Home And Away: A Bigger Threat than Osama Bin Laden? :o

Guest Frankie

She forgot to mention Dannii Minogue, Heath Ledger, Naomi Watts, Isla Fisher, Melissa George, Kate Ritchie...the list goes on and on. I was mad when I read that article too, she must be a sad old woman with little else to do. And Australians dont need H&A reviewed...they love it already!!

Also Julian MacMahon, Guy Pearce, Ryan Kwanton, Chris Egan..and a few more....

She came across as the worst kind of intellectual snob I thought. :(

She's obviously quite a bad journalist, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Home and Away fan. I've always thought that about "critics" who waffle on about something, making it sound like they have paid attention when actually they haven't. And picking out minor details to belittle with a failed attempt at dry humour. Inaccurate observations about the talents of the actors written in an obvious "making myself look intellectual by slagging off a soap" way. But really, by her own admission, she's only watched three episodes. So she's only making herself look amateurish by critiquing what she thinks the soap is, rather than actually watching it. Where was she when Sally was stabbed and the nation was on the end of their seats? Or during the stalker storyline that had viewers gripped for months, while Neighbours went from bad to worse?

As any visitors to my website know, I'm not opposed to critisising Home and Away, when it's actually based on truth, not on self indulgent tripe written by someone trying too hard to work her way up the ranks by being contraversial, but really just making herself look like a 12 year old on work experience.

We all criticize H&A on this board but we have the right too as we're fans and we nitpick at things like continuity or bad characters but we never launch a full on attack like this.!! Her short attention span must have dwaned after the intro as in 19 years I have never once heard the line "you and I together forever". She gives out about Irene's accent. Why? She is a true Aussie and I've always loved that about her.

As for the bad acting, admittedly some of the younger stars arent the best, but can this journo really say that she has never seen Kate Ritchie, Ray Meagher, Lynne McGranger or Cornelia Frances at their best? Was she not tempted, when the whole nation debated, to tune into see if Sally survived? Was she not tempted, even by the big prize money up for grabs to guess who killed Angie? And as other people said, what about the stalker story? Was she on the moon for that or just so far stuck up her own arse that she wasnt aware of what was going on around her??!!!

I advise her to watch the Logies tonight and we'll see who's laughing then. (I hope!)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off I have to say that the writer of this must of been pretty stupid.

Whats more dangerous, a mad man with weapons or a T.V show you can turn off?. I feel for her poor childern who will have to sneak about if they want to watch HAA. With reporting like that she will never become a star jouranlist

So watching three episodes out of 19 years is enough evidence to base that load of rubbish on? What a joke.

I would rather saw off my children's limbs than let them watch this offensive insult to even the biggest moron. And if you think that I'm being too hard, tune in.

Hate to be her kid. What kind of person would say that they would saw of their own child's limbs than watch the show?! Don't think i'll ever understand that comparison. <_<

wow, what a loser. That was so lame. As if compare HAA to Bin Laden. But yes, like FRankie and ter06 said, HAA has produced several internationally reknown stars. Whoever wrote this needs to get their facts straight. Idiot!

Thanks Frankie for that :)

What sort of muppet can judge 19 years of storylines and make an "accurate" summing up of a program based on watching an hour's worth!!!!. If your going to bag a show at leats have the decency to watch alot more over several eras "dickheads by the sea" how very sensible im sure the writter of this item is such a talented actress herself :rolleyes: . The likes of Idiana,Ray,Kate for example are excellent appreciated cast members with talent she hasnt even bothered to look into individual sucess shes not only insulted the soap but tarred every actor/tress with the same brush.

That was a laugh to read - the woman who wrote this clearly isn't a very good journalist (well at least if this article is anything to go by) who is trying to boost her career by being controversial. Being controversial and having valid evidence to support your argument is one thing; but this is rubbish coming from a woman who has only watched three episodes of Home and Away in her life, been extremely selective with her so called 'evidence' and tore down the first point she made by getting the lyrics wrong anyway. If you don't like Home and Away then that's up to that person, but maybe the journalist should have beared in mind that it is a soap - it's not supposed to have an intellectual value.

And as to the claim about tearing her child's limbs off and H&A being worse than Osama Bin Laden... well that's the biggest load of rubbish I think I've ever heard. Was she trying to be controversial there? Because it really didn't work. Especially since most people are gonna read those claims and just laugh at the sheer ridiculousness of them.

Oh yea, and if you're going to tear down one of the most popular soaps in Australia then she should have at least attempted to get her facts right.

It was an entertaining read though - I'll give her that. :P

given that this was in a T.V guide I take it people will be quick to send in thier emails and letter in support HAA and against this rubbish? I would but I have a location problem, though I could probably email if I had the address.... :ph34r:

Archived