Out Of Control!

Guest Lilone

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why we haven't updated since March!! :unsure::blink:

Thanks everyone who reads and reviews! :D

Chapter 15

“She has barely said a word to anyone, she’s not letting VJ out of her sight and as for Drew – well, he’s keeping strong for his dad. Pete doesn’t seem to be coping at all,” Sally explained to Irene and Rachel.

“It’s been 3 days since he died, and I know people grieve in different ways but I’m really starting to worry about the three off them,” Rachel said, going quiet at Peter’s entrance to the Diner.

A small smile was all Peter could show before looking at everyone and running back out. He couldn’t bear facing everyone yet; he didn’t know how to either. Deep down he knew Dan’s death was purely down to his actions.

Quickly racing down to the beach he began to stare into the waves. He didn’t even know he had reached the water until he fell to the ground crying, as the water swept beneath him and then went back out from the shore.

Peter kept crying until he felt a gentle hand touch his shoulder. He turned wiping the tears from his face. Sal looked down at him before slowly bending down to sit with Peter.

“I don’t know what to do Sal, I really don’t,” Pete said trying to hold back the flood of tears trying to get out. He wasn’t the only one who didn’t know what to do, all Sally could do was bring him into her arms as she tried her best to comfort him but she knew giving Peter a hug in comfort wasn’t going to make him see Dan’s death wasn’t his fault.

Slowly standing up arm in arm Pete and Sally started to make their way back to the Diner. Pete gripped tightly on to Sally’s small soft hands as he took a deep breath before entering the Diner.

Rachel and Irene smiled at Sally, watching her and Peter head over towards them.

“Hey Pete how are you?” Irene asked knowing full well Peter was not coping at all.

“It just doesn’t seem real, it’s just like he is going to walk in here now and start making a joke with one of us,” Pete said, giving a warm smile to Rachel sitting opposite.

“Pete?!” Clare said as she walked over to the four of them.

“Hey Clare,” Irene said, hoping she would join them.

“Pete I have just seen Drew; he was on the beach going over the speech he is giving at the funeral tomorrow. I think he could use his dad's support."

“Ok,” Peter replied getting up to leave.

“Pete, if you need anything, you know my number,” Sal said as she watched Clare and Pete both leave.

Amanda slowly walked in the direction of the Diner with Ryan walking at a very slow speed behind. Ryan was old enough to understand that his dad was gone and not coming back but actually accepting his dad was physically gone was a complete different story. Amanda looked on as she saw Clare kissing and hugging Peter goodbye.

Amanda’s heart began to feel like it was being ripped into pieces; seeing Peter with another woman was just heartbreaking, no matter what happened or what was said she still knew that the love she had for Peter wasn’t going away… anytime soon.

As Amanda and Ryan slowly walked on the beach Peter suddenly stopped further away looking in different directions until he caught sight of Amanda and Ryan. He put his head down and walked over to them. Ryan’s face brightened up as he ran over hugging his uncle.

“Hey mate,” Peter said hugging him tight.

“Hey,” Amanda said softly. Pete let out a slight fake smile.

“How are you?” Amanda blurted out, not knowing what else to say.

“I don’t know to be honest, you?”

“Keeping strong for Ryan… Anyway I better be going, I'll see you tomorrow at the funeral,” Amanda said, trying to get away as fast as she could.

Everyone was gathered in the church, teary eyed as Peter stood up about to say a few words.

“Dan Baker… My little brother, the dumb but sensible one of the family - well, most of the time anyway. He was so caring towards others; he loved his friends and family. Not a day would go by when he wasn’t looking out for others. But that’s just how everyone knew Dan, a friend to all. My best friend ... I’m so sorry mate; I love you,” Peter said before breaking into tears as he looked at Dan’s coffin.

Promo:

Things go from bad to worse for Pete – What will happen?

A shocking revelation puts Dan’s death in a whole new light!

What does Amanda do next?

Aw, that was so sad. Sal's such a great person.

