Regrets

Guest >>Emma<<

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preview

Who does Martha end up arranging a meeting with?

I have no idea. lol. Hmm...

Ollie annoys me. :) I knew I'd find something to dislike about him. "Mummy.. mummy" shut up!!! Lol. I'm such a caring person..

Great chapter!! Update soon. :)

Here's the next chapter for you all :)

Chapter 4

Jack had just brought some of his stuff over for that night, much to Martha’s annoyance. Now he was playing with Ollie in the living room. Martha was looking in the fridge thinking about what she was going to cook for tea, or whether just to go to the diner again.

“Hey, I’ll cook tonight, so don’t worry about dinner” Jack went over to Martha.

“Are you sure?” Martha asked

“Yer, course you can just relax tonight” Jack smiled, rubbing her back.

“Jack, don’t” Martha moved away.

“I’m sorry” Jack said, Martha turned to face him. She looked at him, just thinking about how hot he looked, she knew that this was going to be hard having him in the house tonight, despising him, yet still loving him.

“It’s ok” Martha touched his face; Jack knew that Martha was struggling to resist him.

“Mummy” Ollie said tugging on her top, Martha picked him up.

“What sweetie?” Martha said walking away to go and sit with him. Damn so close Jack thought, if only he kept being like this with Martha, she was sure to give in soon. Martha walked back over disturbing Jack’s thoughts. “He’s thirsty” Martha said finding his beaker.

“Ahh, so that’s what interrupted us,” Jack laughed.

“Yes” Martha smiled pouring Ollie some juice. “Anyway, better get this to him” Martha walked back over to him. Why did she do that? Now he’ll think that I actually wanted that to happen Martha thought, well strictly speaking she did want it to happen, but she knew she couldn’t give in like that. “So Ollie what do you want Daddy to cook you for tea? He’ll cook anything” Jack heard Martha ask.

“I will cook anything within reason” Jack walked in.

“Mummy, I don’t feel very well, I’m not hungry” Ollie looked up at Martha.

“Why don’t you fell very well?” Martha pulled him onto her lap, waiting for him to explain.

“My head hurts” Ollie snuggled up to Martha

“Are you tired?” Martha asked. Ollie nodded. “I think you need an early night don’t you”

“Do you want another drink?” Jack asked noticing the empty beaker.

“Yes please” Ollie replied.

“Jack, get him some milk please, he needs to go to bed soon” Martha said to Jack.

“Yeah, sure” Jack went back into the kitchen with his empty beaker; he was just about to get the milk out when the phone started to ring. “Hello, Jack speaking” he answered. “Oh, hi Becky, I’ll just get Martha for you, hold on a second” Jack said going to get Martha.

“Becky’s on the phone for you” Jack told her.

“Really, what does she want?” Martha asked clearly busy with Ollie. “Can you tell her I’ll call her back when Ollie’s gone to bed”

“Okay” Jack went back into the kitchen and told Becky. “She said she needs to speak to you, and that it can’t wait” Jack came back in and told Martha.

“Fine, take Ollie, give him some milk and put him to bed” Martha handed Jack Ollie and headed towards the phone frustrated that Becky had called at this time. “Hello” Martha said “Becky, can’t I call you back, I’m just in the middle of putting Ollie to bed, he’s not very well” Martha said down the phone. “Look, I’ll call you back in 10 friggin minutes” Martha hung up. Ollie was more important at the moment; Becky could wait.

“He’s got a temperature I think” Jack came to speak to Martha “He’s in bed at the moment, but he wants you to go up” Jack finished.

“Ok, I told Bec to call me back, she can wait, Ollie is more important” Martha replied before heading up the stairs and into Ollie’s room. “Mummy’s here now” She went and sat on his bed. She put her hand to his forehead “I think Daddy’s right, you do have a temperature”

“Will you stay with me Mummy?” Ollie asked

“Of course” Martha lay down beside him and pulled him into her arms. Soon he was asleep so Martha went back downstairs to phone Becky.

“Becky, it’s Martha, sorry about hanging up before, but Ollie isn’t very well and I needed to put him to bed” Martha started but was interrupted.

“How the heck could you hang up on your own sister, you wouldn’t have hung up if it wasn’t for Ollie, and Ollie is Jack’s fault. May I just ask why the heck is he in your house?” Becky yelled down the phone.

“Because, he is here for Ollie, he is his father.” Martha answered

“I don’t know what you saw in him in the first place Martha honestly! You really need to sort your life out, you’re 22 with a 2 year old son, a single parent.” Becky carried on her rant.

“Hey, I love my son, and I couldn’t imagine life without him, and I wouldn’t have him if it wasn’t for Jack. Whatever you may think, I’m glad that I have Ollie. As for Jack, he may not be God’s gift but he’s better than that Adam of yours. Yes that’s right, the one who I’ve seen hanging around with girls around the diner. When are you going to see that although he may seem perfect, you’re not the only one!” Martha yelled back.

Becky went silent, Martha knew she had upset her and she didn’t mean to. It’s just that with Becky being her younger sister, she felt like she had to protect her, even if she was being harsh sometimes.

“Look, I’m sorry for yelling, how about we meet up tomorrow, and can go out for lunch” Martha suggested.

“Ok, I’ll see you tomorrow at your house, at about 12” Becky agreed before hanging up. Due to the loud noise coming from the argument over the phone, Ollie had woken up and come looking for Martha.

“Mummy, why were you yelling?” He asked trailing his blanket along behind him.

“I was just talking to Aunty Becky, that’s all” Martha picked him up. “You know Mummy loves you, and will never stop” Martha whispered to him as he clung to her. “You need to go to sleep, sweetie” Martha put him in his bed.

“Can’t I sleep in your bed tonight?” Ollie asked.

“Ok, but last night, and tonight won’t happen every night.” Martha carried him over into her room. “Goodnight baby” Martha pulled the covers over him but he still held onto her neck.

“Will you stay with me?” Ollie asked.

“Ok” Martha replied. Jack watched as Martha lay with Ollie. He knew what he was doing was wrong, especially to his own flesh and blood. He had grown to love Martha, at first it was just a game, but now he didn’t want to let her go. But he had to do what he had to do, even if he did now love her.

Preview

What is Jack up to?

Sorry it's not very long, I think the next one is longer, next chapter up tomorrow :)

Archived