Regrets

Guest >>Emma<<

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 6

“Look I’m sorry but I’m with my sister right now. I can’t do this anymore” Becky cried down the phone.

“But why?”

“Because she’s right for once. I can’t keep doing this”

“But I love you”

“Well, she’s seen you, with…” Becky couldn’t bring herself to say it.

“Becky are you alright?” Martha came outside looking for her.

“Look I’ve got to go, maybe we’ll talk soon” Becky hung up.

“Becky what’s the matter?” Martha asked. She could tell that she had been crying. She guessed that it was about Adam. “Is it about Adam?”

“Yeah” It took Becky a while to answer, debating whether or not to tell her.

“Well he’s a piece of trash, just try and forget about him, we’re here to have a nice girly chat remember”

“Yeah, lets go inside” They both headed back in.

---

Jack had just gotten off the phone, the meeting he had organised earlier this morning had to be cancelled. He couldn’t leave Ollie on his own, especially not when he was sick. He was about to call Martha and ask what time she would be back. Plus he was hoping she would let him stay another night, to help look after Ollie.

“Daddy, who was on the phone?”

“Just one of my friends, go back to sleep” Jack replied noticing Ollie yawning.

“Can I have some juice?”

“Sure, Mummy will be back soon as well”

“I want Mummy now” Ollie said.

“How about I give her a call and ask her what time she’s coming back.” Jack replied. Ollie nodded. “I’ll go and call Mummy and get some juice”

---

Martha’s phone started to ring; it was Jack. She was tempted to ignore it, but then she thought about Ollie.

“Are you going to answer that?” Becky asked.

“Yeah, it might be about Ollie” Martha picked it up. “Hello”

“Hey Martha, it’s me, look Ollie is asking for you, what time do you think you’ll be back?” Jack asked

“I won’t be too long, and I was wondering as Ollie’s not very well and all that, do you want to stay another night?”

“Yeah that would be great, for Ollie’s sake obviously, so shall I just tell Ollie you’ll be back soon?”

“Yeah, it won’t mean anything to him but tell him that.” Martha said

“Ok well I better go and see him, I’ll see you later, Love you” Jack replied, ‘crap, did I just say that?’ Jack thought.

“Bye, love…. tell Ollie that I love him” Martha hung up.

“You better not be giving into him,” Becky said.

“I’m not doing anything” Martha looked away.

“Oh you are the worst liar ever, spill now”

“I’m sorry sis, this one is just between me and Jack. But I better get going, Ollie was asking for me, but I’ll call you tonight. Talk to you later, and today was great by the way” Martha walked out the diner.

“Left alone again” Becky muttered to herself, that kid always came before her.

---

“Jack, I’m back, how’s Ollie?” Martha called up the stairs.

“Hey, he’s not too bad, tired more than anything” Jack replied coming down the stairs. “He’s just gone to sleep” Jack added.

“Ok, I won’t go up and see him just yet. Fancy a coffee?” Martha asked.

“No thanks, and you shouldn’t have one either, you’ve probably been drinking coffee all afternoon with that sister of yours.”

“Well what else am I meant to drink?” Martha asked sarcastically

“Maybe juice, or water” Jack replied.

“If it keeps you happy I’ll drink some juice” Martha knew she wasn’t helping herself, talking to Jack like that. She just couldn’t stop herself.

“Maybe you could do some other stuff to make me happy as well” Jack replied.

“What would those things be?” Martha asked.

“Well maybe you could kiss me, on the lips this time”

“Or maybe” Martha started

“Maybe what?” Jack asked.

“Maybe not” She finished; she turned around looking for a glass. Jack snuck up behind her and wrapped his arms around her. “Jack don’t” Martha tried to push his hands away.

“Too late” Jack kissed her “Don’t tell me you don’t like that” Jack whispered in her ear. Martha stared into his eyes; she knew she couldn’t resist him for much longer.

“You’re right, I love it” Martha replied kissing him roughly on the lips. The kiss became more passionate before Martha pulled away. Jack was expecting it. “Are you sure Ollie’s asleep?” She asked, that he was not expecting.

“Yeah, he just went to sleep before you got back” Jack replied.

“Come with me” Martha pulled him upstairs their lips still joined whenever possible. Something strange had gotten into Martha and Jack knew it. “Are you sure Ollie will sleep through the night?” Martha asked again.

“Yeah I’m sure, he was really tired,” Jack, answered. Martha pulled Jack into the spare room and shut the door behind her.

“Show me how much you love me Jack” Martha said.

“Only if you’ll let me” Jack joked.

“Would we be here if I wouldn’t?”

The Next Morning

Martha woke up with the sheets wrapped around her; she looked over expecting to see Jack still asleep, but he was missing. She looked at the alarm clock, 8.15. Ollie was probably awake as well. She got up; the sheets still wrapped around her and went into her room. She pulled her pyjamas on and went downstairs. To her surprise Jack was cooking her breakfast, and Ollie was eating his. Ollie was about to speak, but Martha put her finger to her lips, that meant to Ollie be quiet. She snuck over to Jack and wrapped her arms around him.

“Morning handsome” Martha whispered.

“Good morning to you too, I was just about to bring you breakfast” Jack kissed her.

“You’re too good to me, I thought you’d done a runner” Martha laughed.

“I could never walk out on you again, especially after last night” Jack kissed her again, this time they didn’t break apart.

“Mummy” Ollie yelled.

“Yes sweetie, what is it?” Martha asked.

“Can I have some juice?” He asked.

“What’s the magic word?”

“Please” Ollie replied with a cheesy grin.

“I’m sure Daddy will get you some. And if he doesn’t then Mummy will make him suffer” Martha poked her tongue out at Jack.

Preview

Is Martha having second thoughts?

Yes you're probably thinking why is Martha getting back together with him so soon, but trust me it's not exactly going to be smooth sailing for them. Something big is coming up in the next few chapters for them. Please comment :)

Archived