Interesting to see a grieving Peter. Whole new different side. I really hope he doesn't go and pop open a bottle of pills now.

Oh dear, was someone else involved in the accident together with Dan? Update soon. :)

Chapter 16

“That was a beautiful speech, Detective,” Colleen said, blowing loudly into her tissue as everyone filed into Leah’s house for the wake. “Incredibly moving!”

“Uh, thanks, Colleen,” said Peter tiredly. Clare saw he was exhausted and cut in.

“Colleen, I’m sure you don’t mind if I borrow Pete for a moment,” she said quickly, taking his arm to lead him away. Colleen looked mildly annoyed but didn’t say so.

“Oh, no, of course not …” she said. Clare immediately dragged Pete through to VJ’s bedroom away from the crowds. He sat down on the bed tiredly, and she sat next to him.

“Come here,” she said, hugging him tight. He sighed heavily, and a few moments later she let him go. He just looked at her blankly.

“Colleen was right, you know,” Clare told him. “That was a lovely speech.”

“Not going to bring him back though, is it?” he answered dully. “He’s still dead.”

“Yeah,” she agreed. “But at least you gave him the kind of send-off he’d be proud of.”

“He was my little brother, Clare. I owe him that if nothing else. And considering it’s my fault he’s dead …”

“It is not your fault!” she said, scandalised. “I thought we’d been over this?”

“I just …” Peter sighed again. “I can’t help thinking, if we hadn’t had that stupid fight, he would still be here today. Maybe if I’d found a different way to tell him …”

“Dan dying wasn’t because of your fight,” Clare said, and her voice broke. “Trust me.”

“What do you mean?” he asked, looking at her. She bit her lip nervously.

“Okay, uh … there’s something I have to tell you.”

Amanda looked around the room – she couldn’t see Peter anywhere. She saw Leah standing alone in the kitchen and went through to her, and they hugged.

“It was a beautiful service,” Amanda said, and Leah nodded. She was still in shock. “I, uh, I don’t see Peter anywhere – do you happen to know where he is?”

“I think he and Clare went off somewhere,” Leah said quietly. “And I don’t really think he wants to see you right now, Amanda. Surely today of all days you can leave it alone?”

“No, I, I didn’t mean –” Amanda said, but Leah interrupted.

“Just get used to the fact that now Dan’s gone, this family will not revolve around you and your dramas any more!”

“Before Dan died …” Clare said, twirling her hair nervously. “After he ran out of here.”

“You mean after I told him if he couldn’t accept us together he would lose me,” Peter interrupted, angry. “I never thought I’d be the one to lose him.”

“Pete, just, listen to me. After he ran out … I saw Dan at the beach,” Clare said all in a rush. Peter looked up at her, stunned. He then stood up quickly.

“What the hell do you mean you saw him?” he asked furiously. “What time?!”

“Maybe, about an hour before you found him – I’m not sure,” she said, flustered. “And the only reason I didn’t tell you before now is that I knew you’d react this way!”

“What did he say to you?” he asked, ignoring her. She looked away. “Clare!!”

“He … he came up to me and started screaming; he said I was ruining your life again and trying to come between your family … he was hysterical,” Clare said, upset.

“And what did you say to him?” Pete asked, not even noticing she was in tears.

“I told him it wasn’t true! I tried explaining to him how much I love you – that all I wanted to do was make you happy, but he wouldn’t listen to me. Nothing I said was good enough to make him understand. We eventually ended up having an argument, and he stormed away from me too. That was the last time I saw him.”

“You mean you were the last one to see him before he died and you never told me?!”

“And this is why!” Clare tried to reason with him. “I knew you’d take it completely the wrong way! I was trying to help us – trying to make Dan see sense!”

“Oh, great job, Clare – you sent him off in that car! You’re the reason he’s dead!”

Clare stopped in her tracks, shocked.

“What do you think’s going on in there?” Colleen said in a loud whisper to Alf.

“I don’t know, Colleen,” he hissed, “could be anything. Leave them alone, would you?”

