Out Of Control!

Guest Lilone

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my god. BEST chapter yet! :P That was so good, i thought this was going to happen after i read 16 and it did. :D

Can't believe it! Panda reunited. :)

Can't wait to read more, especially if there is more panda stuff. :P

Update soon. :)

Thanks Chrissie, Abi and Aaron! :D

Chapter 18

Peter rolled over the next morning and was shocked to find himself in Amanda’s bed. He hadn’t had that much to drink, surely! He grabbed his clothes and tore out of there as fast as he could. How could he have been so stupid? After all she had done! He tried to comfort himself in the thoughts that he had been upset about Dan, and Clare – Clare! He stopped dead in his tracks. She had been the reason Dan died.

Amanda searched the house and garden frantically, but there was no sign of Pete anywhere. He had taken off first thing. Without so much as a goodbye – never mind an apology! Couldn’t he see that she was genuinely sorry? Everything was such a mess these days … she sat down on the couch and cried like there was no tomorrow.

“Peter!” Clare ran over and hugged him tight as he came through the back door. “I waited up for you all night – I was worried sick! Where have you been?”

“Out,” he said shortly, detangling her arms from around him and going through to the living room. “Driving. Drinking. Walking. Drinking. I don’t know.”

“You know drowning your sorrows won’t solve anything,” she said, following him.

“I wasn’t exactly trying to solve anything, Clare,” he pointed out coldly. “I was numb. I had just found out the woman I loved was responsible for my brother’s death, for Christ’s sakes!”

“I thought you would’ve calmed down a little by now,” she said quietly. He rounded on her furiously, his anger reaching boiling point.

“Of course I haven’t calmed down!” Pete yelled. “How can I be calm, after this?!”

“Because you know I wouldn’t have done anything to hurt him deliberately!”

“This isn’t just about what you did – it’s about what you didn’t do! You didn’t tell me! You thought I didn’t deserve to know – you don’t trust me, Clare!” he shouted.

“Of course I trust you, Pete!” Clare sobbed. “I love you!”

“Yeah, well you have a funny way of showing it! Just get out of here!”

“Peter!”

“Go!” Clare ran from the house, tears streaming down her face, and Peter turned around and punched the wall angrily. Everything was spiralling out of control again.

“Hey, Clare …” Drew came up beside her sitting on the beach crying. She tried to cover her upset, but it didn’t work. He put an arm around her unsurely, and she sighed.

“I knew he’d be angry, but … I thought he’d understand that I did it to protect him from more hurt! It’s not like knowing makes it any better for him, does it?”

“Knowing what?” Drew asked, lost. Clare sniffled and shook herself.

“It doesn’t matter,” she said, straightening up. “I’m gonna go talk to Pete, see if I can’t get him to see sense. He can’t still be angry …”

“Hello?” Amanda knocked on Leah’s back door nervously. “Anybody home?”

“What the hell do you want?” Peter snapped, shooting her a disgusted look as he threw his dirty dishes in the sink. Amanda was a little surprised, but came in anyway.

“Don’t you think we should talk about what happened last night?”

“No, not really,” he replied, and turned his back on her and walked through to the living room. But of course, she followed him, and noticed his hand was bruised.

“What did you do to your hand?” she asked worriedly.

“Nothing!” he answered quickly, avoiding her eye. She scanned the room and her eyes widened as she saw the chipped paint and semi-shattered plaster next to the table.

“Did you – is that – you hit the wall?!” she exclaimed loudly. He half-laughed.

“Yeah, well, it seemed like a good idea at the time,” Pete said harshly. He had pretty much stopped caring about anything. Amanda reached for his hand, but he jerked away.

“Amanda,” he said, looking into her eyes. She smiled lovingly at him.

“Yes, Peter?” she asked, still smiling. He also smiled.

“Get out.”

“I cannot believe this! You saw Dan before he died?” Drew repeated. His voice sounded hollow. Clare sighed heavily and touched his arm nervously.

“I didn’t keep it a secret out of spite,” she said pleadingly. “I just didn’t see how it could help anybody. Dan’s death was a terrible accident, and I … I figured everybody had enough to deal with right now, that’s all. But Pete doesn’t see it like that.”

