Regrets

Guest >>Emma<<

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do not fear I am back! :P

Hmm...I was a little irresponsible not posting a little note or anything, I kept telling myself I should have, but as per usual I left my packing until last minute. I think I have already written the next chapter, so it should be up today, if not I will make it my top priority and a chapter will be up today. :)

Hmm...I have decided that I really need to stop saying that I will updated that day and then not updating. From now on I will take you all by surprise and just write it, spur of the moment kind of thing!

Chapter 11

“Rachel what’s wrong?” Martha asked watching Dr Young’s eyes scan the screen.

“Can I just talk to you for a minute” Dr Young went over into the corner with Rachel. Martha and Jack tried to listen to what they were saying. All they could hear was, ‘I’m convinced’ and ‘shall I tell them or you?’ Rachel then finally came over.

“Ok, after having a little talk with Dr Young we have come to the conclusion that your baby is fine. But we want you to come in in a couple of weeks.”

“Are you sure our baby is fine?” Martha asked

“Yes, we are. It is fine. Dr Young has just gone to get you the picture. If you go the desk he’ll give it to you out there” Rachel smiled.

“Ok, thanks Rach. We’ll see you in two weeks then” Jack took Martha’s hand and led her out. He was surprised that she didn’t pull away. They got the picture off Dr Young and then headed out to the car.

“I’m so glad you were there with me” Martha said

“I’m glad I was there for you”

“I would have completely broken down with worry if you weren’t there with me. I really appreciate” Martha kissed Jack’s cheek. After that there was no conversation. This was definitely an awkward silence.

“Jack” Martha finally spoke, “I’ve known this for a while now, I just haven’t told you. I still love you, and I want to get back with you” Martha smiled, she was pretty sure that Jack would be happy.

“That is the best thing ever, now we can be a proper family”

“You know Becky said she’d mind Ollie for the whole afternoon, maybe we could do something” Martha suggested.

“Sure” Jack replied “It’s a good job I changed the sheets recently”

“Oh my god! Holden you have such a dirty mind! I was more thinking go down to the beach” Martha laughed

“I knew that, I was just saying that it’s a good job I changed the sheets” Jack tried to dig himself out of a hole.

“Sure” Martha replied unconvinced “Now come on, I want to go swimming”

“Fine, let’s go” Jack pulled into the drive; they quickly went inside and got their beach stuff.

2 Hours Later

Jack and Martha had just got back from the beach. They had to go and get Ollie in an hour.

“I’m just going to have a shower” Martha said.

“Maybe I’ll come and join you” Jack whispered in her ear.

“Maybe, depends if I lock the door or not” Martha laughed.

“I bet you won’t”

“Oh really, how much?” Martha asked

“I bet you a fiver that you wont lock the door!”

“Ok, deal. Come up in 5 minutes and see if its locked” Martha walked off. 5 minutes later Jack walked up the stairs, the bathroom door was shut. The shower was on, but Martha wasn’t in it. She was sitting against the door waiting to hear Jack say something. He tried to open the door but to his surprise it was locked.

“Martha open the door. I know you want me in there with you” Jack said

“I wouldn’t be so sure” Martha replied

“Martha open the door. You wouldn’t do this to the man you love” Jack stammered.

“Try me, now I’m just going to have my shower. Have fun on the other side of the door.” Martha laughed.

“Oh I will” Jack said. Quietly Martha unlocked the door waiting to see how long it would be before Jack realised that it was actually unlocked. 2 minutes later, he still hadn’t realised, so she decided that she would just have her shower now. On the other side of the door Jack was sitting down waiting for Martha to open the door. He spent the next five minutes thinking about how he could convince Martha to open the door. Nothing. Martha had nearly finished her shower now, and she was surprised that Jack hadn’t tried the door again. She was now out of the shower and went over to the door. She had left the shower on for Jack. She slowly turned the handle and then quickly pulled the door back. Jack suddenly fell back onto the bathroom floor.

“You know I unlocked the door about 10 minutes ago” Martha told him.

“You did?” Jack asked confussed.

“Yes I did. Shower’s free” Martha walked into her room. Jack followed her.

“I’m not having a shower. It’s no fun if you’re not there” Jack pouted.

“Aww baby, I promise I will make it up to you sometime. I promise. But we’ve got to get Ollie, so please just have a shower” Martha kissed him.

“Fine, but you gotta make it up to me. I won’t be long” Jack kissed Martha back.

“So immature” Martha muttered.

---

“Night night, sleep tight” Martha had just put Ollie to bed. Jack was making some food downstairs. He would probably go up and see Ollie in a minute. As Martha went downstairs, the phone started to ring.

“Martha can you get that, I’m just going to say goodnight to Ollie” Jack said

“Sure” Martha went to pick up the phone. “Hello”

“Hey, its me” Becky said

“Hey Becky, did Ollie leave something behind?” Martha asked

“Nope, I was just phoning to ask you how and when you and Jack got back together?” Becky giggled

“Oh I see, because you didn’t get the chance to talk to me at your house, you decided that on the phone was better.” Martha replied. “Well I know that you really want to know but you’ve called at the wrong time. Jack and me are just about to have some food. I’ll call you tomorrow and tell you everything.” Martha tried to get out of it.

“Ok, talk to you tomorrow sis” Becky hung up.

“Do I get you all to myself now?” Jack asked coming down the stairs.

“You sure do. So Mr Holden what is on the menu tonight?” Martha giggled.

“This” Jack pulled Martha into the kitchen. Jack had re-created their first date. It looked amazing.

“Jack why have you done all of this?” Martha asked shocked.

“Because today we got back together, and we saw our baby” Jack kissed her. “I love you”

“I love you too” Martha replied

Preview

There is no preview because I haven't written the next chapter yet Is Martha's baby really really alright?

Finally posted it, so please comment :)

Yay! You updated! That was such a cute chapter! :wub: And funny too :D

How funny was Jack waiting outside the door like an idiot! :lol:

Men really are stupid! :lol: Well, not all men (dont want to dig myself a hole there do i!)

Im glad there back together. But im slightly concerned about the baby, why did Rachel say 'shall i tell them or you', that didnt sound too good! Eek, i hope its alright.

looking forward to the next update :)

Archived