Out Of Control!

Guest Lilone

Great chapter. :D

Drew took it really well :P i can see them getting on well. :)

I don't think Dan will tell Pete, i think it will be kept secret for a little while longer...

Devasting news! :o Wonder what it is! Hope it's nothing too bad :(

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments :D

Here's a small teaser:

Peter came through the door looking a little nervous about what he was going to do. Dan grinned at him, still not sure whether to tell him, and Leah ran through and hugged him.

“I’m glad you’re back!” she said happily. “Get your head sorted out that fast?”

“Yeah, you could say that …” said Peter. “Uh, can I talk to you guys for a minute?”

Chapter 10

“Yeah, Drew’s going to stay with me tonight,” Peter told Leah. “Just so you and Dan didn’t worry about him, or anything.” He tried to ignore the amused look Clare was giving him.

“Okay, that’s fine,” Leah said. “And how are you? Getting your head together?”

“Uh, yeah, something like that. I’ll call you tomorrow, Leah.” Peter hung up quickly as Clare pulled into the car park at her place.

“Dinner was great,” Drew said gratefully. “I really had a good time.”

“Yeah, me too,” said Clare, shooting a sneaky look at Pete. “It was good to hear some stories about what exactly your dad gets up to without me keeping him in line!”

“Oh, you’re so hilarious, I’m sure. Now can we try and find something to talk about which doesn’t involve humiliating me? Just for a little change.”

“But Dad, you make it so easy,” said Drew, and Clare laughed as she let them in.

“I love this kid,” she said. Peter just rolled his eyes and led his son inside.

Next morning, Dan and Leah were sitting at a late breakfast when the door opened.

“Hey guys!” Drew shouted out, dumping his jacket over a chair in the living room and coming through to the kitchen. Dan stood up and grinned at his nephew.

“G’day, mate,” he said happily. “How was it – did you have a good time?”

“Yeah, it was awesome,” said Drew. “We went for dinner and sat up all night talking.”

“Sounds lovely,” Leah said, clearing away the breakfast dishes.

“And, uh … how was Pete?” asked Dan unsurely. Drew grinned.

“Why don’t you ask him yourself?”

Peter came through the door looking a little nervous about what he was going to do. Dan grinned at him, still not sure whether to tell him, and Leah ran through and hugged him.

“I’m glad you’re back!” she said happily. “Get your head sorted out that fast?”

“Yeah, you could say that …” said Peter. “Uh, can I talk to you guys for a minute?”

“Drew, why don’t you go play with Ryan and VJ?” suggested Dan.

“No, it’s okay – he already knows what this is about,” Peter said. “He can stay.”

The four of them sat down on the sofa, Dan and Leah looking unsure.

“When I was in the city …” Peter started, but Dan cut him off quickly.

“That’s where you went?” he asked. “Now we know where to look next time.”

“There won’t be a next time, I hope,” was Pete’s reply. “When I was there, I started off as a mess. I went out and got … well, a little drunk, to say the least. I don’t know how I would’ve coped on my own. But I wasn’t, on my own.”

“Who were you with, then?” asked Dan, puzzled. Just then there was a knock at the back door. Peter and Drew exchanged looks as Leah went to answer it.

“Oh, my God …” she said, sounding stunned. “Uh, Dan? You might wanna come here.”

Dan, Peter and Drew all went through to the kitchen, and the latter two ended up walking into Dan when he stopped in the doorway from surprise.

“Hello, Dan,” Clare said pleasantly. “Nice to see you again.”

“You are a filthy hypocrite!” Dan yelled about five minutes later. Drew had taken the boys to the park to get them out the way, and Leah and Clare were still in the kitchen, while the two Baker brothers fought it out in the living room.

“You left here because you couldn’t stand to be around Amanda – you were away a few days and all of a sudden you’re just over her? You reckon you’re in love with Clare?”

