Regrets

Guest >>Emma<<

Argh I'm so sorry guys, I won't be able to post the chapter until about 11 tonight. :(

I have a swimming gala and I thought I had more time but I really don't. The new chapter is nearly done and I did think about posting a teaser but decided it would be a bit cruel, plus I would lose where I was :P

Once again I'm so sorry, but an update will be up before 12.30. That I promise :)

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thankies Lora :D

I have the whole fic planned out mwa ha ha, including the ending, so I know exactly what I am going to do. Maybe killing Jack is involved, or maybe Martha gets hit by lightening!

Update being written write now....

Lightning could be good, mwahaha! Or she could get flushed down a toilet? A very large toilet! It would teach her not to use big loos wouldnt it :P

Maybe Jack could fall out of a tree? :P

Thankies Lora :D

I have the whole fic planned out mwa ha ha, including the ending, so I know exactly what I am going to do. Maybe killing Jack is involved, or maybe Martha gets hit by lightening!

Update being written write now....

Lightning could be good, mwahaha! Or she could get flushed down a toilet? A very large toilet! It would teach her not to use big loos wouldnt it :P

Maybe Jack could fall out of a tree? :P

Haha I'm liking the toilet idea, *writes down in notes*. Oh by the way everyone I'm back, and finishing off the chapter :D

Okay so it took me a little longer than expected to actually finish the chapter. I get distracted rather easily...not making excuses or anything :P

So here it is...

Chapter 14

“Martha, I’m staying, because I want to be here for you. Sure I don’t like Jack, but I would never want to wish this upon anyone.” Becky replied.

“Fine, just don’t cause any trouble ok, oh and don’t go sticking your nose in where it isn’t wanted.” Martha finished, she didn’t want to be mean to her sister but she couldn’t help it. She really annoyed her sometimes.

“Do you want a drink or anything?” Becky asked

“No, I just want to be alone with Jack. Infact I just want things to be back to the way they were, when we were happy. And in love.” Martha added, this was giving Becky some hot gossip; she really had to be careful as to what she said around her.

“You don’t love him anymore?” Becky asked shocked. She had a lot of questions today.

“No, that’s not what I mean, I just want us to be happy again. See this is what I mean, sticking your nose in where it isn’t wanted. I think you should just leave.”

“Ok, I’ll give you a call later” Becky quickly left, she didn’t want to upset Martha anymore. After Becky left Dr. Young came back in.

“Martha, I’m going to have to ask you to leave for a while, we need to run some more tests on Jack. And we need to make sure that all of the alcohol is out of his body. You will be allowed back in in about an hour” Dr Young smiled.

“Ok” Martha said deflated, she didn’t want to be away from Jack for much longer.

---

Martha was soon allowed back in. She was told that Jack would wake up soon; it was just a matter of time. The alcohol was now completely out of his body, but they were still assessing what drug, or extra alcohol was put in the wine that caused the coma. Martha held Jack’s hand again, it was then that she realised a cut on his arm. It looked quite red around it; she thought that she would just check that it was all ok, but that could wait until later.

She looked down at Jack, his eyes were moving a bit. ‘Finally’ Martha thought. She debated whether or not staying with Jack whilst he woke up, or getting Dr. Young would be the best idea. This decision was rather hard, Jack’s safety, or her own happiness. She decided Jack’s safety would be a better choice, she could be happy after he was safe. She quickly went up the desk and asked for Dr. Young.

“I’m sorry Martha, but he’s in with another patient right now, is there any specific reason why you need him?” Rachel asked.

“Yes, I think Jack is waking up” Martha smiled.

“Well, I’ll page Dr Young, but for the time being I’ll come and see Jack and make sure he is alright.” Rachel smiled back, she was glad that Martha might have some happiness. They quickly went into Jack’s room; his eyes were open much to Martha’s delight.

“Hey Jack, it’s Rachel, you’re at the hospital.” Rachel spoke to him slowly. “And Martha’s here”

“Martha” He reached out his hand to hers. She happily took his. It was then that Rachel noticed the cut.

“That looks sore Jack, I’ll get Dr. Young to take a look at that when he gets here.” Rachel said, a frown on her face. Martha noticed this and didn’t like it one bit.

