The Royal

Guest ~Rosey~

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ We all have our own opinions and I guess that's why discussing the show is so interesting :P.

I thought we could do something fun, while waiting for the show to come back onto our screens in the UK anyway, and do a 'Royal' quiz! I'll post this lot of questions and then if you like the idea, you can post the next lot of questions, etc.

(These are very easy :P)...

Q. 1 In what season did Adam arrive?

Q. 2 What was Meryl's surname?

Q. 3 In which season did Jill and Gordon share their first kiss?

Q. 4 What is Gordon's eldest son called?

Q. 5 What is Lizzie's job?

Q. 6 In what accident was Gordon's first wife, Caroline, involved in?

Q. 7 Dr. Rose is often seen in the hospital saving lives, but what other thing is he famous for doing?

Adam does take a bit of getting used to, shall we say. Everyone hates him and his ideas at first. Now, though, it's mostly Gordon that ''scoffs at Adam and his plans for the hospital'' :P. The storyline involving Adam's plans for a new baby unit was a good one for Jill. She's a very tough character who'll stick up for what she believes in. It was obvious in the last series that she was very passionate about it.

I came across an old article a couple of days ago...

The Royal gets bloody

21 March 2007

COSY Sixties drama The Royal is turning gory with scenes featuring blown off limbs in the new series.

The opener on ITV1 this Sunday features Dr Jeff Goodwin, played by Paul Fox, treating Biafran victims of the Nigerian civil war in an African field hospital.

It includes footage of people with severed, bleeding limbs. In one scene, Dr Goodwin amputates a mother’s leg in a bid to save her life.

Co-star Robert Daws, who plays Dr Gordon Ormerod, told us: “The blood quota has definitely gone up a little bit. Viewers want to see this kind of thing. The days of above the neck shots with a little bit of blood are well and truly over.

“Our prosthetics department are second to none ? they’re the same people who work on the Harry Potter movies. They are hugely talented and make everything look so authentic.”

Amy Robbins, who plays Dr Jill Weatherill, added: “I think we still cut away just in time rather than lingering a bit longer like Holby City. We don’t want viewers to see their Sunday dinner again.”

In the storyline Dr Goodwin has left North Yorkshire to help civilians in war torn Biafra. Because of the hostilities he is forced to return to Britain with a young Nigerian child.

--------

I agree with what Bob said - viewers want to see realism when it comes to hospital dramas and that sort of thing. However, Amy's got a point. Us viewers don't want to see our Sunday night dinner again! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

'The Royal Today' starts tomorrow at 4pm. I think quite a few people think it's going to be a flop...myself included :ph34r:. The Royal is Sunday night 1960's drama, not a daily 4pm soap!!! However, I haven't seen it yet, so I shouldn't really be saying all of that :P...

^ Your post made sense to me :D.

I thought the first episode was quite good. For me, 'The Royal Today' will never be as good as the 'proper' version :P. But I can see it improving. There were some great lines especially from charge nurse Adam! ITV has also got it on catch-up which is great for people who might not be able to see it because of the weird time that it's on.

It's strange to think that Jonathan is now a doctor. When the new series of The Royal returns, he'll be a baby again! :lol:

Archived