.

PART 48

“You quit? A few days ago you were worried about money!”

Paul looks at Jodi in awe and she shrugs.

“I know. But we have two kids now and I want to be at home to spend time with them.”

“But what are we going to do about money, Jodi?”

“Look, we’ll manage. I’ll do some modelling again, I can do it over weekends and then we don’t have to send the kids to a crèche or something.”

“Yeah, but Jodz…”

“I’ve already done it, Paul. So it’s no use being angry now.”

“I’m not angry.”

“Then what are we even talking about?”

He rolls his eyes and shakes his head.

“Okay, fine. End of discussion then. Satisfied?”

“Yes, thank you. Oh, Kate… John wants you in there to discuss future storylines.”

“Okay… thanks, Jodz.”

Kate smiles before walking back to John’s office. He is sitting behind his desk, looking at her with lifted eyebrows.

“Kate.”

“Jodi said you wanted to see me.”

“Yes. Sit down.”

She sits down, looking at him curiously.

“So? What’s up?”

“Well since Sadrinna is being axed and Jodi quit, we need another golden couple. Since two of our golden couples are being broken up.”

“Go on…”

“I talked to the writers just after Jodi left and they agree with me.”

“On what?”

“We are going to write in some chemistry between Jack and Sally. We want to see how the viewers feel about them and then we want them to be together.”

Kate shakes her head.

“No… John, it’s… it won’t work, people still love Jack and Martha too much, you can’t put him with Sally!”

“I wasn’t asking you, Kate. I was telling you. So make sure that you increase the chemistry when you’re on screen with Paul. Thanks. That’s all.”

“John, please. Reconsider, I’m begging you…”

“Why would I do that?”

”John, Paul and I… have a history… I don’t want it to affect my relationship with Chris.”

“Then don’t let it. Thanks Kate. You can go.”

Mrs. Wakefield looks at Ming Hui sympathetically.

“Oh boy… she’s going to have that baby in the next few weeks…”

Rhys bites his lip.

“In my house?”

”Rhys!”

“Sorry! It’s just a little… disturbing. What are we going to do with her?”

“I don’t know! We should probably get her to a hospital… but… it doesn’t look like she wants the baby.”

Becky bites her lip.

“She’s still so young. She doesn’t look older than me… she might even be younger.”

Rhys nods, his eyes fixated on her face.

“She’s really pretty too. I wonder what drove her here.”

“You’re not the only one… I just wish she could talk more English…”

“Just say no!”

“Do you think I want this?”

“Well you don’t look like you mind much!”

“You’re the one who told me to keep my job here, Chris!”

“Not if it means pashing Paul every other day!”

“It’s not like I want that to happen, Chris! I tried to talk John out of it!”

“Well try harder!”

“What was I supposed to do, Chris? John already threatened to axe me once today! I begged him, but he’s not listening to me!”

Chris shakes his head.

“I’m not going to stand for this. You are not going to do this.”

“I don’t have a choice! Besides, it’s acting, Chris!”

“Is it really? Every time you kiss him, look into his eyes and tell him that you love him… will it really just be acting?”

“Would you stop being so insecure? I already told you that it’s just acting!”

She turns around, but he grabs her shoulder.

“Just like it was just acting with you and me?”

“That’s different…”

“Is it?”

“When Callan and I were married, it was just acting, Chris. I didn’t fall in love with you because of our characters being together and you know that. How can I make you understand that I’ll never fall in love with Paul? He’s with Jodi and I’m with you. That’s the way it is, and that’s the way I want it to be.”

“What about him? Are you sure he’s over you?”

“Of course I’m sure. Please Chris, don’t let your jealousy get the better of you.”

“So what, you’d be okay with it if I made out with Jodi?”

“If it was just acting, just work then yes, I’d be fine with it.”

“Right.”

“I love you. Not Paul! How many times do you want me to say that?”

Chris looks at her coolly.

“I don’t know. Maybe until you believe it.”

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else still read this? No offense, Becks! Just curious. Here's the next update anyway. :lol:

PART 49

“I can’t believe he’d think that.”

Paul shakes his head and puts his arm around Kate’s shoulders.

“Are you okay?”

She nods, looking at him with a heartbroken frown.