“Is everything ok Rach?” She asked.

“Yep, everything is fine. Dr Young’s here now, so I’ll let him take over” Rachel replied, and with that she left.

---

Martha was enjoying spending time with Jack alone, although that would all be gone soon as Beth was bringing Ollie in. Martha had quizzed Jack over and over again about the alcohol and where he got it from, but he just couldn’t remember, much to his annoyance. He wanted to know how he actually ended up in hospital and who was to blame for it. Martha smiled at him.

“I love you. I love everything about you, and that gorgeous smile of yours” Jack said to her. He was now fully awake.

“Ok, that came out of the blue” Martha laughed.

“I’m serious Martha, I love you so much. I just want you to know that” Jack replied.

“And I love you too. We’re having another baby together. As soon as you’re out of here, our life will be just perfect” Martha said. Jack just smiled at her. A certain young boy soon interrupted their heart to heart…

“Daddy” He came running in.

“Hey smurf, how are you?” Jack asked.

“I’m sorry but what is with the name smurf?” Martha asked

“Don’t know, it’s just cute, like him.” Jack replied.

“I’m going to get a drink, leave you two to talk” Martha stood up and quickly left.

---

“Jack please, after everything you said today” Martha cried.

“I’m sorry Martha, but I don’t love you anymore, please I didn’t mean to hurt you, it just happened. I’m so sorry. I really hope we can be friends for Ollie’s sake” Jack replied.

“No, you leave my life, you leave his. I never want to see you again” Martha said.

“It’s not fair on Ollie, please.”

“Jack you’ve made your decision, now stick with it. Like I said before, you leave my life, then you leave his. If this is it, well goodbye….”

Martha woke up startled. ‘Thank God it was all a dream’ she thought. It seemed all too real for her. She was sure Jack loved her, but that made it seem so unreal and made up. Now she felt insecure, she felt like he was hiding something from her, like he knew where he got the wine from, he just wasn’t going to tell her. Then she started thinking what if the wine was really meant for her. What if someone was really trying to hurt her, maybe even kill her, they had just forgotten she was pregnant, or maybe they didn’t even know.

‘This is ludicrous’ she thought. Why would someone want to kill her? She thought back, she had made no real enemies in her life. Sure there was the odd ex-boyfriend that was in love with her, but the feeling weren’t returned, but nothing major. She checked her clock. 3.01 a.m. It was at times like this she wanted Jack there beside her, telling her that everything would be ok. She thought what Jack would do if he was there. He would smile at her, and tell her everything was ok, that it was all just a dream.

She drank some water and the told herself exactly what Jack would have said. It’s all a dream. Then she thought about his smile. That reassuring smile, that just wanted to make you smile back.

Martha soon drifted back into a deep slumber thinking of that smile…

Preview

Is Jack really alright, I mean I haven't killed him yet, but will I do it soon?

Once again I think the song has nothing to do with the chapter, I just heard it and felt like putting it in :P

Gnarls Barkley – Smiley Faces

What did you do? What did you say?

Did you walk - or did you run away?

Where are you now? Where have you been?

Did you go alone - or did you bring a friend?

I need to know this - cause I notice when you're smilin'

Out in the sun havin' fun and you're feelin' free

And I can tell you know how hard this life can be

But you keep on smilin' for me

What went right? What went wrong?

Was it the story - or was it the song?

Was it overnight - or did it take you long?

Was knowing your weakness what made you strong?

Or all the above - oh how I love to see you smilin'

And oh yeah - take a little pain just in case

You need something warm to embrace

To help you put on a smilin' face

Hey, put on a smilin' face

Don't you go off into the new day with any doubt

Here's a summary of somethin' that you could smile about:

Say for instance, my girlfriend she bugs me all the time

But the irony of it all is that she loves me all the time

I want to be you - whenever I see you smilin'

Cause it's easily one of the hardest things to do

Your worries and fears become your friends

And they end up smilin' at you

Put on a smilin' face

Please comment.

Emma, remmeber you kill Jack, and your in trouble. Also, Martha you have nothing to worry about, Jack loves you and only you, right Emma??? Great chapter. Im glad his awake.

More please :D

Tasha your right...Emma you will be in trouble if Jack dies...update soon that was a great chapter...x

Archived