Those She Left Behind!

Guest beckyboo

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 5

“Dad, I need you to come and look after Amie now, I need to get to the hospital” Jack practically yelled down the phone.

“Ok, calm down, I’m coming now, bye” Tony put down the phone before heading next door to Jack and Martha’s house. He knocked on the door.

“Hi Dad, thanks for doing this” Jack greeted him, “I’ll see you at some point either tonight, or tomorrow” Jack added before heading out of the door in a rush.

At The Hospital

Jack found Martha sitting outside of the room that Abigail was in. He could hear Doctor’s talking to each other.

“Martha, what happened?” Jack asked

“I don’t know, I went to get a drink and when I came back I was told that I couldn’t go in. I heard lots of beeping noises coming from the machines. Jack what if she’s dead?” Martha asked now crying into Jack’s top.

“Martha, don’t think like that” Jack said wiping away the tears.

“But, what if?” Martha asked again

“No, she will be fine, she’s a fighter, just like you.” Jack reassured her, even though he didn’t know if she would be alright.

“Jack, can I talk to you” Rachel said coming out of the room.

“Sure, I’ll be back soon” Jack replied letting go of Martha and following Rachel.

“Jack, I’m going to be honest with you, Abby stopped breathing” Rachel told him

“What? Why?” Jack exclaimed.

“We’re not sure yet, but we managed to get her breathing again”

“So, is she alright? Can I see her?” He asked

“She is stable, and we think that she might wake up soon, you can go in with Martha” Rachel answered

“As long as she’s going to be alright” Jack said

“We don’t know about that, we have to wait and see when she wakes up, and we also need to start the chemo as soon as possible. If you can just talk to her, she can probably hear you, talk to her about everything, and Jack, if you ever need to talk to anyone, then you can always talk to me” Rachel finished

“Thanks, I’m going to go and see Abby with Martha” Jack headed back to Martha.

“Come on, we can go in” Jack took Martha’s hand and they went in to see Abby.

“Jack look at her” Martha gasped.

“Shhh, its ok, she’s going to be fine” Jack told he. Jack and Martha went and sat down beside her bed,

“Come on baby, you have to wake up for Mummy and Daddy” Martha talked to her. “I know that Amie misses you, even if you do play with her dolls, she still misses you and she wants you back right now, so you have to wake up for her aswell” Martha started to cry again.

“She will wake up when she’s ready” Jack reassured Martha again, “She will”

For the rest of the night, they stayed in the same place just watching their daughter’s body, hoping and praying that she would wake up. But there was no luck.

It was the next morning, Jack and Martha were both awake, getting a drink.

“Daddy” Amie shouted running up to him.

“Hey sweetie, why aren’t you at school?” Jack asked her

“Because, apparently you didn’t keep your end of the deal” Tony answered

“Oh, typical, just like your mother, only does something if someone else has” Jack told her.

“You really need to go to school” Martha said

“No, I am not going” Amie said sternly

“Fine, but you have to go tomorrow” Martha bargained

“Deal” Amie agreed

“Now come on, come and talk to Abby” Jack picked her up and carried her in.

“Abigail, you must wake up right now, Mummy and Daddy are boring” Amie complained. “I will let you play with my dolls if you wake up” Amie tried to bribe her.

“What are you saying about me?” Jack asked offended

“I said you were boring” Amie laughed

“How could you say that about me” Jack started to tickle her.

“Stop it, stop it, stop it” Amie said her voice getting louder and louder.

“Not until you apologise missy” Jack replied. But this time Amie didn’t tell him to stop, instead she was staring at her sister.

“Daddy look” Amie was pointing at her now.

“Amie we need to get a Doctor” Jack told her before rushing down the corridor nearly bumping into Martha who had been getting a drink.

“Mummy, come quickly” Amie took her free hand and dragged her into the room.

“Oh my goodness” Martha said rushing towards the bed.

“Abby” Amie called out

“Abby, come on baby please” Martha said

“Rachel, come on quickly” Martha could hear Jack down the corridor. Could this really be happening?

Archived