Those She Left Behind!

Guest beckyboo

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok guys, so I have to admit, I haven't read it all yet (Big party last night, big headache this morning urgh)

but from the first bit I have read it looks good :)

I'll read the rest later, when I can actually concentrate more on it rather than being sick :(

Awarning to everyone out there, never, I repeat NEVER drink, you will regret it! :(

Hey guys thanks for all the fabby comments!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 2

It was early morning, and Jack, Martha and Abby were all still asleep. Today Abby was going home, after Rachel had talked to them about what was to happen. It was about 8am and Amie was creeping round the hospital, trying to find her parents.

Last night had been awful for her. She had never been away from them before, so she missed them a lot, and also she didn’t have her favourite cuddly toy; Chilly. He was a white polar bear that Beth had bought her for Christmas, she couldn’t sleep without him unless she absolutely had to. Jack had asked her if Abby could have it that night, and Amie being the sweet child gave it to him for her little sister.

Finally she found the room that her sister was in. Jack and Martha were sat together, Martha’s head resting on Jack’s shoulder, they looked like they hadn’t gotten much sleep. Amie walked in slowly, she then went over to Jack and tried to wake him. As he was in a very light sleep it didn’t take much.

“Hey sweetie, what are you doing here? I thought you were staying with Grandad” Jack said

“I missed all of you” Amie told him. Just then Tony walked in, he had gone to get a drink.

“I missed you too, and Mummy and Abby did aswell” Jack replied pulling her onto his lap.

“Is Abby coming home today?” Amie asked

“She sure is sweetie, and then we can be together again” Martha told her as she woke up.

“Mummy” Amie said climbing onto her lap

“Hey gorgeous girl, I missed you” Martha hugged her tightly

“I missed you too Mummy”

“I’m sorry to interrupt guys, but do you need me here, or do I need to look after Amie again this afternoon?” Tony spoke up. Jack looked at Amie’s eyes pleading with him to let her stay.

“No, Amie can stay with us now, you can get off now, I know you probably have things to do” Jack answered

“Well, I do, but I can stay if you want” Tony added

“No Dad, you go, we can look after her now” Jack said

“Ok, well call me when you get home, I’ll see you later” Tony replied

“Yer, see you later Dad” Jack added before watching him walk out of the room.

One hour later and Abby was still asleep. Rachel had already come in twice to see if she had woken up. Martha was looking at her, holding her hand when her eyes started to open.

“Mummy, where am I?” She asked slowly

“Baby, you’re in the hospital” Martha answered

“I want to go home” Abby started to cry

“You will be soon baby, very soon, and then you can watch a movie, and go to sleep” Martha told her whilst stroking her cheek, wiping away the tears. Rachel then walked in, and noticed that she was awake.

“Hey Abby, how are you feeling this morning?” She asked softly noticing her red cheeks.

“I want to go home” She sobbed

“Aww, you will be soon, don’t worry, you can go home very soon” Rachel told her “Infact, if I can have a word with Mummy and Daddy, you can go home after that” She added. Martha and Jack acknowledged what she was saying and went and stood in the corridor talking to her.

“Ok, well basically we got her test results back, and the cancer is not extremely far along, but then its not at an early stage. So it is curable, and things could get better. She has about a 40% chance. We will start chemotherapy straight away, and get the cycle going. She will end up losing her hair through it, but it will grow back after, any other things you want to talk about then just ask” Rachel finished

“So you’re saying she has a 40% chance of survival?” Jack asked

“Yes, about 40%” Rachel stated

“Can we take her home now?” Martha asked, still taking in the information that Rachel had just told them.

“Sure, I will get the discharge papers ready” Rachel said before walking off. Jack and Martha walked back into Abby’s room, ready to take her home.

“Here we go baby” Martha went and placed Abby down on the sofa. “We’re home now; do you want to put a movie on?” She asked

“Yes please” Abby said

“How about a Barbie one” Martha picked up two cases.

“That one” Abby pointed to one.

“Ok, sweetie” Martha said placing the DVD into the player.

“You want a drink?”

“Yes please mummy, some milk please” Abby replied

“I’ll get you some now” Martha added before walking off into the kitchen. Jack was in there, with Amie. “Amie, do you want to go and watch the movie with your sister?” Martha asked

“Yer” Amie replied before walking off to where Abby was. Jack noticed a tear roll down Martha’s cheek.

“Martha, come here” He pulled her into a hug.

“I just can’t lose her Jack, she’s our little baby, there’s only a 40% chance she will live” Martha cried into his top.

“We’re not going to lose her, she’s gonna be ok” Jack reassured her.

“How do you know that?” Martha asked

“I just do, now come on, lets go and watch a movie with our two gorgeous daughters, even if it is Barbie” Jack laughed

“Yes, I just need to get Abby some milk and then I’ll come in” Martha headed over to the fridge as Jack walked out.

When she got back into the living room, Jack was on the sofa with Abby on his lap and Amie beside him. There was a free space on the other side of him though, so Martha went and sat there.

“Looks like you’re enjoying this film Jack” She teased him

“Oh yer, Barbie, my favourite movie of all time” He joked

“Good, because from now on, we’re going to be spending all of our time together, as a family, whether you like watching Barbie or not” She said

“I know, and I don’t care what I have to put up with, as long as we’re all together” He added.

Barbie is my fav movie!!! :)lol when I was Six.

Poor lil Abby, You just want to hug her.

Milk I can't drink milk, it just makes me feel wierd but I LOVe Milkshakes (yumm) strawberry. lol I just had to tell you that.

Awww Great chapter girlies! looking forward to the next one :)

Archived