Home And Away: A Bigger Threat than Osama Bin Laden? :o

Guest Frankie

The thing is - she or the magazine probably want it to be controversial because it'll renew interest in the guide, so the chances are, letters or emails objecting to the poorly written and researched article is exactly what they want. lol Plus, apparently the same woman wrote an article like this about McLeod's. Maybe it caused controversy then so she considered it a sucess and decided to move on to target number 2. Well whatever, this woman's article doesn't even deserve a thread. But I can't really say anything since I'm contributing to it. :P

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is - she or the magazine probably want it to be controversial because it'll renew interest in the guide, so the chances are, letters or emails objecting to the poorly written and researched article is exactly what they want.

I think she wrote it tongue-in-cheek :P but I totally agree. Controversy sells. If she'd written something like "This is a strong, long-running series with a fair amount of good storylines..." half the readers wouldn't have bothered to carry on reading. The best way to grab someone's attention is to stir up emotion.

Anyway, reviews come down to one person's opinion, which may or may not be right. There is the infamous story of the Daily Mirror journalist who wrote that the UK soap Coronation Street was a load of rubbish and he'd give it two weeks. That was back circa 1960. Forty-seven years later Coronation Street is still going strong... :rolleyes:

She's probably eating her own words right now. HAA is the most Popular Drama, Amy Mathews Most Popular New Femal Talent, Kate Ritchie Silver Logie for most Popular Actress AND GOLD LOGIE!

Is HAA still crap, lady?

So watching three episodes out of 19 years is enough evidence to base that load of rubbish on? What a joke.

I would rather saw off my children's limbs than let them watch this offensive insult to even the biggest moron. And if you think that I'm being too hard, tune in.

Hate to be her kid. What kind of person would say that they would saw of their own child's limbs than watch the show?! Don't think i'll ever understand that comparison. <_<

^^I agree with you.

The whole Home and Away being a far bigger threat than Osama Bin Laden...wtf was she thinking???

I don't doubt her being a good journalist...if anything she must be a pretty good one...after all...that article of hers made it as far as this thread...what a response :lol: that doesn't mean i agree with what she wrote.

She must be a hardcore Neighbours fan...what other reasonable explanation can there be??? :D

I don't doubt her being a good journalist...if anything she must be a pretty good one...after all...that article of hers made it as far as this thread...what a response :lol: that doesn't mean i agree with what she wrote.

She must be a hardcore Neighbours fan...what other reasonable explanation can there be??? :D

IMO, the article made it as far as this thread because it is, quite frankly, a pile of crap and we're all having great fun pulling it apart and pointing out what a loony this woman is. :P Its crapiness is the reason it's good, if you get what I mean.

If Home and Away is a "bigger threat" than Osama Bin Laden, then a) it can't be a very big one 'cos Bin Laden's probably dead, and b) this woman's journalism in this article would come a close second in terms of destroying all the credible soap reviews out there.

Edit: Okay, credit where credit's due - it was rather, err, 'inspired', to compare the show to a terrorist - that's about the only way that anyone would be interested enough to read this pile of junk.

It is impossible for Home and Away to dumb down the viewers because anyone who watches this show must be brain dead already.

:huh:

Well then I am proudly brain-dead!

YOU'D THINK THAT 1.3 million Australians couldn't be wrong

One of the first signs of madness is thinking that you're the only sane person in the world...

The cast members' level of attractiveness is in inverse proportion to their acting ability

Yeah right. And that is why Kate Ritchie won two logies. Amy Matthews won a logie. Not to mention Jodi, Paul and Kate winning last year...

I don't know whether I should laugh or cry at this new level of pure patheticness...

Archived