“Of course he doesn’t!” Drew snapped. “You lied to him – to me, to all of us!”

“About something that has no relevance to anything any more!”

Drew got up angrily and began storming away, but Clare was hot on his heels. He pulled off his sandals and ran up the beach, tears stinging the corners of his eyes. He ran as fast as he could until he reached the path at the top of the beach. He heard Clare shouting from behind him, and footsteps following him, but he kept running. Straight into someone’s arms. He looked up, and a tall man he didn’t recognise had him by both arms.

“Drew!” Clare shouted, and there was something in her voice that made him turn. She sounded really afraid. The tall man held Drew by the shoulders roughly.

“Hey!” Clare called, catching up. “Let him go!”

The man then pulled out a gun, pointing it into the side of Drew’s head. He stopped short, breathing heavily, and Clare too was stopped in her tracks. Drew was terrified.

“Where’s your dad, mate?” the man asked, flicking the safety on and off rhythmically.

“I … I don’t know,” Drew said nervously, his voice high-pitched even to his own ears.

“What do you want with him?” Clare demanded, her voice much steadier than Drew’s.

“Stay out of this, blondie,” the man grunted. “Tell me, where he is!”

“He said he doesn’t know,” she said angrily. “Whatever you want with Peter, he obviously can’t help you! There are other ways of getting what you want!”

“You know his dad?” the man asked suddenly, letting the gun fall slightly.

“Yeah, I do,” Clare said, keeping one eye on the weapon and the other on the man’s face. “We used to work together.”

“You must be Detective Brody,” the man sneered, mocking her. She gulped.

“Senior Detective Brody, actually,” she snapped, trying her best to keep her cool for Drew’s sake. “And how did you know my name?”

“My boss makes it his business to know these sorts of things.”

“And who exactly is your boss?” As Clare kept him talking, she edged closer to the armed man. The most important thing was to get Drew away from there safely.

“You must remember Mr Gillan,” he scorned her, and she gasped aloud. “Thought it might come back to you. Mr Gillan is very interested to know where Detective Baker’s hiding.”

“He’s not hiding!” Drew shouted, unable to contain himself.

This was his biggest mistake. The man shoved the gun into the back of his head.

“Where is he?!” he roared, shoving Drew to the ground. While his attention was focussed on Drew, Clare took her chance. She lunged forward and grabbed for the gun, causing the man to lose his grip on Drew, who fell forward out of the way. He watched on helplessly as Clare and the mystery man struggled over the weapon, with it being forced in all directions, and he was forced to duck many times. The man reached out and slapped Clare, but she managed to keep a hold of the gun. A moment later, all three of them were sent flying to the ground. The gun fell next to Drew, the tip smoking.

Promo:

Who has been shot??

OMG. Another great chapter. :D

I'm thinking Clare shouldn't have told Drew, lol and will anyone find Clare and Drew. Hopefully it's the man holding them hostage who got shot. Although, i don't know why would you bring in a new man just to kill him off?

I hope it isn't Clare or Drew but i have a feeling it might be.

Update soon.

Well that was interesting. Geez, it's so obvious that Drew was going to blow his top off at Clare. I mean, hello, his dad's Peter Baker. And the guy is so much like his dad. :P

That whole Drew/Clare/thug bit was intense. I reckon it's either the tug but if it's not, it'll be Clare. I'm biased because I want Clete back together.

And, I had the biggest and most stupidest grin ever on my face when Peter told Amanda to get out. It was brilliant and it was a classic. :)

Anyway, update soon you guys. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Few teasers :P

“How did you know about Denise?” Peter asked. “He was asking for you, he wanted to know where you was and that’s when he said the name Denise Gillian"

“What is it, Drew?” Leah asked again. He had been silent for over five minutes after announcing he had news for her. He looked around him, stalling for time.

“Uh, look, maybe it’s not my place to say, but …”

“No, well, I don’t think she needs to know. She doesn’t know about my whole blaming myself thing, so I can hardly just turn around and tell her about you lying, can I? I know I’ve done some hypocritical stuff in my life, but I can’t justify that one.”

Btw these teasers are in no pertically order and they are not just for the next chapter!

Archived