Those She Left Behind!

Guest beckyboo

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my parents are asleep on the sofa and I'm watching the vicar of dibley, so I thought I might aswell write a new chapter! Enjoy...

Chapter 9

The rest of that afternoon had gone quickly; Martha and Jack just grateful to have their daughter back with them. Abby was slowly getting back to her normal self, even though she was in hospital, her personality was starting to shine through like normal.

Abby was still having more drugs pumped into her, much to her annoyance. She wanted to be running around with her sister having fun like any normal 3 year old, but then again she wasn't normal. She knew that, and that fact brought her down so much.

"Mummy, when can I go home?" Abby asked Martha. The fact that she had to spend all of this time in hospital just made it so much worse.

"Soon sweetie, soon" Martha replied.

"Did you know Mummy, that its not that long until christmas. Do you think Santa will still bring me my presents even though I'm in hospital. I have been good after all" Abby said

"Well as long as you've been good there is no reason why Santa won't come a visit you" Martha replied

"Well he might not come because I am in here, he might not stop at hospitals"

"Yes he does, I'm sure he does, and I'm sure you will get your presents" Martha reassured her.

"When's Daddy and Amy coming back in?" She then asked changing the subject

"Abby, he only just left!" Martha exclaimed

"Yer I know, but I want him to come back, I'm bored" she started

"Hey Abby" Rachel said as she walked in

"Hello Dr. Armstrong" Abby replied

"Abby I'm just going to put some more medicine in your drip" Rachel told her

"Ok Dr. Armstrong" she said

"I'll be back soon, and next time you can call me Rachel" Rachel replied as she headed out of Abby's room.

"Mummy am I going to get better?" Abby asked

"I'm sure you're going to be fine." Martha answered

"When is Daddy coming back?" Abby asked again

"Abigail, he will be back soon, but he has to pick up Amy, put her to bed and then he'll be back to stay with you tonight" Martha explained

"What time is it?" Abby then asked

"It's 10 past 5. Maybe Santa will bring you a watch for christmas" Martha answered

"But Mummy I can't tell the time, I'm only 3!" Abby practically yelled

"Oh yes, I forgot about that, well maybe something that will help you learn the time, you'll have to put it on your list" Martha laughed

"Maybe, what else could I ask for" Abby started to drift off into her own little world.

"Daddy" Abigail squeeled in excitement as Jack walked in.

"Heya" Martha said to him as she went to give him a hug. "How's Amy?" She asked

"She's good, Dad is watching her until you get back" Jack told her

"Daddy" Abby said again, "You're ignoring me"

"No I'm not sweetie" Jack went over and gave her a hug.

"I missed you" Abby said

"Trust me, she did, all the questions, when will he be back? What time is it now? Where is he?" Martha told him

"I missed you too but I had to put Amy to bed, I'm here now though" Jack explained

"Well I'm going to go home and see Amy, I'll see you soon" Martha kissed Jack before giving Abby a hug and walking out. She knew exactly what she would get at home; when is Daddy coming back? It didn't bother her that much because she had a lot of things on her mind. She knew that at the moment Jack was being a better parent, and she knew that she had to stop worrying about what would happen if? she had to be more positive, that was going to start from now. She was going to make sure of it.

Well I was a tad bored so I wrote that filler chapter. Thats what it was a filler chapter. Nothing interesting really happening there, just Martha thinking a bit about her parenting skills. Hope you enjoy it and please review. Bec's turn next time! Please R&R :)

Yay! An update. I loved it, it was so cute.

"Daddy" Abby said again, "You're ignoring me"

"No I'm not sweetie" Jack went over and gave her a hug.

"I missed you" Abby said

"Trust me, she did, all the questions, when will he be back? What time is it now? Where is he?" Martha told him

"I missed you too but I had to put Amy to bed, I'm here now though" Jack explained

How sweet was that! I liked the stuff about getting a watch for xmas as well...

Great chapter! :)

Archived