Regrets

Guest >>Emma<<

You made her miscarry her baby! :( How could you! *cries*

And Marthas having to deal with it herself aswell, Jackys not there and stupid Becky isnt either!

Poor Martha, and Jacks gunna be crushed when he finds out.

That was sad! :(

I noticed you wrote you wanted to put in some JnM fluff! Please do! It would be greatfully recieved :D

Update soon, great chapter :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really sorry I haven't updated in a while. Really really sorry.

My SATs have just started (oh the joy! :rolleyes: ) But luckily they only take up this week, so after I think I'll probably have more time on my hands i.e. no revision. Whether you look forward to the update is a different story...but I promise there will be an update soon.

Once again I apologise for a) not telling you about not updating and b) not updating.

There shall be one in the near future. :)

:o Ok, so I just triple posted. Never done that before. I didn't even know you could do that! Shocking. (Thanks for deleting them :P)

• 2 weeks later...

New chapter. It's a filler so be warned, it's not exactly good. I want to try and finish this soon, so I hope there won't be too many chapters left.

Thanks to Amz for proofing again! :)

Chapter 16

Nothing could have made Martha’s day better, not even seeing Jack. The pain of losing your own child couldn’t be explained unless you can felt it yourself. People could say they knew how she felt, but no one did. She felt numb, there was a piece of her heart missing, and it could never be replaced. She was going to have to tell everyone about it aswell, without Jack by her side. Her phone started to ring. She was about to answer it when a nurse approached her.

“I’m sorry, but can you please switch that mobile phone off” She said whilst pointing to a sign. Martha sighed, nothing was going right today. As Jack was asleep before hand she thought she better go and see if he was awake now. Approaching the room she could hear Rachel talking to him.

“How long have you had your headache, Jack?” She asked.

“A while, I can’t really remember” Jack replied, sounding like he was in pain.

“Okay, well I’m going to do some more tests. The results will be here within 2 to 3 days, then we’ll know for sure why you’re feeling like this” Rachel smiled before leaving the room bumping into Martha on her way out. “Oh sorry Martha, didn’t see you there. Jack’s awake now, and I’m sure he’d love to see you.” Rachel said before quickly walking off to see another patient.

“Thanks,” Martha said quietly to herself.

“Mummy, I want to see Daddy!” Ollie exclaimed.

“Okay, but quieten down, we’re in a hospital Ollie” Martha snapped, she didn’t mean to snap at him, but in her frame of mind right now she couldn’t help what came out of her mouth.

---

Martha had been in with Jack for a little under half an hour, she wasn’t really paying attention to what he was saying, more thinking about how she was going to tell him that their baby was dead.

“Jack” she interrupted him.

“Yes? What is it Martha? You don’t seem yourself” Jack asked in a worried tone.

“There’s no easy way for me to tell you this,” Martha started looking over to Ollie who was playing with some toys at the end of Jack’s bed.

“Just say it Martha, I’m not going to hate you, unless you’re leaving me” Jack joked, but he could tell from the serious look on Martha’s face that it wasn’t appropriate.

“I…I lo..lost the ba..baby” Martha stuttered. Jack had no words to say; nothing could explain what he was feeling. This wasn’t meant to happen, they were meant to be one big happy family. “Do you hate me?” Martha asked, not really wanting to hear the answer.

“No.” Jack said rather unconvincingly. “I think you should go, I’m feeling rather tired, and Ollie’s being rather loud” Jack tried to make excuses. Ollie was blatantly sat at the end of the bed in complete silence.

“I’ll come and see you tomorrow” Martha stood up, went over to Ollie and picked him up then left, quickly. ‘Why did you do that you idiot?’ Jack cursed himself. ‘You’ve probably just jeopardised everything.’ He rolled over onto his side and closed his eyes, trying to get to sleep.

“Jack…”

---

Martha unlocked the door, letting Ollie run and turn the TV on. Soon the sound of the Wiggles could be heard throughout the house. Martha went towards the wine rack. ‘Well now that I’m not pregnant may aswell drink’ she thought. She got a glass down from the cupboard and quickly poured a glass.

“Mummy…” Ollie yelled

“What is it sweetie?” Martha asked, she had to act normal around him.

“I’m thirsty!”

“And what exactly would you like me to do about that?” Martha walked over to him.

“Can I have a drink pleeeease?” Ollie asked.

“Well seeing as you asked so nicely, I’ll get you some juice” Martha went over to the fridge. She brought it back over to him, “What do you say?” Martha asked.

“Thank you Mummy” He grinned.

“You’re welcome” Martha smiled back. “How about you go over to Sally’s for the rest of this afternoon?” Martha asked, she needed some alone time.

“But I wanted to watch the Wiggles” Ollie frowned.

“I’m sure Sally will let you watch the Wiggles at her house. You can watch them with Pippa” Martha replied reaching for the phone. Ollie wasn’t really going to get a say in the matter.

“Hi Sal…”

---

Martha finished off another glass of wine, drowning her sorrows with alcohol wasn’t going to help but heck! What did she care? She looked over at a photo of herself, Jack and Ollie. They were so happy there, no the family was falling apart. She lifted up the wine bottle expecting some to come out, but nothing did. One bottle finished, so another one was opened.

She had told Sally all about the situation and she had agreed that it would be best if Ollie stayed with her tonight, that way, Martha could reflect on the days events and come to a decision about what was going to happen next. She then remembered the phone call earlier. She had better check who was trying to get hold of her.

As she turned on her phone, 3 new messages came through. She also had numerous missed calls, all from the same number; Becky. Martha didn’t have the energy or patience to phone her now, so it would have to wait until the morning. She wouldn’t get much sleep tonight, but it definitely wouldn’t be over her sister. She was the last thing on her mind right now, and to Martha, the less she saw of her now, the better.

She was just one more thing that would give Martha grief. Not something she wanted or needed.

Preview

I have no preview as the next chapter's not written :P

I know it's been a while and you'll probably need to read the last chapter to refresh your memory but please R&R, all comments are appreciated! :)

• 2 weeks later...

:D

Great chapter, dont no why I didnt see that before :unsure:

Anyhoo, poor Martha, and poor Jack, he really didnt handle that well did he :(

I hope you get chance to update soon, but you should get your exams out of the way first :)

Looking forward to reading more :)

• 11 months later...

Archived