The Royal

Guest ~Rosey~

I'm the same. Every episode just seems to get more fantastic! :D Yeah, I felt so sorry for both of them. I think the mum felt even worse for her daughter knowing that she was coping and everything.

So much for my comments last week about sweet jill, we really saw her cranky side last night :lol:

That actually made me laugh out loud :lol:. She was a bit cranky, wasn't she?!

I really tried not to read your last bit about the series finale next week, i was just getting back into it. Im totally gutted, sunday nights just won't be the same

Me too. It will be back next year, though! :D

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ :o.

I know she has an ectopic pregnancy but I didn't know that she won't be able to have any more children

:(. Maybe they'll adopt in the future - that would make a good storyline. I still can't believe it, though. They have baby Jonathan, yes, but it's still extremely sad.

There's an article in the TV guide that we get about Jill and Gordon in tonight's episode, so just ask if you want me to type it up :D.

I laughed my socks off when I was watching an interview with Amy and Bob the other day. They were talking about the whole

pregnancy storyline, and she was saying how the most traumatic bit for her to film were the scenes were she was in hospital without any fake eyelashes on!! Amy said regarding not wearing any make-up: ''I might as well have died''... lol:.

I love their sense of humour!

What a great episode tonight, i was totally moved to tears at the end. Poor jill, my heart broke for her. One of the things i love about the Royal is the way it manages to get the right balance of tragedy and comedy all rolled together so that one minute you're laughing and the next you're crying.

Im sooo gonna miss it, roll on the next series. :(

• 2 weeks later...

:o I thought I'd posted a comment about the season finale, but I hadn't! What can I say? It was so sad. But like you said mrs baker - the beauty of 'The Royal' is that one minute you can be laughing and the next...balling your eyes out! The scene at the end was just so sad. I had tears streaming down my face when Jill started crying.

Gordon: ''Oh my darling, it'll all be alright''.

Jill: ''However can it be?''

...:(.

The good news is that it will be back on our screens on the 23rd of March 2008! It's not that long to wait when you think about it :P. I'll just have to occupy myself with 'Heartbeat' whilst it's not on...

• 2 weeks later...

Rosey, that is fantastic news! Oh, I'm sure you and your mum are very, very happy about it! Wow, that is excellent :D. You'll be getting the first episode of series 5 if Seven are carrying on from where they left it. That was a good series - one of my favourites :D. I wonder if Seven are going to be putting it on every Saturday? I think it'd be great, actually, for all you people in Aus to have it as a nightly drama! Australia is 24 episodes behind us, so it'd take a lot less time for you to catch up!

I think countries all over the world should have a good supply of high quality international dramas to watch. Viewers can then get a greater choice of programmes and all manner of good things :D. There's such a huge market for dramas made in other countries and I think TV networks around the world know that, so it's great to finally hear that the show is making its way back onto Australian screens :D.

The Royal will be back on English screens in 121 days, if the date I've got is correct! Anyhow, I'm sure it'll be back on our screens before we know it :P. Heartbeat is quite entertaining, so I'm more than happy for that to fill the 8pm ITV gap on Sunday whilst The Royal isn't on.

I was just thinking about what you peeps would like to see happen to Jill and Gordon (or any character for that matter!) in the next series. I think a great storyline for Jill would be if she become really depressed after losing the baby. Believe me, I'd much rather see Jill in a happy storyline, but I think continuity wise it would be good if we got to see the effect on her and Gordon of not only her losing the baby but also the fact that she can't have anymore children. Anyone have any ideas?

I think they should concentrate on Gordon and Jill for a while, maybe losing the baby could affect Jill's temperament for a while and obviously being told you can never have children must be a devastating blow for any couple, maybe the stress of it all will put a strain on there marriage.

I'd also like to see Stella find happiness after her recent ordeal and i'd love to see the romance between Mike Bannerman and Marian McKaig blossom.

But most of all i hope they keep the winning formula, lots of lighthearted fun mixed with drama and heartache.

121 days and counting, can't wait :D

Wooo hooo. The Royal and Heartbeat on in the same night! I'm sooo moving to Aus :lol:.

I think they should concentrate on Gordon and Jill for a while, maybe losing the baby could affect Jill's temperament for a while and obviously being told you can never have children must be a devastating blow for any couple, maybe the stress of it all will put a strain on there marriage.

I'd also like to see Stella find happiness after her recent ordeal and i'd love to see the romance between Mike Bannerman and Marian McKaig blossom.

But most of all i hope they keep the winning formula, lots of lighthearted fun mixed with drama and heartache.

I'd like to see Jill and Gordon focused on for a while too. Jill kept the fact that she pregnant a secret from Gordon, so I wouldn't be too suprised if she becomes really depressed and starts blaming herself for what happened. I can imagine her saying something like, ''Losing the baby was all my fault. None of this would be happening had I have told you''. Who knows what will happen! I always like speculating and thinking up crazy ideas :D.

Archived