The Ric and Matilda Appreciation Thread

Guest xGlowingAngelx

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh.. and I missed the episode where Henry left, why did he leave???

He left after Matilda was abducted to pursue his talent of tap dancing at a boarding school, and strangely has never come back or visited.

By all accounts Rhys and Indiana haven't been together for some time. She's supposedly now with Lincoln Lewis although that may still be just a rumour.

Mark and Indi would be cute though. :D

^ Maek and Indi would be :wub: adorable!!!

I think it would be good for Scott, Robbie or Henry to come back as then Mattie would have some kind of story!!

Shouldn't Scott or Robbie have invited her to stay with them by now?

As for Ric/Mattie i hope the current storylines continue and build into bigger and even better ones just so we can have them on our screens for longer as the central characters. Ultimately though i'd like to see a wedding and a happily ever after (not one of my favourite couples has ever got one, it's always couples i can't stand).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think the Mattie/Ric breakup has been coming for sometime. They were maybe just getting too comfortable with eachother (*has flashbacks to Seth and Summer in reclining chairs watching Briefcase or No Briefcase*). Maybe this is just a rut and some time apart, trying to workout their feelings would be good for them. They are both still young and should be able to do their own thing. Mattie wants to redo year 12 and Ric wants to work, so let them!

Speaking of Henry though, I thought the perfect opportunity to bring him back was after Beth died. It was a perfect opening!! I don't mind if they recast him, but he would be the one person Matilda could talk to right now so sort through this mess with Viv. No wonder Matilda has issues - her own twin brother is ignoring her!

• 1 month later...

Personally I prefer them as friends. I don't really like them as a couple, I think they're kind of boring, but as friends they're sweet and funny and interesting. I always liked the dynamics between them before they got together but now I find it a bit cringeworthy. Sorry. But I can understand what other people see in them, :)

I totally understand where you're coming from there and totally agree. Although I did really like them as a couple at one point I have found they've both being getting on my nerves of late with all their bad discision making and poor judgement, which I'm finding all rather cringeworthy.

First; it was Ric with all of his sneaking off and seeing Viv behind Matilda's back and lying to Mattie about it and then sleeping with Viv on the night of their year 12 formal vertually five minutes after breaking up with her and not bothering to tell her about it and worse still forcing Cassie to lie to her best friend about all because he was too weak and guttless to face the music himself by owning up to his responsibility over spending the night with Viv was cringeworthy in itself.

What made it worse was his mistreatment and abuse towards poor Cassie who was stuck in the middle - finding herself in an extremely difficult possition in the first place thanks to him, but to jump to the conclusion and start blatently accusing Cassie of going behind his back and telling Matilda the truth about his affair with Viv, when he had no proof that it was her that told Mattie in the first was totally uncalled for as was his attitude to not make an effort to come along and offer Cassie some much needed support at her trial.

Secondly; Matilda has also really gotten on my nerves of late what with all her rather narcissistic attributes of: Poor me! Poor little me! I, I, I, me, me, me! I have found her rather overbearing, control tactics with regards to Ric by means of being so caught up in her own conviction of "I'm always right" to the point of not listening to others around her, including not hearing out her own boyfriend in regards to the matter of his association with Viv and drawing a premature conclusion that there was more going on than meets the eye was also rather cringeworthy.

While I can totally understand where Matilda was coming from in terms of being angry and upset with him over the whole Viv situation; at the same time I believe she owed it to at least give him right to a fair trial by hearing his case out before writing his off so quickly, saying what she did, ie,

MATTIE: I hate to say this but I cannot trust you.

RIC: Mattie don't you haven't heard me out...

MATTIE: We're over Ric!

I also found Matilda's lousy attitude towards her best friend Cassie and Tony rather cringeworthy.

I felt she came across as most disrespectful towards them both of them and manipulation towards Cassie by pressuring her into driving her, Simon, Aden and their drunken mates home, knowing full well what she was asking her friend to do was illegal as well as dangerous was lame, and to not take any responsibility as far as her role in the accident that Cassie finished up having was the absolute pits as far as I'm concerned. Little wonder Cassie was so upset with her and sleeping with Aden's brother Simon only a short week after meeting in a vindictive and spiteful attempt to get back at Ric certainly did nothing to endear me to her.

All I can is I just hope that Ric and Mattie have learned their lessons from the mistakes they've made in 2007 and manage to get their acts into gear.

Hopefully a little time apart will just do the trick as I really can't say I'm all that impressed by either of them at the moment.

I liked when mattie said to ric, something about being high matanece girl friend and ric just said yes you are. or some thing like that. I dont like viv allready <_< I hope ric and mattie stay together

I remember that Ric was talking too Matilda about Viv in saying how high maintenance she is and the conversation went something like this:

RIC: Viv is the wife of Rays best client. We service his whole fleat including her stupid car which keeps breaking down.

MATILDA: Gives him a dubious look.

RIC: The woman is a nuisence, she drives me absolutely crazy with all her whinging and complaining. She's completely high maintenance.

MATILDA: Is that what you think I am; A High Maintenance Girlfriend?

RIC: You can be, Yes!

I liked when mattie said to ric, something about being high matanece girl friend and ric just said yes you are. or some thing like that. I dont like viv allready <_< I hope ric and mattie stay together

I remember that Ric was talking too Matilda about Viv in saying how high maintenance she is and the conversation went something like this:

RIC: Viv is the wife of Rays best client. We service his whole fleat including her stupid car which keeps breaking down.

MATILDA: Gives him a dubious look.

RIC: The woman is a nuisence, she drives me absolutely crazy with all her whinging and complaining. She's completely high maintenance.

MATILDA: Is that what you think I am; A High Maintenance Girlfriend?

RIC: You can be, Yes!

I think he said "sometimes you are, yeah." I hated that episode, that scene was horrible, and the last scene where she said "i was thinking i might stay over", he said "i think i'll just crash tonight". He sounded really fed up when he said that and when he saw her to the door and gave her the kiss on the cheek it looked like a duty kiss, she looked so disappointed going out the door.

I do hope they get back together, but with everything that's gone on i think a wee break will do them good as well and when they do get back together everything can be fresh between them, providing that the past can be forgotten, although there's the little fact that Ric is the father of poisonous Viv's offspring. she's so sneaky, i'm unsure weather to believe it is true or not. I hope they have a better run of luck in 2008 than they did last year, come on script writers, give poor Ric and Mattie a break.

Archived