The Royal

Guest ~Rosey~

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought Sunday's episode was absolutely brilliant :D. The train crash scenes were really tense and seeing Jill breaking down and kinda losing it a bit was really out of character, which was very interesting to watch.

I had a feeling the vicar was going to die, because he was saying that everything was okay, when clearly it wasn't. And it seems that Adam can show emotion! I thought he was actually going to cry when he took the vicar's mother out of the room :o.

• 2 weeks later...

Where have all my Royalists gone? :unsure::P

I keep forgetting to post here :lol:

Anyway, the second episode was brilliant as usual, i hated the fact that everyone was wrapping Jill up in cotton wool and not letting her deal with any pregnant patients. I knew she would be better facing it sooner rather than later, ans as you would expect, she coped amazingly well.

The third ep was pretty gruesome, i can't begin to imagine how much pain that poor man must have been in *shudders*. I'm glad that Lizzie decide to stay, it just wouldn't be the same, not seeing her face brightening up reception :P. I'm not really sure what to make of the new doc yet, but he seems to be very keen on Marian.

Dont you think wathing the Royal and looking at todays Hospitals it warrents the bring back of the Matron and the hiring of Cleaning companys like when the Royal is suppose to be situated in the late 60s I think the N.H .S could take a leafe out of the programmes books and follow there lead.

I like the Royal like HeatBeat Just shows what it was all about with Bobbys Walking the streets.

^ That's an interesting thought, janice514. I assume, not being from the '60s myself, that The Royal is similar in many ways to what real hospitals back then would have been like, and going by what I've read and heard about hospitals from that time and seeing the decline of the NHS in real life, it makes me think that the NHS has definitely lost something along the way.

I have a real interest in medical things and I've often thought that senior nurses/mordern matrons don't have that level of personal patient care that there was even a few years ago. Senior nurses are more tied to the admin work now than ever before, whereas matrons back in the '60s appeared to have had a bigger interest on a personal level in making sure that the patients were well cared for. But like I say, I wasn't born in that era, so what do I know :P, but that's just the general idea I get.

Where have all my Royalists gone? :unsure::P

I'm not really sure what to make of the new doc yet, but he seems to be very keen on Marian.

I like Nick, but we haven't had much of a chance to get to know him yet, so I guess it's a case of wait and see. On first impressions, though, he seems nice :D. And yes, I think there's definitely love in the air for him and Marian :D ...

Loved last nights episode :D

Ok i know its not in the slightest bit funny, and i shouldn't laugh, but when the new head porter was blown up in the gas explosion i could not move :lol: Well he deserved it for being such a smarmy know it all. It was great to see Jill get the better of him though, when he was ordering her out to the waiting area and she asked Mr Rose to introduce her, then came the line of the night when she said she was off to do her hair and nails before afternoon surgery :P

Loved the party scenes, but can i just say that Lizzies decor gave me a blinding headache, thank goodness i didn't have to decorate a house in the sixties, and did you notice that red light shade, it looked like a salad bowl :lol:

All that aside, i'm loving the Royal more and more every week. I just wish it could air all year round :D

Archived