Out Of Control!

Guest Lilone

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 12

“He’s not looking good,” Dr Green told Peter and Drew honestly. “He’s lost a lot of blood and we’ve had to resuscitate him. His heart was stopped for quite a while. I can’t tell you anything more except that we’re going to do all we can for him.”

Peter sat down on one of the chairs in the corridor, his head in his hands. Drew sat next to him looking just as worried, and they stayed there in silence.

“Just dump her here! We have to get out of here quickly!”

“All right, all right!” The balaclava man opened the car door and shoved Amanda out into the road next to the hospital, bleeding heavily, and they drove off. She moaned aloud in agony, and stumbled blindly towards the hospital door. She needed help.

“Pete!” He looked up, as did Drew and Leah, who had just arrived, to see Clare hurrying down the corridor towards them. He got quickly to his feet as she embraced him looking anxious, and he kissed her for a moment, causing Leah to look pointedly away.

“How did you know we were here?” he asked, ignoring Leah’s looks.

“I went for a walk to clear my head,” Clare explained quickly, “and I went by the station to see how everyone was, and when I heard about the accident I got here as soon as I could.”

“Thank you,” Peter said, hugging her tight. “It means so much to me that you’re here.”

“I’m not going anywhere,” she promised, and they sat down again, this time he with his arm around her.

“I need some help!” Amanda screeched, finally making it through the hospital doors. “Someone please, help me!” Her doctor was in the Reception and ran over quickly.

“Amanda, what happened?” she asked, stunned.

“Please, you have to help me,” Amanda pleaded, tears streaming down her face. “You’ve got to save my baby!”

The doctors crowded around her bed, trying to determine whether the baby was alive or not. Amanda couldn’t bear to listen to a word they said. She knew the pain of thinking she’d lost her baby – she didn’t think she could cope with the real thing. As a space formed between two nurses, she suddenly saw them in the corridor. Peter, Leah, Drew – and some other woman she didn’t recognise.

“I’m going for some coffee,” Clare said quietly. “You want some?”

“Uh, that’d be great, actually,” said Pete gratefully. “Thank you. For everything.”

“Don’t even think about it. Leah, Drew, do either of you want a coffee or something?”

“No, thanks,” said Drew. Leah shook her head – she wasn’t able to speak yet. Clare nodded, and Peter sat forward with his head buried in his hands again.

“Hey …” she rubbed his back comfortingly with one hand. “He’ll pull through.”

Peter nodded wordlessly. Amanda looked on, shocked; as Clare turned Pete’s face towards her with her other hand and kissed him tenderly on the lips. And as if that wasn’t bad enough, he kissed her back lovingly – and Leah and Drew didn’t say a word! As though they had expected it, or they accepted it, or something. Amanda felt as though her heart had been ripped from her chest. He had moved on. He really didn’t love her any more. Maybe it would be for the best if she didn’t have the baby after all.

“I’ll be right back,” Clare promised, and she left, passing Amanda’s door on her way to the hospital café. Luckily she didn’t see the dirty looks being thrown at her from Amanda.

“Leah, I am so sorry,” Pete said hoarsely. “I know it’s my fault he’s in here …”

“It’s his fault, for overreacting,” she interrupted. “He should never have stormed out like he did, and he shouldn’t have driven the car when he was that angry.”

“Well, I still shouldn’t have told him like that. I really am sorry.”

“I don’t blame you, but … why did you?” Leah asked. “I mean, you and Clare. What made you decide to try again? After everything that’s happened?”

Drew looked up, looking mildly interested. Amanda strained her ears to hear.

“I don’t know,” said Peter finally. “I love her. I always loved her – I didn’t want her to get hurt, so I left her. But when I went to the city she was there for me, and those feelings that had been there between us were as strong as ever. We can’t pretend they’re not.”

“If you’re happy, I’m happy for you,” Drew told his dad. “And she seems great.”

“Yeah,” Leah agreed. “You guys deserve this, if it’s for real this time.”

And everything seemed to happen at once. Clare came back along the corridor at the same time as Rachel came out of Dan’s room. Amanda’s doctor stepped back from her.

“Rachel, what’s the news?” Peter asked anxiously, as Clare came to his side and grasped his hand tightly in her own. Leah and Drew both jumped to their feet.

“Leah, Pete, I don’t know what to say …”

The tears poured down Rachel’s face. Leah burst out crying, leaning on her friend for support. Drew stayed silent but his face showed he was hurting. Peter felt the tears on his own cheeks, as Clare pulled him into her arms, holding him as tight as she could and crying herself. Amanda wished she knew what was going on.

“Amanda, I’m so sorry. You’ve lost your baby.”

Promo:

Will Amanda ever tell Pete about his child now?

How will Leah move on?

Will Clare be able to keep Peter on track?

oh blimmin hell does that mean Dan's dead???!!! no tats not good at all poor Leah and Pete hopefully Clare can support him and i wonder if Amanda wil ever tell Pete the truth now very much doubt it

wicked add love this fic

love abi xx

Great chapter. :)

:( Oh no, dan's dead. Hopefully Pete and Clare are for real and Clare can support him in this hard time.

I wonder whether Leah will move on, doubt it for a while.

I don't think Amanda will tell Pete. Will we ever find out who the balaclava person is? :lol:

Kudos to Aaron on his originality in coming up with names. :P Cracked me up when I read it.

Dan is dead. That's a first. Well done, you guys. Loved the way you sort of got the whole Dan dying and Amanda losing the kid coincidence.

Not happy about Dan dying but very happy about Amanda losing the baby. Me thinks me favourite character now has to be balaclava man. :P

That was brilliant chapter, you guys. Update soon.

Oh, and Clete will have to be for real this time.

Teaser:

Pete stood up, looking over at Leah and wiping the tears from his eyes.

“I think it’s best if we start letting people know. I’ll go and tell Ryan first.”

Clare, Sal and Drew looked at him shocked.

“Are you sure you want to see Amanda?”

“If anyone should tell Ryan it’s me.”

Archived