“Maybe I should go check on them …” Amanda suggested, which caused Leah to whip around and give her a death stare in front of everyone in the room.

“You don’t know when to quit, do you?” she shouted. “Peter doesn’t love you any more, Amanda! And you never deserved him anyway!”

Peter stormed from the bedroom, leaving Clare in tears behind him.

“Peter, are you okay?” Leah asked him. He looked at her, ignoring Amanda completely.

“No, of course I’m not okay!” he snapped, and the door slammed behind him as he left the house. Despite the angry looks being thrown in her direction by Leah and everyone else, Amanda turned and followed him from the house. He had disappeared.

Pete sat on the beach and finished yet another beer. It had been almost an hour since he had walked out of Leah’s house. He didn’t want to go back. He didn’t even notice the footsteps coming up behind him, not until she sat down next to him.

“You’re drunk,” Amanda told him. He just looked at her. He didn’t even care any more. There was just no point.

Promo:

Will Pete forgive Clare for lying?

Will Amanda ever come clean?

How is Drew really coping with Dan’s death?

Great chapters. :)

Dan's service was nice, Pete's speech was also nice.

:o I can't believe all that time Peter was thinking it was his fault and kept on saying it was his fault to Clare she just let him.

She should have told him alot earlier than this, as he had a right to know i mean why didn't she say to him straight away is there more to this?

I'm thinking the "i didn't tell you because i knew you would take it the wrong way" line is just a cover for something she did i mean he was only really annoyed because he had been thinking it was his fault if he was told at the start maybe he wouldn't have took it the wrong way.

And then Amanda comes to try and pick up the pieces, somehow i have a feeling they will nearly get back together? :P

ppor petey, hope his vnurable state does not lead him to do anything stupid like let manda manipulate and get her claws back into him. I hope he and clare can sought it out . I agree with the other Pete speech was very good , will be good yto find out hoe Drew is really coping ,as we have not seen this so far

fab adds hun

love abi xx

Chapter 17

“Just leave me alone”, Pete snapped angrily as he opened another beer.

“Drinking yourself into oblivion isn’t going to help you deal with Dan’s death any more then if you were sober, you will wake up in the morning hating the state you got yourself into” Amanda replied trying to make Pete see sense.

“Why are you here? I don’t understand! You just raced out the house leaving Clare alone crying and she has locked herself in your room” Amanda said worryingly

“I don’t care what you think Amanda, you don’t care about anyone, you broke my heart” Peter yelled.

The sky suddenly turned grey as a storm began, the rained started to pore, Amanda grabbed Peter as they raced to shelter, and Peter leaned up against the wall as he finished off another beer, “how many do you have” Amanda said looking at the bag Peter had next to him, “Your not drinking all of them” she laughed as she picked one from the bag as she opened it to drink herself.

The rain wasn’t stopping they both knew that as they watched if chuck it down, Amanda looked over at her car then at Pete, “Let’s go” Amanda shouted as she grabbed Peter and raced towards the car.

Sally and Rachael was tidying up in Leah’s house when Drew entered threw the back door, “Where’s dad?” Sally looked at Rachael then at Drew as she said, “We haven’t seen him since earlier when he ran out”, “I think I better go look for him,” Drew said as he turned to go back out the door.

“Drew I think your dad needs some time to grieve for Dan on his own he seems to be holding back on showing his true feelings” Sally explained deeply.

“Yes but I want to be there for him”

Sally took Drews arm and she sat next to him on the sofa, “When Flynn my husband died, I couldn’t control my actions I was in a daze for months but in the end I came threw it knowing the best way to grieve it to do it with friends and family… Eventually your dad will see that and will need you to be strong”

Drew looked down as a tears fell down his cheek, he looked up at Sally beginning to cry, “I don’t know how I can get through this”, Sally wrapped her arms around Drew as he cried on her shoulder.

“What, why the hell, you don’t seriously think I’m going in there do you”, Pete said looking over at Amanda’s house. “Too be honest I don’t care what you think, I need a decent drink” Amanda laughed before racing over to her front door trying to keep out of the rain.

