Regrets

Guest >>Emma<<

Had too much hassle about not posting this chapter today, so here it is now; hope you're all happy :P Updates will be one every two or three days from now on, I've gone back to school :(

Chapter 7

Originally this morning, Martha was pleased that she was back together with Jack, she loved him, and he loved her. They had a child together, and she knew that it was better that they were together for his sake. But she was beginning to have doubts, why had she taken him back to soon? She had to make him suffer for what he did to them. She was going to go downstairs and tell him now that she had rushed into things.

“Jack” She said going into the kitchen. “I need to talk to you about last night” Martha went over to him.

“Shoot” Jack replied.

“Well, it was a mistake I’m sorry, I wasn’t thinking straight. I do love you , I really do, but after what you did to me, I don’t know if I can ever forgive you” Martha said.

“So you want to wait for a while before we start something” Jack finished

“Yes…No” Martha replied, “I don’t know if I ever want to start something”

“Ok, well Martha, I know you love me, and I love you, so why are you doing this?” Jack asked clearly hurt.

“Because, you walked out on me Jack, you left me and Ollie. How can I ever forgive you for that?”

“I’m so sorry about what I did, I don’t even know why I did it. I thought we were over and I thought I was doing what was right for us, but now I see that I am wrong. I just want you to give us another chance. If I mess up again then you can throw me out and never talk to me again” Jack said.

“You’re making this so hard for me” Martha laughed.

“That is because I love you, and I want to make this work” Jack smiled at her.

“Jack I’m sorry, I can’t do this” Martha ran out.

“Where did Mummy go?” Ollie asked

“She’s just gone for a little walk buddy, how do you feel about spending time with your Aunty Becky for a few days?” Jack asked

“Really? I want to stay with Aunty Becky” Ollie smiled.

“Ok, let me call her and ask her, I’m sure she’d love to look after you” Jack went over to the phone.

“Hi Becky, it’s Jack, not your favourite person in the world I know, but I was wondering if you wanted to look after Ollie for a couple of days, he’s dying to see you”

“Sure, do you want me to come and pick him up now?” Becky asked

“Yeah that would be great, so I’ll see you in about fifteen minutes. Bye” Jack hung up. “Come on mate, lets get you some stuff so that you can stay with Aunty Becky”

“Aunty Becky!” Ollie called out running up the stairs. He had certainly recovered well from the virus he had yesterday.

---

Becky had just arrived to pick Ollie up. Jack was going to come and get him in 2 days time, although Martha would probably have to go and see him before. Ollie had just walked out the door as Martha came in through the back door.

“I’m sorry about before, but I’m just not ready. Where’s Ollie? I was thinking we could take him down to the Diner for tea” Martha smiled

“About Ollie, he’s gone to stay with his Aunty Becky for a few days, he wanted to see her, so I asked Becky and she said it was fine. About before, it was fine, I totally understand, we’ll just give it time and see what happens” Jack said.

“You sent Ollie off to Becky’s? Why?” Martha asked shocked.

“Because he wanted to go, and Becky wanted to see him as well,” Jack answered

“Ok, if you’re sure, but I want to see him tomorrow” Martha replied still unsure about the whole situation, but she trusted her sister and if Ollie wanted to see her then he could.

“So, I was wondering, can I take you out tonight?” Jack asked

“Erm…Ok, I guess, are we just gonna go to the Diner or something?” Martha was a little wary as to where this was heading.

“Actually I was going to take you out to that new restaurant that has opened in Yabbie Creek” Jack replied.

“Jack isn’t that like ridiculously expensive” Martha said

“Yes, but I’m allowed to treat you aren’t I” Jack smirked.

“Fine, but like I said it does not mean that we’re getting back together”

“I know, so make yourself look gorgeous, although that’s not exactly hard, you know what I mean though. Want a drink?” Jack asked

“Sure I’d love one” Martha looked in shock; this had all been really quick.

---

At The Restaurant

Jack and Martha spent most of the evening chatting, and joking around. Martha really wanted to take him back, but she knew she couldn’t, not after that morning. Jack started talking again, but Martha wasn’t exactly listening.

“Martha” Jack said trying to get her attention, “Martha,”

“I’m sorry what?” Martha asked

“I said, do you like the food?”

“Yeah, it’s great, but it doesn’t beat the food that you cook at home” Martha smiled.

“So you mean I paid all of this money, when I could have just cooked you something at home” Jack joked.

“Yeah pretty much” Martha laughed

“So what were you thinking about before? You know, when you were off in that little world of your own”

“Just stuff” Martha lied, really she was thinking about him, how she still loved him and wanted to take him back.

Preview

What does Martha find out??

Next chapter will be up in a couple of days, hope thats ok, please comment :)

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived