Behind The Curtains - The Cameras Are STILL Off

Guest ilovekateritchie

Type of story: long fic!

Rating: A maybe some parts R...

Main Characters: I'm going to focus this part on Kate, Chris, Jodi, Paul, Amy and Nic.

Genre: Drama. Lots and lots of drama

Warnings: Might have some sexual content. And a lot of tears and anger.

Is Story being proof read: No

Summary: The second part of the first Behind the curtains, which can be found (New Link) here! if you feel like reading 100 chapters. If not - here's the high lights.

QUICK RECAP

Kate and Callan kissed at the Logies and started dating. They got married. When Kate was four months pregnant, Callan died of a heart attack. She gave birth to their son, Hayden, in a hostage situation. She's now dating Chris, but in the last part a girl named Mandy, claimed to be expecting his child.

Indi has some father issues that she needs to tell Rhys about.

Bobby and Jess were together, but they broke up when she saw him kissing Sharni. Jess and Mark are now together, as are Sharni and Ian.

Paul and Jodi got together (again) after a hostage situation in which he proposed. Jodi has POF. She can't have kids and she doesn't want to adopt. This puts a lot of strain on her marriage and she has turned to alcohol to help her cope.

In the last part, Ada and Chrys found a drunken Jodi on the street. Kate asked Chris to leave after Mandy dropped the bomb. He left with the promise to call her and they told each other that they love each other. Kate and Paul both drank too much and ended up snogging..

Nic asked Amy to marry him. Clare pitched up at the engagement party and threatened to make them miserable so they got married in front of the magistrate after work.

WARNING - NOT FOR SENSITIVE PODIACS!

Now that's done.. here you go!

PART 1

Paul pushes Kate up against the wall, his hand running up her leg. He runs his fingers through her hair, his tongue thrusting in and out her mouth.

"Hmmm… Chris…"

Paul pulls away from her at the sound of that name.

"Jodi?"

"Paul?"

"Kate?"

They look at each other for a few seconds, not knowing what to say… Kate closes her eyes and shakes her head.

"Tell me this did not just happen."

"It did…"

"Oops."

They look at each other guiltily.

"Kate, I'm so sorry…"

"So am I… let's just… pretend it never happened."

"Yeah…"

She looks at the ground for a few seconds.

"I'm just… going to bed. Goodnight."

"Night."

She practically runs out and Paul looks at Hayden, who is sleeping peacefully.

"I'm such an idiot, mate. A drunken idiot at the moment. I'm going to sleep this off. Sorry for kissing your mum."

"Did Kate throw you out?"

Chris looks up when he hears Mandy's voice next to him.

"Go away."

"You don't want me to."

"Yes I do."

"It's a free beach."

"Fine. Whatever."

She looks at him seriously.

"You know… my child needs a father."

"Prove that I'm the father and then we can talk."

Mandy shrugs.

"You are the father, Chris."

Chris shakes his head and looks at her, disgusted.

"I can't even remember that we…"

"We did."

"Oh."

Mandy lifts her head.

"I want you to marry me."

Chris looks at her as though she is crazy.

"What?"

"Yeah."

"I won't."

"Then I'll tell the cops you raped me. And I doubt that they are going to fall for the I-don't-remember story."

She stands up, smiling viciously.

"So say goodbye to your precious Kate. Think of how she'll feel when all this blows up in her pretty little face."

She walks off and Chris buries his face in his hands, his shoulders shaking as sobs rip through him.

"She's been going on like this for weeks now, Chrys. Drunk everyday… we have to do something."

"Yeah, but what?"

Ada shakes her head.

"I have no idea."

Chrys puts his arms around his wife and she sighs.

"Give her time… and maybe we should get her to talk to someone…"

"I think we should… A therapist perhaps… I don't think she's dealing with any of this yet…"

Chrys looks at his wife seriously.

"What worries me is how dependant she is becoming on alcohol. She stole your cooking wine for crying out loud. She's in a pub every night – she sneaks out like a naughty teenager… She's out of control, Ada."

Ada sighs.

"So… you think we should send her to rehab or something?"

Chrys looks down at his hands.

"A friend of mine told me about this program… it's for people who can't deal with their problems and are on the verge of becoming addicts… like Jodi. It's intensive – you talk to five people everyday for about a month. A child, two teenagers, an adult and an elder. Their different ages and circumstances give you another perspective on things."