Peter just sat in the car beginning to hesitate weather or not to go in, he knew that he wanted more drinks as he just polished his last one off, he looked over at Amanda’s front door slightly open and raced over.

As he slowly looked around the door he couldn’t see Amanda anywhere, “you know where the drinks are,” Amanda shouted from the top of the stairs, Pete laughed before heading to the kitchen to get another drink.

Amanda sat down as she pored herself a glass of wine, Peter entered with 4 beers and a bottle of wine. Peter just sat looking at his beer bottle not knowing what to say, he started to look around the room when he eye caught sight of a photo, he slowly got up off the chair walking towards the photo frame, “Why?” Peter asked Amanda showing him the photo.

“Please Pete just… just don’t start” Amanda replied taking a big gulp from her drink, “Do you know what?” Pete said sharply.

“No what?” Amanda replied curious

“What made you… well cheat on me?” Peter said as he ran his fingers over the picture of Amanda’s and his wedding day.

“Pete can we not talk about this” Amanda insisted, Peter was still holding the photo as he walked towards the sofa sitting next to her, “Standing in front of everyone, seeing the photo’s of you and him it just broke my heart. Knowing what a fool I had been it ripped me apart inside, I loved you”

“It doesn’t matter how many times I tell you Pete, you still do not believe me!” Amanda shot at him.

“Did you really expect me to believe you couldn’t remember anything?” “Yes Peter I can’t say anything more then, I can’t remember even going to the motel” Amanda looked at Pete as he started to press his on to his jacket, “What’s the matter?”

“It’s nothing” Pete replied quickly as he took his hand from his stomach.

Amanda ignored Peter as she slowly opened his jacket, “Ow my god Peter!” Amanda said worried racing into the kitchen going to get the first aid box.

“Honestly I’m fine” Peter said closing his jacket, “Peter Baker! You are bleeding from the stomach now let me take a look”. After a few minutes Peter eventually took off his jacket, Amanda slowly lifted up Peter’s shirt to see how deep the cut was,

“How the hell did you do this?” Amanda asked confused, “does it really matter”

“Of course it does this cut is really deep” Amanda said worryingly trying to clean his cut. “Your going to have to take the shirt off”, Peter just looked at her and let out a small smile, “you got to be kidding?” “Pete look it’s either you take your shirt off here or I will call Rachael and tell her to come over and take you to the hospital”

“Ok you win” Peter laughed as he took of his shirt revealing a deep cut on his stomach, Amanda slowly wiped the cut clean smiling at Peter who was wincing in pain. As Amanda was cleaning his cut Peter slowly looked down at her, “Amanda? Did you ever love me?” Quickly lifting her head as she looked into Peter’s eyes, “Pete you’re the only person that I have ever deeply loved, I will never love anyone again as much as I love you”

“I can’t do this any longer” Amanda said sharply back away from Peter.

Peter looked at her confused, “Do what?” “The day Dan died… I… I lost the baby?”

the baby” Peter replied in shock, Amanda looked at him, “Yes I was pregnant but I lost the baby”

Peter started to feel his heart sink as he said, “I’m so sorry” he took his hand and placed in on top of hers.

“Pete it was your baby” Amanda said, tears began to fill up in her eyes.

Peter couldn’t believe what he just heard; he could have been a dad. He was confused he just didn’t know what to think. Tears fell down Amanda’s cheek as she saw how upset Peter was. “I’m so sorry”

Peter moved further towards Amanda, pulling her towards his chest as he held her, Amanda slowly lifted her head, looking into Pete’s eyes. Peter looked back at her slowly moving towards her, kissing her passionately

Promo:

Peter and Amanda? What about Claire?

Chapter 18

:o Don't like the ending at all. Loved the Sally/Drew bit and you better get Pete back with Clare soon.

And, Amanda you lil liar. You don't even know who's baby it is. Oh wait, it's so obvious it's his. So stupid.

That was nicely written you guys. :)

Archived