The Royal

Guest ~Rosey~

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe now we will see a proper matron :o *naughty girl* :P

Lol :P. However, you have got a point. The matron in TRT (The Royal Today) isn't like the matron of the 60's. Jenny just seems to run the hospital; she doesn't come across as taking a real interest in the patients. But I don't suppose many matrons in real hospitals do these days either (because of costs, time constraints etc), so I suppose it's realistic.

Series 7 won't be the same without Ken. Michael Starke is on Corrie, or Emmerdale, so he's left TR. Mike Banner (Sam Callis) won't be in much of the next series either. The show has got loads of other fantastic characters, though, so I'm not too dissapointed. I will miss them, though - especially Ken. There's only one Ken Hopkirk!

:lol:

:o

less of Mike Banner, i really like him and i had such high hopes for his budding romance with Marion

:(

He's in The Bill so obviously doesn't have much time for other commitments. His character in The Bill is horrible though (and not in a good way). I'd much rather he stuck to The Royal to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it was Amy and Bob's 5th wedding anniversary yesterday. So...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY AMY AND BOB!!! xxx

Yes, I know I don't actually know them, but anyhow :P.

Some more news on when the show will be returning - I'm not sure if it is returning on the 16th of March or not. I belong to a forum about the show and a few peeps have said that they've emailed ITV, and they've replied and said that it won't be back until later in the year. I'll let you know if I hear anything else...

• 2 weeks later...

*Sniff*. Thanks to someone else who has just e-mailed ITV, I've found out that it might not be returning until...June!!! What is so important that it has to be delayed even longer?! Heartbeat is back on the 16th of this month, but I can't think of anything else that would be on. It's a conspiracy! :P However, there is a postive. If it is delayed until June, all 12 episodes may be shown at once. Nevertheless...:(.

Archived