You're My Past, But Who Is My Future?

Guest tasha7905

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 6 - Pretending

Matilda's P O V

My phone is ringing again and I know its Ric. I cant keep avoiding him. I have to make our relationship work, he deserves that much.

"Hi" I say in an upbeat voice.

"Hey honey" he replies "I was beginning to think you were avoiding me, where have you been all morning."

"Sorry I had to help mum with some stuff but I have finished now" I lie.

"Ok well I will head over to yours now, Belle's with me is Luc there" he asks, its killing me listening to how happy he sounds.

"yea he's here." I say "see you in a little while" hanging up the phone i feel sick, but I have to keep going this is the best thing.

I walk to Lucas's room to tell him they are on the way over. Opening his door im shocked to see him standing there.

Lucas's P O V

"hey" I say opening my door to fine Mattie standing there "I was just coming to see you"

"Well I just came to tell you that your girlfriend and my boyfriend are on the way here." she says coldly.

"Matilda please dont be like this, we cant help these feelings we have, dont shut me out." Im practically begging her to talk to me.

"Lucas we cant ok. RIc and Belle have been hurt enough by Cass and Drew they dont deserve us doing it too." She snaps.

"I know but I cant stop loving you" I say grabbing her hand.

"do you think its any easier for me" she shouts pulling her hand out of mine "but Luc we decided to break up and now we have to live with that decision"

She storms into the kitchen and I follow "Ok Mattie, im sorry. I know this isnt easy and I will do whatever you want." I say giving in yet again.

"Make your relationship work, go back to the way you and Belle were before and I will do the same with Ric" she says smiling at me gratefully.

"I'll try" I whisper even though I know I wont be able to get the thoughts of Mattie out of my head.

Belle's P O V's

"I think its a great idea Ric, definately something we should do. Lucas will love it, im not to sure about Mattie though." I say as we get to the Hunter/Holden house.

"Leave Matilda to me, she'll be up for it in the end" he replies his eyes sparkling with excitement. "I cant wait it will be great im glad I thought of it"

"yea whats with that Ric, since when were you the brains of our group, isnt that usually Lucas" I laugh punching him playfully.

"whats usually me?" I hear Luc says as he opens the door.

"Your usually the brains of our group, anyway I will explain in a minute" i say moving closer to him "Ive missed you boyfriend come here" I pull him towards me.

Matilda's P O V

I feel sick watching her kiss him, her hands running through his hair when not that long ago my hands were there, but she has every right to kiss him, after all Lucas is her boyfriend.

After what seems like forver they pull apart and Luc looks at me apologetically. I have to pretend not to care. I cant show him that my heart is being ripped out, because then I will have to admit that im completely in love with him and if I admit that I will have to break Ric's heart and I cant. Ric has always been there for me no matter what. I cant hurt him.

"Hey gorgeous" Ric says walking up to me and kissing my cheek.

"Is that all I get" I say flirtatiously pulling him in for a passionate kiss, I know im overcompensating because I feel guilty.

"wow that was a good hello" Ric says as our kiss finishes.

I smile at him and sit down, he joins me on the sofa and I cuddle up to him and watch as Lucas sits in the chair, with Belle sitting on his lap. The whole time Lucas is watching me and I can see the sadness in his eyes. Im so amazed that Ric and Belle havent sensed an atmosphere between us.

"So guys Ric has come up with a good plan for us" belle says interrupting my thoughts

Ric's P O V

"I think we should go camping this weekend" I say and Belle grins excitedly as we wait for Luc or Mattie to answer.

"What the four of us" Lucas eventually says, he looks at me and for some reason seems quite shocked at my suggestion.

"of course the four of us" Belle says "Whats the matter Lover, worried you cant handle a few nights with me."

"Of course not" Lucas says laughing "It sounds great"

He doesnt sound convinced. I guess he and Belle must have something going on that we dont know about. I hope they sort it out.

"Matilda what do you think" I say realising she hasnt said anything.

"Well im not a fan of camping" she says "but if I get to spend nights with you then I think I can cope."

"Thats my girl" I say kissing her head " I love you" I whisper. She doesnt reply but thats ok I can wait till she is ready to say those words to me.

"To the four of us and an amazing weeked" Belle says laughing and I know she is right it will be amazing.

Archived