Regrets

Guest >>Emma<<

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New chapter here, as promised!

Chapter 8

Jack and Martha got back quite late that evening. Both of them were quite tired. Martha wasn’t feeling too good either, so she decided to go straight to bed.

“I’ll see you in the morning Jack” Martha put her jacket on the chair. “Thanks for a great evening, I really appreciate it” Martha smiled.

“Sleep well. Tonight was really fun, I’m glad you enjoyed it” Jack went over to her.

“I did, but I’m feeling really tired so I’m just going to go to bed” Martha walked off. She knew that if she didn’t go to bed now, then she would end up giving into temptation.

“So close” Jack said aloud. He knew that she wasn’t far from giving in. Once Martha had gone to bed, Jack found that he was rather bored, but he was grateful that she hadn’t brought up him staying in the house. He decided that the best thing to do was to go to bed, and see how she was the next morning.

---

The next morning Martha still wasn’t feeling better, she had decided to go and see a doctor, although she was pretty sure it was just food poisoning.

“Morning, how are you feeling?” Jack asked as he saw Martha coming down the stairs.

“Rubbish, you?”

“I’m pretty good, what can I do to make you feel better?” Jack said

“Well I’m going to go and see Ollie later on today, and then after that I’m going to talk to the Doctor, I’m pretty sure its just food poisoning but I want to make sure” Martha replied.

“Do you want me to cook you some breakfast?”

“No, I couldn’t stomach it”

Later that day

Martha was on her way to see Ollie and Becky. More Ollie, she didn’t really want to have to put up with Becky going on about Jack, how he was a piece of trash, and how she should leave him for good.

“Hey Martha, let me guess here to see Ollie. I knew you couldn’t stay away from him for more than a day” Becky let Martha in.

“Is Ollie upstairs?” Martha asked ignoring Becky’s previous comment.

“Yeah, but he saw you arrive so he’ll come down in a minute, but do you want a coffee?”

“Yeah that would be great, thanks”

“So what did you do last night?” Becky asked

“Oh Jack took me out, to that new restaurant in Yabbie Creek, but I’m not feeling too good”

“That restaurant is so expensive, someone is really pulling out all the stops aren’t they”

“Well I had a really good time, it was a shame I wasn’t feeling too good at the end.” Martha said

“I know you’re on a break, but it really is so obvious that you still love him” Becky commented.

“Can you really tell that easily?” Martha asked

“Yes, that easily, anyone can see” Becky laughed.

“Do you think he knows that?”

“Of course, and I hate to say it, but he loves you too” Becky handed Martha her coffee.

“I’m going to have to talk to him again about all of this, but before any of that where is Ollie?” Martha asked again.

“I’m here!” Ollie exclaimed.

---

Martha was now on the way to the Hospital, she wasn’t feeling too bad now but she still wanted to get it all checked out. She had phoned up Rachel earlier and made an appointment.

She walked up to the desk where Rachel was standing chatting to Julie.

“Hey Martha, come through” Rachel said as soon as she saw Martha.

“Thanks for seeing me so quickly, I’m pretty sure its just food poisoning, but I just want to make sure.”

“Ok, we’ll just run some routine tests and see if we can find out if that’s the problem” Rachel smiled.

---

Rachel came back in with the results. Martha wasn’t too nervous at all because she was pretty sure it was just food poisoning.

“Ok Martha we’ve got the results, I’m pleased to say that it’s good news I think.”

“Come on Rach, just tell me”

“Martha, you’re pregnant”

“Crap! You’re kidding me right?” Martha exclaimed.

“No I’m not joking about this Martha” Rachel laughed, thinking that it was Martha who was joking around.

“Ok, I’ve got to go, thanks for seeing me, see ya” Martha raced out, this couldn’t be happening to her. Not now, this could be the worst thing to happen to her, but she couldn’t get rid of it, that was not an option. She had to go and tell Jack.

---

“Jack, you home?” Martha called out throwing her keys on the table.

“Yeah, I’m here” Jack walked in.

“I need to talk to you” Martha said seriously

“I need to talk to you as well, I had an interesting conversation with your sister after you’d left her house” Jack smiled.

“Ok, talk quickly” Martha replied

“Well she rang me up, with your best interests at heart and she told me that you want to get back together” Jack said happily.

“She actually rang you up, just to tell you that I want to get back together?” Martha asked surprised.

“Yeah, and about Ollie as well, it kind of just slipped into conversation. So you do want to get back together then?” Jack asked

“Let me tell you this first”

“Ok, go ahead” Jack said, he didn’t know what to expect.

“Fine, I’m pregnant” Martha replied, looking at Jack’s blank face. “I’m not being funny Jack if that’s what you were about to say. So what are you thinking, because I’m telling you now I’m not getting rid of it” Martha finished, still no expression from Jack.

Preview

What is Jack's reaction

I know what you're all thinking, Emma made Martha pregnant - again! :P But it's not all smooth sailing :P

Archived