Regrets

Guest >>Emma<<

Thanks for all of your comments!

I'd actually forgotten what that chapter was about because I wrote it so long ago! So I thought for your comments to make sense I should read it again...LOL

I'm going to give myself a bit of time to update, so I'm going to say within the next 4 days, I think that will be long enough!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Emma, update soon :D I'll have to read the previous chapter, 'cause i have no idea whats going on :P

Pahahahahaha...i didnt even know you updated and i posted a comment :P Well that was a great chapter. Im glad theyre together and that bathroom scene was soooo cute. Jacky is sooo clueless its hot :wub:

More more more please please please :D

:o Yes you're not seeing things, I have updated twice in 2 days!

This chapter is for Tiffy :), for being...Tiffy :P Oh and thanks for Becky for proofing

Chapter 12

It was early next morning, and Martha had just woken up. She thought back to the night before with Jack. Their ‘date’ was wonderful; she enjoyed every minute of it. She was so out of it she didn’t realise Ollie had just wondered in; he was probably looking for some breakfast. Ollie climbed onto the bed and lay in between Jack and Martha.

“Daddy I’m hungry” He complained shaking Jack’s body, which was still in a deep slumber. “Daddy” He said again in a whiney voice.

“Ollie come on, I’ll get you some breakfast” Martha said slipping out of a trance. “What do you want? Weetabix?”

“Yeah! Weetabix!” Ollie exclaimed. Martha took one last look at Jack before heading downstairs. She noticed how his head was almost on the beside table. He slept funnily.

---

Martha came back upstairs with Ollie; she was going to wake Jack up so that he could get him ready this morning. He had to be in pre-school in 1 hour. Plenty of time if you were Martha, pushing the boundaries if you were Jack. She went in and he was still asleep. Usually Jack would have woken up when Ollie came and jumped on their bed.

“Jack” She went and bent down next to him. He didn’t wake up. “Jack don’t play the sleeping act today, I actually have things to do, and so do you” Martha said believing that he was pretending to be asleep. “I’ll be back in 10 minutes and if you’re not up there will be trouble” Martha walked out to get Ollie ready.

“Come on Ollie, lets get you ready” Martha said with a sigh taking Ollie’s hand and leading him out.

10 minutes later

Martha walked back in and found Jack asleep. She now wasn’t annoyed just worried. Usually Jack would have given up on this game by now, plus he had work after he dropped Ollie off. She decided that the best thing to do would be to phone Rachel.

“Hey Rach, it’s me Martha” She said down the phone. “Unfortunately this isn’t a social call, I’m worried about Jack, he won’t wake up, nothing will work. What should I do?” Martha asked.

“Well I’m free right now, so I’ll come and see him if you want, establish exactly what the problem is.” Rachel replied.

“That’s great, thanks so much Rach. I’ll leave the door open for you, come straight up to our room” Martha hung up the phone. Hopefully Jack would be alright.

---

Rachel got there pretty quickly; she went straight up like Martha said. Jack was there lying on the bed, asleep, well not awake.

“Hey Martha.” Rachel smiled

“Hey” Martha replied.

“Just remind me again what the problem is” Rachel said looking at Jack.

“He just won’t wake up. It’s like he’s in a coma or something. I didn’t know what to do so I figured the smartest thing to do would be to call you.”

“Ok, well I’ll just do a quick check, and then we will decide what to do”

“Is it ok if I just finish getting Ollie ready, I’ll be back in like 5 mins.” Martha walked out to find Ollie whom she had left playing with his toys.

“Where’s Daddy?” Ollie asked. “He’s meant to be taking me”

“Daddy’s not very well, so Mummy is taking you today, so come on, lets finish getting you ready, you’re painting today remember, so we’ll have to make sure you wear some clothes that can get messy” Martha replied picking him up. “What’s your favourite colour?” Martha asked

“Red!” Ollie replied.

“Let’s hope they have some red paint then” Martha laughed, she had to keep things normal for Ollie’s sake but inside she was terrified about Jack.

---

Martha had just finished getting Ollie ready, so she went back in with him into her room. Rachel had just finished and she didn’t seem to have a happy smile on her face.

