The 'I Hate Jack' Club

Guest Pierced Musie

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Ok well I just want to make it clear that I find Jack extremely boring and purposeless, and I don't like him as a character but I really do feel sorry for him because of the whole Martha thing. I mean can you imagine being married to her,'I'm the only one who should matter to you Jack', 'You're such a useless husband Jack, I mean you go to work and have a few drinks with your mates- what kind of a husband are you?'. I mean talk about controlling! (lol maybe this should be in the 'I hate Martha club' right?)

The first few pages of this thread made me giggle. Then it all got a bit friendly and positive. Now it seems to be nice and bitchy again :)

I don't hate Jack as much as I used to. I find I don't really register him at all these days. Except to find wrong hypothetical subtext regarding Rory :blink:. (I mean, I know it's nothing because I know Jack's not like that, but if I was Sam, I'd be concerned. Am I the only one who thinks that relationship looks sus from the outside?? I think I've watched too many crime shows... Damn SVU, pouncing on me every week without warning after Australian Idol <_<. Plus I can't stand Sam, so any scene with her in it can't be saved. The little boy does try though. Poor kid.)

Now back to reality.

I agree with whoever said he's "decent looking, not good looking." That pretty much sums it up for me. He's not ugly at all, but I don't see falling all over myself to drool on him either. There's only one picture I've ever seen where I actually found him attractive.

To me, if a person's not physically attractive, then they've gotta have an attractive personality. Jack doesn't. He's a cocky, smarmy, self-involved, know-it-all know-nothing jerk! That's when he's having a personality at all, which is rare. Mostly he's just sitting around drawing out his sentences with dramatic pauses and sighs to get more screentime... I really don't get it.

Yeah, that was some of the old hate resurfacing.

Nowadays, I'm happy for him to be a Holden, interacting with Luc and Tony. He's had some good scenes with Kim in the past (I can't remember any right now... oh yeah, that one where Dan was ranting about Leah and Amanda, and Jack and Kim were exchanging pained glances, hehehe, that was good. I've always said Paul does his best acting when Jack's not speaking), so I wouldn't mind him stepping up there either. Other than that, bah.

Archived