“Yes, as a matter of fact I do!” Pete snapped just as angrily. “I left because I was angry with Amanda, and I couldn’t deal with it! But I have dealt with it, and I realised I’m better off without her, because all she was ever going to do was hurt me! But Clare –”

“Cheated on you,” Dan supplied, and Peter let out a frustrated scream.

“How many times? She did not cheat on me – I left her to come back to the Bay alone!”

“You guys must be crazy,” Leah said to Clare, sitting at the kitchen table. “I mean, after all the trouble you both had last time; all the trouble we had … is it really worth it?”

“Leah, I swear, I never would’ve cheated on him –” Clare started, but was cut off.

“No, I know you didn’t cheat on him,” Leah said tiredly. “He told me the truth ages ago.”

“Well then you know that I always did love him. And he loves me. We can’t help that.”

“Clare, this time a week ago he was besotted with Amanda! It hasn’t been long enough for him to get over her. You know I consider us friends – I’m saying this for your sake.”

“Peter loves me,” Clare said simply. “End of story. I’m going to go, before Dan completely blows his top. Ask Pete to call me later?”

“Sure …” Leah said, sighing, and Clare left.

“Hey! Dad!” Drew shouted a while later, as he saw Peter walking along the path beside the park looking agitated. Pete saw him and made his way over quickly.

“Mate, you haven’t seen Clare or Dan anywhere, have you?” he asked anxiously.

“No, not since we left you guys arguing. Why, where d’you reckon they are?”

“That’s just it, I have no idea! Clare left and told Leah to get me to call her; I guess the arguing made her uncomfortable. Dan stormed out when I told him I wouldn’t stop seeing her. I tried calling – both of them – but so far, nothing. I’m worried Clare’s gone home.”

“What – back to the city?” Drew asked, shocked, and Peter nodded.

“Right, come on, let’s go find her then.”

“I just have this horrible feeling Dan’s scared her off,” Peter said in the car. He and Drew had dropped Ryan and VJ off home and were on the way back to the city.

“You really do care about her, don’t you?” Drew asked his dad, watching him.

“Yeah, I do, mate,” Peter said, sighing. “I love her. I can’t lose her; not again.”

“Hey, what’s that?!” Drew asked suddenly, pointing to the roadside where a car had seemingly crashed into a tree. Peter pulled over quickly, jumping out of his own car. He knew who that other one belonged to …

“Dan!” he shouted as he ran off to the side of the road. Drew followed him looking terrified. Peter fought through branches and all sorts to get to his brother, finally wrenching open the driver’s side door and dragging him out. No pulse.

“Drew, call an ambulance!” Peter shouted, rolling Dan onto his back and beginning compressions. In the background he heard Drew calling an ambulance, but his voice seemed distant and vague. All that mattered was Dan – his little brother.

“Come on, Dan,” he muttered as he tried to get him breathing again. “Come on!”

Promo:

Will Dan survive?

:o You can't leave it like that! :P

Great long chapter, what i like to see! :D

I really enjoyed the chat with Clare Drew and Peter, was Dan worrying over nothing lol because Clare didn't cheat on him and it sounds like Pete is closer to Leah than Dan because he told her and not him.

Poor Dan. :( Hope he survives. Can't wait for more.

Interesting cliffhanger.... Dan can't die... He needs to be there to keep Peter in line and argue with him whenever necessary. Altho, if he did die, then Peter won't find out the truth. Sigh, so complicated.... :lol:

Right, it was really awesome. I loved it. I think the entire argument was such a huge crack up. It was funny.

Great job, you guys. :D

Teasers :)

“I’m sorry Dan” Pete said as he quickly left the room leaving Leah and Drew crying by Dan’s bedside.

Amanda sat on her sofa thinking about Pete, how she her life was 3 months ago, she was happy living with Pete. Starting a life together talking about the future.

The more she thought the more determined she was to go and find Pete, telling him there is a chance he could be the father of the baby.

Archived