“Martha, we need to get Jack to hospital, it seems he is in some sort of coma. He needs to be properly examined.” Rachel said

“Erm…sure, let me just…erm…phone Beth, she can look after Ollie” Martha said fumbling about trying to find the phone that Ollie had probably been playing with. This was such a shock to her; she didn’t expect him to be fine, but a coma!? She quickly rang up Beth, to ask if it was ok for her to take Ollie to nursery and pick him up. Beth said it was fine and that she could drop Ollie off straight away. Rachel had called for an ambulance; it would arrive soon, giving Martha enough time to drop Ollie off. “I’ll be right back Rach, just dropping Ollie off at Beth’s” Martha yelled to Rachel.

---

By the time Martha got back the ambulance had arrived and Jack was being taken outside. Luckily Martha was allowed to travel with Jack in the ambulance. She was trying to think of what could have caused Jack to slip into a coma; it was not as if he had any illnesses, or anything that she knew of. Jack had kept things from her in the past, Martha had believed he had changed but this could just prove that he hadn’t.

As soon as they arrived at the hospital Jack got wheeled away straight away, leaving Martha to feel more alone than ever. The pale hospital walls and the cream chairs didn’t help Martha to feel a warm ambience; instead she felt the complete opposite, loneliness, pain, and heartache. This was the place where her whole life could be taken away from her. Yesterday, it was nearly her baby and today it was Jack. Who would be next? Ollie? The thought didn’t even bear thinking about.

Martha was starting to regret the decision to still send Ollie to nursery today. She wanted someone there with her, Ollie was the one person who could make her happy at any time, make her smile on the inside even when she felt like disappearing. She thought about ringing Beth and asking her to bring him down, but then she had to think how Ollie would feel. Would he want to be there?

She was waiting for Tony and Luc to arrive; Beth had said she would tell them when they got back from the beach. Like most mornings they had gone for an early surf. She just wished that there was someone else there with her, to share the pain that she was feeling. This couldn’t be happening to her. She had only just got Jack back, now was she just about to lose him again?

She had been there 30 minutes and Tony and Luc still hadn’t arrived. She sat waiting patiently for someone to tell her something, anything. To take her mind off it she was trying to calculate exactly what time Tony would arrive. But just thinking about Tony, made her think about Jack. Deep down she cared about Jack so much. Ollie was her world, but only Jack could be there for her, supporting her through everything.

She needed him, but at the moment he needed her more. She wished things could go back to how they were in the beginning; happy carefree, deeply in love. Sure they were in love, but as soon as they got over something, another thing happened. Why couldn’t they just go back to how they were…?

Lily Allen – Littlest Things

Sometimes I find myself sittin' back and reminiscing

Especially when I have to watch other people kissin'

And I remember when you started callin' me your miss's

All the play fightin', all the flirtatious disses

I'd tell you sad stories about my childhood

I dont why I trusted you but I knew that I could

We'd spend the whole weekend lying in our own dirt

I was just so happy in your boxers and your t-shirt

Dreams, Dreams

Of when we had just started things

Dreams of you and me

It seems, It seems

That I can't shake those memories

I wonder if you have the same dreams too.

The littlest things that take me there

I know it sounds lame but its so true

I know its not right, but it seems unfair

That the things are reminding me of you

Sometimes I wish we could just pretend

Even if for only one weekend

So come on, Tell me

Is this the end?

Drinkin' tea in bed

Watching DVD's

When I discovered all your dirty grotty magazines

You take me out shopping and all we'd buy is trainers

As if we ever needed anything to entertain us

the first time that you introduced me to your friends

and you could tell I was nervous, so you held my hand

when I was feeling down, you made that face you do

no one in the world that could replace you

Dreams, Dreams

Of when we had just started things

Dreams of me and you

It seems, It seems

That I can't shake those memories

I wonder if you feel the same way too

The littlest things that take me there

I know it sounds lame but its so true

I know its not right, but it seems unfair

That the things remind me of you

Sometimes I wish we could just pretend

Even if for only one weekend

So come on, Tell me

Is this the end?

Preview

What is the cause of Jack's coma? Jack dies Will Jack die?

I'm not too sure if the song really goes with it, but hey, I was listening to it whilst I was writing this and thought I may aswell just put it in, I think it has some similarities to the chapter...maybe.

Oh and Jack may die, I haven't decided yet, it depends whether or not it would fit in with the storyline I had planned. Anyways we will see...

Please comment :)

Archived