Regrets

Guest >>Emma<<

Here's the next chapter for you; enjoy :)

Chapter 2

“Mummy you promised” Ollie cried.

“I know sweetie, I know, but please don’t cry. Mummy doesn’t need this right now” Martha picked him up.

“I didn’t get to see Daddy” Ollie carried on crying. Martha realised what she had done, no matter how much she despised Jack at the moment, she couldn’t stop her little boy from seeing his Daddy.

“Ok, how about I let Daddy look after you tonight, and as he’s in the diner, you can have tea there with him” Ollie nodded, calming down a bit. “Right then, lets go back in and find him”

---

“Right, he wants to eat at the diner, I’m busy. He wants to see you; you’re here. You can look after him tonight, and get him dinner, he has to have juice tonight otherwise he will never sleep. Have him back to me by 7 o’clock. See you later handsome, have fun” Martha gave Ollie a kiss.

“Tha…” Jack started.

“Don’t talk to me, just knock on the door later, and wait until I come and get him then go” Martha explained.

“Bye Mummy” Ollie waved.

“Bye little man” Martha walked out, she was going to go home, and have a long bath, take her mind off what a mess her life had become.

At the Diner

“So what do you want to drink?” Jack asked Ollie

“A milkshake please” Ollie replied

“No, Mummy said you can’t have one, you won’t sleep”

“Please” Ollie looked hopeful. “Mummy won’t mind” he started to cry.

“Ollie, don’t cry, you can have one ok, just don’t tell Mummy” Jack said. If Martha was there, she would have taken Ollie out and told him that if he didn’t stop crying then they would go home, not spoil him just because she couldn’t cope with his crying.

“Ok” Ollie suddenly stopped.

“Right, let me go and order it” Jack stood up and went over towards the till.

---

It was 7 o’clock, and Jack was outside Martha’s door with Ollie. He knocked and waited for Martha to answer.

“Hey sweetie, did you have a good time?” Martha asked after opening the door.

“Yeah! It was fun!” Ollie squealed excitedly

“What the heck did you give him to drink?” Martha asked Jack angrily.

“A juice, like you said” Jack answered trying to cover up.

“Get lost Jack, I’ll just get it out of him, you’re such a jerk. You know you not being around has really affected Ollie, you were always working late, and he’s really missed out on his Dad. Now you go and do this and you just make it ten times worse. You know I thought we could work through our problems, and become a happy family again, but obviously not. The first opportunity you get to leave, you take it” Martha slammed the door in his face.

“Mummy why were you yelling at Daddy? Where is he going?” Ollie asked

“Daddy doesn’t live with us anymore, I’m sorry for yelling, but Daddy can be very silly sometimes” Martha tried to explain it to him but he clearly didn’t understand.

“So, is Daddy never coming back?” Ollie asked

“No, he’s not coming home again, you will see him, but he won’t come here again” Martha replied. Ollie had definitely calmed down by now and wasn’t taking the news very well. “Come on sweetie, you got to get some sleep” Martha picked him up.

“I want Daddy to put me to bed tonight” Ollie said

“Sorry, Daddy’s not going to put you to bed, Mummy is”

“But I want Daddy”

“Oliver, I am not going to give into this, now I will get you some milk, and then you are going to bed,” Martha said firmly.

“I don’t want milk”

“Fine then, you can go straight to bed, but I am not giving in”

“I want my milk” Ollie cried, with Jack he could get away with it, but with Martha it was completely different.

“Ok, lets get you some milk” Martha picked him up, he was being a real pain tonight and it was all because he spent the evening with Jack, it didn’t help that he was tired. Martha gave Ollie his beaker, and then took him upstairs. “You’re tired aren’t you?” Martha said as she put him into his bed.

“Mummy, can I sleep in your bed?” Ollie asked

“Ok then, but only tonight” Martha picked him back up. “Have you got your milk?” She asked.

“Yes” he replied sleepily.

“Good” Martha added as she walked into her room. She put him down and pulled the covers over him. She took his milk from him and watched as he closed his eyes. Even though he could be a pain sometimes, right now, he was the only thing keeping her going. Once she was sure he was asleep, she closed the door and headed back downstairs.

---

Jack was back at his apartment. It was shabby, but it was a last minute thing, and it would have to do. Martha’s words earlier had really affected him. He hadn’t realised that Martha actually wanted to work things out, he had just expected that it was over and that there was nothing he could do. Then there was Ollie; his little boy who he hardly saw anyway, and now would see him even less.

He realised that he wanted to work it out, he really did, and he just took the easy way out. From now on, all of his energy was going to be put into working things out with Martha and being a good Dad to Ollie.

He was going to do something special for her, he just didn’t know what. Tomorrow was his day off so he would go over there and try and talk to her. He only hoped that it would work.

Preview

Does Martha fall for Jack again, even after what he did?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nooooo, Martha cant fall for Jacky, his a jerk, she deserves better. She should be with someone who treats her like a princess, not trash. Jacky is a bum head <_< Great chapter. Ollie is so cute :wub: How old is he??

More please :D

Next chapter here! :)

Chapter 3

“Mummy, wake up” Ollie pushed Martha “Mummy” Ollie yelled.

