You're My Past, But Who Is My Future?

Guest tasha7905

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH NO!!! Gosh this story has my heart torn in two!!! After the show I want Lucas just to bugger off and leave Ric and Mattie to be happy together!!!

Ah life is never simple in the bay is it!!!

That was a great chapter and it was great to see that you posted a new chapter!!!

Hope its not too much to ask if I ask you to post soon!!!

Another brilliant update! I feel so sorry for Ric. The poor guy, but I can see how guilty Lucas feels as well. He has this sweet nature about him. His chemistry with Mattie just makes it seem so right...

I'm torn as well...

I can't wait to see what happens! :D

• 1 month later...

At long last here is the next chapter, im so sorry its taken so long I have just had so much to do lately but hopefully now I will be updating regularly again. I hope you havent lost interest in the story.

Chapter 9 - Anger

Matilda's P O V

"We cant go Lucas, are you crazy? It will make everything worse" I shout not quite believeing what he has just said.

"I know but Ric is really looking forward to it and I couldnt exactly tell him why we didnt want to go, now could I? I had to agree" he shouts back at me.

"I know Luc, Im sorry. Perhaps I could phone him and pretend to be ill or something" I suggest but Luc shakes his head.

"Lets just go, we will get through it because we have to. We will be together soon enough just think of that" He says engulfing me in a hug.

I cling to him tightly the familiar smell of his aftershave having a calming effect on me. I let go of him after a few minutes and sit down.

"This is going to be really tough for a long time isnt it?" I say the realisation of whats going to happen suddenly dawning on me. He nods and sits down next to me, he grabs my hand.

"But I will be here for you through it all" he says smiling at me.

I kiss him to remind myself of why we are going through this and at that point his phone rings.

Lucas's P O V

"Hi" I say answering my phone. I know its Belle and I cant avoid her no matter how much I just want to run off somewhere and hide away from the real world.

"hey you" she says "just wondering if you want to come round tonight, Irene is working late and no-one else will be in , we could do whatever you want if you get my drift" She giggles.

"Um sorry Belle. I would if I could but I have already promised my dad I will do something with him" I lie. Im beginning to feel sick all this deception is not me. Matilda squeezes my hand reassuringly and I smile at her. "Sorry again" I say to Belle.

"Come on Luc, we have hardly seen each other since we slept together. I promise it will be worth it" she says seductively.

"I cant" I say firmly into the phone, the desperation in her voice is making me feel ten times worse.

"Ok well I guess we have got all weekend together, so I will let you off this time Lucas Holden" She relents "Goodnight I love you"

"You too" I utter quickly and thenhang up the phone. "God I am such a coward" I shout out "I could have gone round there tonight and ended it and stopped this whole charade, but no im too much of a wimp to do that" I say punching my fist against the wall in anger.

"Lucas, calm down please" matilda says grabbing me.

"Im sorry Mattie" I say "I just wish is wasnt so hard. I just want to be with you and im so angry with myself for not realising I still had feelings for you ages ago."

Belle's P O V

Its a shame Lucas couldnt come over tonight but I guess it means he can save his energy for the weekend. Its going to be fantastic being with Lucas constantly. When we first started dating I didnt really think it would come to much but now I cant imagine my life without him. I never dreamed in a million years someone like me could be this happy.

Ric's P O V

This weekend is going to be great. Matilda and I will get loads of time together and im going to bring up the subject of our relationship moving further. I dont mind if I have to wait longer to be with her properly I just want her to know that it doesnt matter to me, that I love her and that wont change. God I hope she says she loves me too I cant wait to here those words from her.

Love this fic! I really can't choose between Lucas/Matilda and Ric/Matilda. I think they are both great together, but if I really have to choose I think I will go for Ric/Matilda.

Just keep it coming! I can't wait wat will happen when they go on the camping trip.

Agree with Jackie, I am so torn by this fic! So good to see an update though. Thanks for filling out the topic description form, I've changed your title to include the rating.

• 3 weeks later...

Aww Tash, brilliant fic so far (just read it all). I'm really unsure about whether to feel happiness at Mattie and Lucas having feelings for each other, or sadness because Ric and Belle are just so happy... and they really don't deserve it. Usually I'd be totally againt what Mattie and Luc are doing but I can't help but just get swept up in their romance. Please update as soon you can! :)

Archived