Those She Left Behind!

Guest beckyboo

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 3

Abby’s chemo was starting in two days, for Jack and Martha it seemed like those two days were the only two days that they had as a normal family. Today they were going to the beach again. Even if it left memories of where they worried about their daughter, it was Abby’s favourite place. They were all sat round the table having breakfast, Abby was on Martha’s lap. At the moment all of her energy seemed to be taken away from her.

“Sweetie sit up” Martha talked to the slumped form of Abby. She tried to haul herself up but was obviously failing.

“Come here” Jack said picking her up, “You want to go to the beach today?” Jack asked.

“Yes” Abby said excitedly

“You looking forward to it baby?” Martha asked

“Yes, yes, yes!” Abby was getting quite energetic now. She had this sudden burst of life.

“Well, we better find your swimmers then hadn’t we, and yours Amie” Jack told them

“Yey, we’re going swimming, we’re going swimming” They could all hear Amie running up the stairs to her room, to try and find her swimmers.

“Isn’t your big sister funny” Martha laughed. Abby giggled, she was so close to Amie, especially with a two year age gap, they knew each other so well. Martha went and put her bowl in the sink before taking Abby off Jack. “Come on missy, we better go get you ready” Abby was still in her pajamas, her favourite pink ones. They headed upstairs together leaving Jack to clean up.

“Mummy, come swimming” Amie moaned. Jack was already in the water and messing around with Abby.

“If I have to” Martha agreed. She was still the same old Martha; she would have preferred to top up her tan, and watch her family messing around than go swimming.

“Come on” Amie said running down the beach holding onto Martha’s hand.

“I’m coming” She replied. The both hit the water with a splash, getting Jack and Abby soaked. Abby was laughing at them, Martha obviously disappointed that she was this wet already. “Nice to see someone’s having a good time” Martha picked Abby up.

Abby clung to Martha, she was starting to get slightly cold. “Baby, are you cold?” Martha asked

“No” Abby replied, she knew that she was ill, and she knew that she wouldn’t get to spend much time with them all together for a long time. She had to treasure the moments that she had left.

“Well if you’re sure, then you won’t mind coming for a swim with me then will you” Jack placed her on his back, carrying her deeper into the water. Abby was laughing again, she was having such a good time. It broke Martha’s heart to think that this could be the last time that it happened.

She was distracted from her thoughts when she got soaked again, this time by Amie jumping off some rocks into the water.

“Right, that’s it, Amie Holden come here now” Martha told her. Amie obviously didn’t know what was going on, so did as she was told. “You have got me wet twice today, now its my turn” Martha picked her up and started to head out to where Jack and Abby were.

“Put me down” Amie began to scream

“Not until I get even” Martha laughed

“Put me down” Amie laughed along.

“1, 2, 3,” Martha said before taking Amie off her shoulder and dunking her in the water.

“I’m already wet Mummy, it didn’t work” Amie splashed her Mum.

“Yer, you can never beat us” Abby laughed

“She’s right Martha, it’s the 3 of us against 1 of you, I don’t think you really have a chance” Jack added

“Jack Holden you wouldn’t dare”

“Do what, I don’t know what you’re on about” Jack splashed her; both of the girls then splashed her as well. Soon most people could hear Martha’s shrieking running up the beach, to where she was safe with her towel. Jack, Abby and Amie soon followed.

“That was not funny” Martha said trying to sound serious, but she couldn’t help herself, she burst out laughing, enjoying her time with her family.

Later that day, they were back home, having a shower, getting rid of the sand that they were covered in. Abby was asleep on the sofa, she really had no energy left.

“Jack, do you think we should take her up to her bed?” Martha asked

“No, we’ll wake her up, and besides, she looks so cute when she sleeps, in fact, she looks a lot like you when she sleeps.” Jack answered

“Jack, my nose doesn’t twitch in my sleep” Martha replied looking at Abby’s twitching nose.

“And, how would you know, you’ve never watched yourself sleep” Jack stated

“I just know, and I mean it’s not like you’ve watched me sleep, ok, so you probably have, but you could just be lying” Martha defended herself

“Martha, why would I lie about something like that?” Jack asked

“Because, you Jack Holden like to wind me up” Martha answered

“But it’s cute, and besides you love me for it” Jack kissed her on the lips.

“That I do” Martha replied, before Amie came rushing in with mucky hands.

“Mummy, Daddy, come and see what I made Abby” She said dragging both parents along

“Sweetie, that’s beautiful” Martha looked at the picture of her, Jack, Amie and Abby.

“I’m sure Abby will love it” Jack added

“Do you think so?” Amie asked

“Yer, of course she will” Martha replied

“It’s beautiful princess, the four of us together” Jack added, Martha could see the hurt in his eyes, but at least they were going through this together.

R&R

Mine was before! But now its better, cos it loves me! :D

Ashlee --> :):wub: <---- MSN

Shh!

My wrist hurts =( lol damn mouse is too far away!

Anyway i must go straighten my hair :P

Aww cute chapter, I must admit lol I got confused I thought I was reading a diff fanfic (Don't ask) lol

Stop saying 'this could be the last time' its upsetting me before I go to bed.

I know twins called Abby and Amie, but there five and talk too much.

I have the most amazing idea! they could hire a nanny as well, may be from the local resident at mental hospital like Corey..?

You can't have a story without him or Ash's hair :wub: lol

More soon...

Archived