“I’m awake, I’m awake” Martha replied opening her eyes. “Why do you want to wake me up anyway, I thought you were tired” Martha said.

“Door, someone’s at door” Ollie replied. Martha got up and went downstairs to see, closely followed by Ollie. She opened the door to find roses. She picked them up and looked at the card that came with them. It was from Jack; meet me down at the beach at 11, bring Ollie. She knew that it was Jack’s handwriting. Obviously he wanted to meet Ollie, but why the roses? None of this made sense, apart from the fact that she was never taking Jack back.

“Rubbish” Martha threw the flowers in the bin.

“Mummy, why in the bin?” Ollie asked, he was just didn’t understand.

“Because, the person who sent them to me, wasn’t very nice to me” Martha explained, “Now, do you want some breakfast little guy?” Martha asked him whilst picking him up.

“Soldiers, and a boiled egg with a runny middle” Ollie exclaimed.

“Ok, you sure you don’t want cereal?” Martha asked hoping that she wouldn’t have to cook.

“No soldiers” Ollie replied. After all Martha had asked him what he wanted.

“Fine” Martha sighed, she didn’t want to fight this morning, she looked at the clock, it was 9, she had slept in. That meant she had about 2 hours before she went down to the beach, not long enough to get a 2 year old ready. She looked over at him, playing with the TV remote, pressing all the buttons even though the TV wasn’t on. She decided that she had to be civil to Jack today for Ollie’s sake.

“Mummy” Ollie called clearly frustrated at the fact that it wouldn’t turn on.

“What do you want to watch?” Martha asked

“Bill and Ben” he replied.

“Ok, Martha flicked onto the right channel”

---

Martha had just cleared up Ollie’s breakfast, like usual he had managed to get filthy. It was nearly 10 o’ clock. Martha hadn’t realised it had taken her that long to get Ollie fed this morning.

“Come on, you get to see Daddy today, so we need to get you out of your pj’s and into some clothes that you can actually be seen in public in” Martha picked him up.

“But I’m watching the wiggles” Ollie complained.

“Do you want to see Daddy or not?” Martha said

“Daddy!” Ollie yelled.

“Right, you need to get changed” Martha headed upstairs into his room. “What do you want to wear today? Infact forget that question, I will decide myself, its quicker” Martha stated. In the end she just put his long shorts on and a blue top.

“When can I see Daddy?” Ollie asked.

“In about 45 minutes” Martha told him even though that meant nothing to him. She looked at his puzzled face. “Soon” she added making it seem a little bit clearer to Ollie. Since Jack had taken him out last night, Ollie and Jack’s bond had seemed to become a bit tighter.

“Can I watch the wiggles again?” Ollie then asked.

“Course you can” Martha took him downstairs and placing him on the sofa, turning on the TV for him. Before Martha knew it, it was time to go and meet Jack, and let him take Ollie for the day. “Come on little man, lets get you some shoes” Martha picked him up and went to find his shoes. By the time Martha got there, she was running a bit late, but it was better to be late than earlier.

“I’m glad you came” Jack said, “I didn’t think you would”

“Well, it’s not as if I’m going to deny Ollie from spending time with his Dad. So just make sure you have him back by 7 again, and juice later on” Martha gave Ollie to Jack.

“Well where do you want to go?” Jack asked Martha.

“I’m not coming with you, whatever gave you that idea?” Martha then asked Jack.

“Well the flowers, and you came” Jack answered.

“I came because I thought you wanted to spend time with Ollie”

“I did, I do, but I want to spend it with you as well”

“I’m sorry Jack, but you walked out on us, and for your information the flowers are in the bin. When you walked out, you broke my heart, I will never take you back” Martha said

“Not even the slightest possibility. Martha I’ve realised that what I did was a mistake, and we should have worked things through.” Jack replied

“Look Jack, at the moment, I think that you don’t love me, so the only way we have a slightest, slightest chance of getting back together, is if you show me that you love me” Martha started.

“Fine, but you have to let me show you that I love you, that means not closing me out, and letting me take you places, being civil towards me. You know, how normal people are with each other” Jack joked.

“This is not a laughing matter Jack, not when it comes to something that will affect my son. I will be civil towards you, and let you show me that you love me, but within reason”

“Martha, I think you mean our son. So can I move back in then?” Jack asked

“What? You moved out in the first place, and now you expect me to let you move back in” Martha exclaimed.

“Yes, that sounds about right, and don’t you want Ollie to be around his Dad more? I really want to move back in Martha, at least for Ollie’s sake” Jack said

“How about you can stay tonight and we’ll see if it affects Ollie’s behaviour at all, so for Ollie’s sake, you’re in the spare room. Go home and get some stuff, you can bring it over soon, but you’re not taking Ollie to that stupid flat that you’re probably staying in, he’s coming back with me” Martha took Ollie from Jack.

“Fine, so I’ll see you in about an hour” Jack quickly walked away, collecting his stuff quickly before hopefully heading back to Martha’s within the hour.

“Where’s Daddy gone?” Ollie asked

“Daddy’s coming back soon, don’t worry, you’ll get to spend a lot of time with him” Martha started walking back to the house, not particularly happy with the days events.

Preview

Who does Martha end up arranging a meeting with?

Hope you all enjoyed that, please R&R :)

Archived