“What are we going to do, Paul? We both know that we’re okay with each other, that there aren’t feelings between us anymore… but how are we going to convince Chris and Jodi that it’s true?”

Paul sighs and shakes his head.

“I don’t know. Jodi also hit the roof when she heard. But what can we do? We both asked John to reconsider and he won’t. It’s not like we can quit now, Jodi and I have to kids to worry about. You and Chris have three…”

Kate sighs and puts her hand on her stomach.

“You’d better make that four.”

“What?”

“I’m pregnant.”

“Wow… congratulations!”

“Thanks… But… Paul, we need to do something!”

“Well… I guess if they don’t trust us then it’s their problem. There’s only so much that we can do to show them that we love them. It’s up to them to believe us or not.”

“I guess you’re right. It just kills me that Chris doesn’t trust me.”

“I know what you mean. It’s the same with Jodi. I thought our trust issues were gone, until I told her what they are planning to do with Jack and Sally. She hit the roof.”

“I wish John could just try to understand where we’re coming from.”

“Yeah, but Kate, he’s worried about the ratings. He needs this… we just have to make the best out of a sticky situation.”

Kate shakes her head sadly.

“I don’t know if that’s going to save us… Chris and I have been through so much in the last time… what if this is the last straw? I… I don’t think I can handle anything else going wrong for us.”

She wipes tears out of her eyes and Paul pulls her close, stroking over her hair.

“Hey… Chris loves you. He won’t let something like this destroy you… Come on, where’s your faith in him?”

“I just can’t go on like this anymore… He’s becoming so jealous and insecure. If he’s not upset about you, he feels threatened by Callan’s memory… I’m just tired of it.”

“Do you want me to talk to him?”

“No…”

She pulls away from him, wiping the tears off her face.

“It’ll only make matters worse.”

Jodi shakes her head angrily.

“I can’t believe they’re doing this. It’s so ridiculous.”

Chris nods in agreement.

“And it’s not like Kate and Paul are exactly jumping to stop them.”

“Yeah, they don’t mind. Of course not. I bet they’re the ones who had the idea.”

Chris frowns, looking at Jodi seriously.

“Do you think they still have feelings for each other?”

“I have no idea. Why?”

“It’s just… when Brent told Paul that he was going to marry Kate, Paul told him that he had good taste… and there was just something in his eyes… I don’t know if they really are over each other.”

Jodi bites on her lip.

“Yeah, now that you mention it… there is this weird bond between them… I wonder…”

“Yeah?”

“I wonder if they aren’t simply staying with us because of the kids… because if Paul and I split up, I’ll get the kids… and you’re like a father to Hayden, so maybe they’re using us…”

Chris sighs, rubbing his forehead sadly.

“I wish I knew what to think, Jodi.”

She rests her head against his shoulder, tears forming in her eyes.

“He tells me that he loves me… but… he cares about her as well… I’m just so scared of losing him.”

“I asked Kate to marry me.”

”You did? What did she say?”

“She said yes… but… if she loves me, why won’t she just talk to John?”

“I have no idea…”

Ada sighs, her hand resting on her stomach. She jumps when Nic sits down next to her.

“Hey Ada.”

“Hi, Nic.”

“How are you feeling?”

“I don’t know… I still can’t believe it… I don’t even know how to tell Chrys.”

Nic puts his arms around her shoulders, holding her close against his chest.

“Now you listen to me. You’re a good actress. You’ll get another job.”

”Yeah, but when?”

“Ada, you know we’ll help out if you have problems, right?”

Ada smiles, looking at her friend gratefully.

“Thanks Nic, but… Amy got axed as well and you guys already have Ava to take care of. We’ll manage.”

”Just promise me that you’ll tell me if you have problems.”

“I promise.”

Hey! Sorry Kyle, I did actually read the other chapters the other day but I never got round to commenting at the time. I can't believe all those people got axed! Especially Amy :(

And what is it with them all and babies?? There must be something in the water no? I hope Kate/Chris and Jodi/Paul are all good!

• 1 month later...

Does anyone else still read this? Just curious.

*Puts hands up and waves them about*

Yes I'm still reading this wonderful fic and I'm enjoying each chapter of it. I hope that you'll update soon as I'm also curious to see what you have install for all the characters.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived