Out Of Control!

Guest Lilone

Geez, maybe Amanda's dying. *hopes*

Aw, Pete loves Clare.... He's such an idiot sometimes... Messes up, hurts people, then runs away and then goes and does more stupid things like commit suicide....

Ah well, update soon. Let's see what stupid thing Pete's got himself involved in again.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol okay guys, here's chapter 6! :)

Chapter 6

Peter didn’t even know where he was going, and somehow it didn’t seem to matter. As long as he went somewhere nobody would find him – not Drew, not Dan, not Clare, and especially not Amanda. As if she’d even be looking for him. She didn’t care about him – she never had. And it killed him that he was suffering this much over her. And then there was Clare. She couldn’t possibly still love him; have forgiven him …

He eventually stopped walking about half an hour later, and found himself outside the city headquarters. His feet must have carried him there – he had spent enough time in that office block to last him a lifetime. But then again …

Making a split-second decision, he veered to his left and entered the building on nothing more than a whim. He bolted up to the fifteenth floor, taking the stairs two at a time. He then made his way along to where Clare’s office was, in Homicide. It was still the same one, thankfully. He entered it, hoping nobody had seen him, and bolted the door. Nobody would find him here …

“No, thanks for checking,” Clare said, hanging up on the man in the pub. So Peter hadn’t collected his car yet. That didn’t mean there was a problem. But somehow, after the way he had run out of there, she just knew something was wrong. She had watched him from the window on the phone – she didn’t know who to, but something had upset him, more so than he had already been. And maybe it was intuition, or maybe it was something else, but she had a feeling he shouldn’t be alone right now.

“One every four hours …” Peter read aloud from the back of the bottle of pills he had found in Clare’s desk drawer – the strong headache tablets she had been prescribed during the Stalker case, because of those migraines she used to get. The bottle was almost full. She would never notice if he took them – she obviously hadn’t been using them in a while anyway. And at least this way it would be relatively quick – these things were strong enough to knock out an elephant, Clare had told him. He pulled the bottle from its box and left the office, ducking his head so as not to be recognised on the way out.

“Senior Detective Brody. What? In my office? No, uh, I’ll be right there,” Clare said, hanging up on her colleague. She was never going to find Peter this way anyway. She turned the car around quickly, making her way towards the tall office complex where she and Peter had used to work together. Before everything had gone wrong.

“So, what should we do for dinner tonight?” Belle asked Amanda. “Takeaway?”

“Uh, anything you want,” replied Amanda distractedly. How could everything have gotten so out of control? How could she have let it get this far? Her life was never going to be the same again. And she had nobody but herself to blame, either, which made it worse.

“Mum, are you okay?” Belle asked worriedly, coming into the living room where Amanda had been sitting daydreaming for ages now. “You don’t seem yourself.”

“No, darling, I’m fine,” Amanda lied. The truth was, she hadn’t been all right for a while now. And today kept getting worse – she was beginning to feel strangely light-headed …

“Did you see who it was?” Clare asked, checking that none of her files had gone missing.

“No, not for sure,” answered the receptionist John, hesitantly. “But a few people who saw him better than I did thought he looked quite like your ex-boyfriend, Peter …”

“What?!” Clare tore out of the building as fast as she could. He had been here, and she had missed him. Fool!

But it wasn’t long before she found him, because when she left the station, she knew exactly the first place she was going to look. And he was there. Depressing as it was, she found him in the cemetery just up the hill from the station. Standing over a freshly dug grave, looking into it. He didn’t even hear her approach. And then she saw it – the bottle of pills lying on the ground. It was empty.

“Oh my God – what the hell have you done?!” she cried, grabbing the bottle.

“Relax, I didn’t take anything,” Peter said, sighing heavily. Clare straightened.

“But, the bottle –” she started, and he pointed into the grave. It was full of pills. She let out a great sigh of relief and pocketed the bottle.

“You wouldn’t really do that, would you? You wouldn’t want to kill yourself?”

“I thought I did. I thought I could do it. But it turns out, in spite of having nothing to live for, I still can’t quite seem to summon the energy to die, either.”

“You have me,” Clare said softly. Peter looked up at her, and she slipped her hand into his, interlocking her fingers with his own. “Let’s go back to my place and talk.”

“Yeah, that sounds great,” he agreed, and let her lead him off of the hilltop.

Drew was out; Leah was working; the boys were with Stella. It wasn’t often Dan had the house to himself. He had just lain back to enjoy it, although there was still a niggle at the back of his mind about Pete, when the phone rang. He groaned aloud and picked up.

“Dan Baker,” he said grudgingly into the receiver.

“Dan, it’s me, Belle!” came the frantic reply. “You’ve got to come quickly! Mum’s collapsed!”

Promo:

Will Amanda survive?

Do Pete and Clare rekindle their relationship?

What will Dan’s reaction be to Amanda’s shock news?

Great chapter. :) I really enjoyed it!

So i was right! :P He did empty out the bottle i knew he wouldn't take any!

I wonder what's wrong with Amanda, somehow i don't think Dan will be that bothered :P, i'm guessing she'll survive... just. As dying is the easy way out of guilt :P.

I also think Pete and Clare will get back together, which would be such a suprise! :rolleyes:

Teaser:

“What about last year?” asked Clare, sitting next to Pete on the bench.

“Last year, the time in my life that I knew my love was strong for you.”

“I never stop thinking about us Pete. When I was with you, I felt the excitement ripping through my body everyday of the week; the passion we shared … it was amazing.”

Right, good chapter. Loved the whole Peter/Clare scene... Somehow, I really wished Peter had taken the pills and ended up in hospital just like Amanda. :P

Well, let's hope the woman dies... Altho, I'm intrigued how this will work out because one author is a Panda fan and the other is a Clete fan.... :D

Love the teaser. Making me all happy about Clete and their past. Stupid Peter. :P

Archived