Behind The Curtains - The Cameras Are STILL Off

Guest ilovekateritchie

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

awww...Jodi is great with kids :) Hopefully this will help her realise that she does want to adopt.

Great chapter :D

Jodi just shakes her head and Tasha takes Noah from Maria, holding him out to Jodi.

“Just give it a try.”

:lol:

Well thanks for the comments and here is Part 5.

Again - not for sensitive Podiacs.

PART 5

Maria looks at Jodi quietly.

“And that was it. He died a month later – he was two years old. And my husband kept blaming himself – no matter how much I told him that it was an accident. He kept going – if I just checked, if I just parked the car in the garage earlier… but it wasn’t his fault. He didn’t know that Billy was behind the car. He couldn’t do anything.”

Jodi puts her arm around Maria’s shoulder, her eyes full of tears.

“It must have been awful for you!”

Maria nods.

“After my husband killed himself… I decided that drinking was the only option I had left. And I did it. Within two months, I couldn’t go a day without alcohol – I drank for breakfast! Three months later I woke up in the street with no idea how I got there. It shocked me… and I started crying. I didn’t even know where I was. Then I saw a man walking towards me. It was Peter. A local minister. He sent me to rehab, helped me through everything… and I picked my life up again.”

Jodi nods slowly and Maria smiles at her.

“So. You want to tell me your story now?”

“Kate…”

Kate looks up when Paul opens her dressing room door. She smiles.

“Hey, Paul.”

He walks in and sits down next to her.

“Kate… I can’t stop thinking about you…”

Kate looks at Paul seriously and shakes her head.

“Paul, please… I love Chris. And you love Jodi. What happened was a mistake.”

Paul shakes his head.

“No, Kate! It wasn’t! Maybe it was supposed to happen!”

He grabs her arms, kissing her furiously but she pushes him away angrily.

“We were drunk, Paul! Drunk because we were hurting over the two people we love! We’re friends!”

Paul shakes his head.

“I saw Jodi today… I couldn’t look her in the eyes, Kate. Because I have feelings for you.”

Kate slowly walks backwards, her eyes wide in shock.

“No, Paul… you’re confused because you and Jodi are going through a tough time. What you’re feeling for me… it’s your imagination.”

“You kissed me back!”

“I thought you were Chris! I was drunk! Please don’t make more of this than it is, Paul!”

He looks at her with a hurt expression and she sighs.

“Paul, look. I love you to death. But like a brother. Nothing more, okay?”

“Okay.”

He sighs and walks out, his shoulders slumped. Kate looks at the space where he has just disappeared and touches her forehead.

“What a mess…”

“What’s wrong?”

Kate looks at Chris seriously when he enters her dressing room.

“We need to talk…”

“Nic, we have a meeting with the lawyer.”

Amy looks at Nic seriously and he looks up.

“Okay… you ready?”

“Of course.”

She bends down to kiss him tenderly.

”It’s going to be fine, Nic. Ava will come and stay with us, we just have to be positive.”

Nic nods, holding onto Amy’s hand.

“Thank you… And you’re right. We need to stay positive. And we will get custody of Ava. I know we will.”

Amy nods and squeezes his hand.

“Come on. We don’t want to be late for this.”

He nods and stands up.

They walk out, holding onto each other closely. Wondering whether they really have a chance…

“You and Paul kissed?”

Chris looks at Kate seriously and she nods, biting her lip.

“I’m so sorry Chris. We drank too much and… it just happened. I know it’s not an excuse, but… I didn’t even realize it was Paul. And he didn’t realize it was me.”

Chris nods slowly, staring out in front of him and Kate closes her eyes, struggling to hold back tears.

“I’m really sorry.”

Chris turns his head to look at her.

“Do you have feelings for him?”

“No.”

He nods and takes her hand, pulling her close.

“Look me in the eyes and tell me that I’m the only one you love.”

Kate cups his face with her hands and stares into his eyes deeply.

“You are the only one I love, Chris Sadrinna. Nothing will ever change that.”

Chris smiles, pulling her close. She puts her arms around his neck, her heart beating fast. Chris frowns.

“And Paul? Does he have feelings for you?”

Kate bites her lip nervously.

“Like I said, we were both drunk… he’s just confused…”

“He does, doesn’t he?”

Ok i hate Paul now. Jodi needs to meet someone better. I dont care who, just bring someone else better in for her, who will treat her like a princess and not just toss her aside when things get tough because she most definitely doesnt deserve that. Oh gosh, its a fic and im getting annoyed with it <_< I hate Paul (in this fic still love him in real life). I want someone to tell Jodi, and then i want her to slap Paul, because he deserves it.

Anyways, i hope Niccy gets Ava, Clare is a freak. Amy is so sweet. And im glad Chris didnt get angry at Kate, and my hate for her is slowly fading :)

More please

Im not going to accept confused. I still hate him, and i will hate Kate too, for kissing him back, but she doesnt have feelings for him, so i find it hard to hate her. Now i will shut up before i say something i might regret :P

Archived