"How does your friend know about this program?"

"His son volunteered."

Ada sighs.

"The only problem here is – Jodi is an actress. I don't want this to go to the papers…"

"And it won't. The people there all sign a confidentiality contract. Except for the kids, but it's not like they're going to blurt out Auntie Martha drinks too much."

Ada nods.

"Okay, so how do we get her to go?"

Chrys smiles.

"I might have an idea…"

"Okay, talk to me."

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i thought about it last night after i read chapt100, and i decided that i really hate Paul now. Gosh Kyle, you really got me hating him. Everytime i see a picture of him i cringe. Even though its a fic, i still hate him. Jodi deserves better. I want her to leave Paul, i keep writing Jack <_< but yeh, she better leave Paul. Even though he was drunk, Jodi has been getting drunk for a whole week and she never hooked up with anyone. She has class, well sort of, Paul, he is just a loser. Oh and i hate Kate as well.

Mandy is a loser. I want to know Chrys's plan :)

More please

Thanks for the comments. Jodi's been getting drunk more - Ada said every day for weeks now... And she's not addicted - yet. But she's on her way and they want to stop before it's too late.

TASHA! You can't hate Kate! Or Paul!

Here's the next part!

PART 2

Paul looks up when Kate walks into the living room.

“Hey.”

“Hey.”

She sits down next to him and they stare at the TV silently for a few minutes.

“Paul…”

“Kate…”

They look at each other and laugh. Kate shrugs.

“You go first.”

He shakes his head and pulls her close, kissing her fervently. Her arms swing around his neck and she tugs at his shirt… his jeans…

Paul moans softly, tracing her stomach with his tongue while pulling her top off…

Kate throws her legs around his lower body, pulling his head even closer. “Kate…”

He opens his eyes when a phone starts ringing shrilly and shakes his head.

“Oh man! I did not just dream that…”

He shudders and looks at the living room door.

“That was wrong on so many levels…”

He runs his fingers through his hair, still shaking his head, and heads off for a cold shower…

“What kind of resort?”

Jodi looks at Chrys and Ada suspiciously and Ada smiles.

“Oh you know… sort of like a spa…”

“For a month?”

“Yeah.”

“Fine, I’ll go. But at the sight of some therapist, I’m out of there.”

Chrys grins.

“Deal.”

Ada looks at her husband with a frown and then back at Jodi.

“We just want to help you, Jodi. You can’t go on like this.”

Jodi sighs.

“Fine. Whatever. But if I hate it there, I’m coming back and you can’t stop me.”

Ada sighs, her shoulders hanging.

“Okay, fine. But at least try, please? We’re just trying to help you…”

“So is this like rehab? Is that where you’re sending me?”

Chrys quickly shakes his head.

“No, not at all! It really is sort of like a spa… improve body and mind thing… Honestly, Jodz, it’s not rehab.”

Jodi nods.

“Good. Because I don’t need rehab.”

Chris looks at the ocean for a while longer.

“How can she do that?”

Kate… the best thing that’s ever happened to him. Was he going to lose all of that because of a stupid mistake?

Kate and Hayden… they’re his family. His life.

Chris looks at the ocean, his shoulders hanging.

“OUCH!”

Kate frowns when she hears a pain-filled scream coming out of the bathroom, and runs there without thinking twice. She opens the door to find Paul standing outside the shower, water dripping from his chest.

“Oh… Sorry… I heard… you saying ouch…”

She looks at his naked body and blushes. Paul looks down and quickly grabs a towel.

“Yeah… my foot got cut on something.”

“Oh? Let me take a look…”

“Okay… Let’s just… go to your room…”

He puts his arm around her shoulder, limping to her room and falls down on her bed. Kate kneels in front of him, carefully inspecting the cut on his foot.

“Eh… Let me just get… a band aid…”

She turns around, looking for a band aid in her drawer and returns with one. She carefully puts it on Paul’s foot and they look at each other silently. Paul moves his head closer, closing his eyes, but Kate pushes him away softly.

“Paul. We’re both going through a hard time in our relationships. But I love Chris. And you love Jodi. We shouldn’t do this.”

Paul nods and sighs.

“You’re right… we shouldn’t. I’m sorry.”

Kate looks at him seriously.

“So am I.”

“I should go… I’ll see you around.”

He leaves and Kate slumps back to the ground, her eyes closed

Archived