The Royal

Guest ~Rosey~

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't agree more! Jill and Gordon are just the perfect couple. I went "awww" when I found out that Amy and Robert met on set and then got married! I had a quick look on YouTube the other night and I was amazed at how many Jill/Gordon vids there are :o. I think I've probably watched most of them, actually :lol:.

I couldn't believe it when you said it was broadcast in Aus!

There's going to be a spin-off series called 'The Royal Today' - it's going to be 'The Royal' but set in the present time and with a different cast. A different cast...different time....:(. I really hope ITV still continue to make the '60s version and don't put the spin-off series on instead. I wouldn't be a happy bunny if that was the case :P.

Lol. :P

Well the last episode we got was when Gordon went off the road and we all though he was dead.

Mum rang up Chanel 7 to find it when it would come back and they said just to keep listening out, but that was almost 3 months ago! I think Mums going to ring again

Well the last episode we got was when Gordon went off the road and we all though he was dead.

Wow, that was a nasty time for Seven to stop showing it! :lol: I remember watching that scene and not knowing what was going to happen. I think my jaw dropped about a hundred metres when I saw it! :P

From what I have read it does sound as though 'The Royal Today' is going to be put in place of the normal show :(. I don't know that for a fact, but from everything I have heard it sounds pretty likely. I may e-mail ITV and ask...

I'm sure I read somewhere that The Royal Today is meant for the weekday teatime slot. That would make sense as they've had trouble filling that slot for ages (bet they're regretting losing H&A now!). I'm pretty sure they wouldn't replace the current show as it's hugely popular. Maybe they'll put the different series' on consecutively, like they do with The Royal and Heartbeat at the moment? That would explain why it sounds like they're replacing one with another.

The whole sixties nostalgic feeling is what makes it so great and the characters work so well together.

Very well put! I completely agree.

You made a really good point, claire_louise - maybe ITV will show both! :D I read on a forum that filming for series 7 has taken place or has taken place already, so there will be at least another series to come, and I'm sure more after that!

Spoiler:

I've heard, although I don't know for a fact, that Jill gets pregnant but loses the baby

:(.

Archived