Regrets

Guest >>Emma<<

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Jack really alright, I mean I haven't killed him yet, but will I do it soon?

:lol: Your doing this on purpose now arent you! Just to get to us and drive us all crazy!

Why would Martha dream that though! That was so random, Jack does love her. She sounds really insecure, i think Jacky needs to have a few kinds words with her and settle all her worries. :wub:

Please dont kill Jack off *begs* And whats with the cut? Why did Rachel look so worried. :unsure:

Oh man! So many questions, so little answers

Update soon, excellent chapter :)

• 1 month later...

Okay, so here's the next chapter. I felt in the creative mood tonight, so decided to finish off this chapter! Sorry it's been so long since I updated. I apologise for the shortness of the chapter also.

Thanks to Amy for proofing for me :)

Chapter 15

Martha woke up the next morning looking forward to the day ahead. Today she had another scan, she wasn’t sure whether or not Jack would be able to come, so she had invited Becky aswell. She felt guilty about yelling at her the other day in the hospital, so she thought that this would be a good way to make it up to her.

She wasn’t sure whether or not she should go in early and spend some time with Jack before the scan, or see him after. Plus she was taking Ollie with her, she didn’t know how long it would last before he got bored and wanted to go home, or to the beach. She couldn’t eat yet, the smell alone would want to make her sick and as Ollie was still asleep she decided that staying in bed was the best option.

Her phone started vibrating on the bedside table. She looked at the caller ID; it was Becky.

“Hi Becky!” Martha exclaimed, her happy mood certainly showing.

“Hey, you’re in a good mood this morning, I was just going to ask you what time the scan was today, what time do you want me to come over?” She asked

“Well the scan is at one, so I guess you could come over for lunch if you want, spend some time with Ollie” Martha replied.

“Sure that sounds great, so I’ll be over about an hour” Becky hung up.

“Crap!” Martha looked at the clock. It was 10; she didn’t think she had slept in. And she had to get Ollie up and ready. Martha was about to start a swearing fit when Ollie came in; he had just woken up. “Hey little guy. Becky’s coming over soon, so we need to get you ready to go out”

“Okay, can I have some breakfast?” He asked

“Sure, what do you want? Weetabix?” Martha said getting out of bed.

“No, toast!” Ollie ran down the stairs; he was hyper. Just great when you were planning to take him to the hospital…

---

“Hey Martha” Becky walked into the house.

“Oh hey, Ollie wants to see you, he’s just up in his room” Martha replied.

“Ok, I’ll go and see him now” Becky headed upstairs to find Ollie. She had become really close with him lately, it seemed like they had just clicked. Becky loved it though, she loved spending time with him, it was like he was her own son.

They soon made their way downstairs, where Martha was making some lunch for herself and Becky, as Ollie had quite a late breakfast, he wouldn’t be hungry yet. He would probably complain that he was starving when they got to the hospital. Just typical Ollie.

---

They had just arrived at the hospital and Martha wanted to stop in and see Jack before the scan. She hoped that he would be able to come but deep down she knew that he couldn’t. She walked into his room quietly, making sure that Ollie wasn’t making a noise, so that if Jack was asleep they wouldn’t wake him up. Sure enough he was asleep, obviously he hadn’t gotten a lot of sleep last night.

“Mummy, can I wake Daddy up?” Ollie asked with eager eyes.

“No sweetie, Daddy needs his rest. Lets go and find Rachel for 10 minutes whilst we wait for my scan. I’m sure you can play with Rach for a little while” Martha replied.

“Okay, lets go find Rach” Ollie ran off.

“I’ll go with him Martha, you have some time with Jack, even if he is asleep” Becky followed quickly; she didn’t want to lose the little boy.

---

Martha looked at the clock in the room; the only sound that could be heard was the beeping of the machines and the clocks ticking by. The eerie silence still had a somewhat calming effect on hwe, although she wished that the seconds would pass by quicker. After her scare last time at the scan, she wanted to make sure that this time everything was fine. Rachel came in with Ollie, disturbing Martha’s thoughts.

“Hey Martha, we’re running ahead a bit, so do you want to come on in now?” Rachel asked.

“Yeah, that would be great, thanks Rach.” Martha smiled.

“Oh, and Becky said to tell you that she was just on the phone and that she would be back soon. It sounded pretty important, but I’m sure she’ll be back in just a minute” Rachel added.

“Okay. So, which room am I in today?” Martha asked holding Ollie’s hand and walking towards the main corridor.

“Room 1 today, Martha.” Rachel led her in. Martha sat on the bed. To distract her insecurities about the baby she started asking Ollie whether he wanted a brother or sister…

---

Rachel studied the screen. She could see the baby clearly, but something just wasn’t right. She looked at Martha, playing with Ollie waiting for her to say that her baby wasn’t ok. She wanted a second opinion but that would just worry Martha. Better to be safe than sorry though.

“I’ll be back in just a minute Martha” Rachel headed out the room before Martha could start asking any questions. Becky still hadn’t turned up either; it was like she had disappeared off the planet.

“Rachie, Mummy’s worried” Ollie came running out.

“It’s ok Ollie, I just needed to talk to Dr. Young. Wait a minute.” She told the little boy before discretely talking to Dr. Young again. “I hate to bother you again, but it’s Martha Holden, her baby, something is just not right. I could really do with you having a look,” Rachel said quietly.

“Of course, I’ll come right now.” Dr Young headed into room 1. He sat down and looked at the screen. Immediately he knew what was wrong. He pulled Rachel over to the corner and told her.

“Oh my God. I can’t believe I didn’t think. I’ve just made things so much worse. Thank you though.” Rachel said before Dr Young left the room.

“Rachel what is it?” Martha asked.

“Martha there is no real easy way for me to say this.” Rachel hesitated.

“Tell me what?” She laughed nervously

“I'm afraid we can't find a heartbeat...”

Martha didn’t reply. The empty look on her face said it all. She needed someone there for her, but she didn’t have Jack or Becky. Just Ollie, she couldn’t cope without him, but he still wouldn’t be there for her in her hour of need. “I’ll leave you alone for a while. I’m so sorry Martha” Rachel finished before leaving the room.

“My babies dead…” Martha repeated.

Preview

Can things get worse for Martha?

I did feel pretty mean writing about her having a miscarriage, and after reading the latest spoilers I wanted to write some Jack and Martha fluff, but I'd already written half of this chapter, and I certainly wasn't going to delete it!

Please comment, all are appreciated :D

Such a shock! And a bad one at that. :(

I loved this line "he looked at Martha, playing with Ollie waiting for her to say that her baby wasn’t ok" Just screamed that it wasn't gonna be a happy chapter!

Where did Becky go? Somethings not right with that one....

Great writing, can't wait to see where you go with it, *insert nickname #684365385* :D

Yay Emma you updated! :)

Awww, poor Martha! The ending was so sad I thought that I might even cry.

Ollie is just the cuteness. That was sweet of him how he ran out to tell Rachel that Martha was worried.

Great update!

Archived