The Ric and Matilda Appreciation Thread

Guest xGlowingAngelx

I'm still holding out for a big Matilda/Ric storyline that will last longer than a week, i really want more screentime for them as they seem to be getting a bit overlooked as a couple at the moment both in the UK episodes and the Aussie episodes. After all the boring Kit/Kim/Rachel and Drew/Belle, Lucas/anyone storylines seem to have gone on for ages and are still as uniteresting as when they started.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked Ric and Matilda in the beginning. I wanted them to get together and I was so annoyed when Cassie came in and ruined it :angry: So I'm glad they finally got together, it's like they went through other relationships and stuff, only to realise that the one they are meant to be with was right there in front of them :D When Ric first came he was a bully, but it was Matilda who gave him a chance, and he started to become a better person. Because of her, in my opinion.

I just think Ric and Matilda are a great couple.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a horrible feeling the writers are going to split them up as they seem to be having less and less scenes together recently. :( It would be a terrible decision if they did, they are too good a couple to break up as no other relationship they are put in will ever be as good as this one.

Lucas was a horrible brat and Matilda deserved someone much better. I always got the feeling Ric/Cassie were expected by producers/writers etc to be more popular with the viewers than they actually turned out to be. Now i can't imagine Ric or Matilda with anyone else.

I suppose in a way it is their turn to have problems in their relationship, they have been stable and settled for quite a long time by Home and Away's standards. Hopefully if they do ever split up there is a very cute and worthwhile reunion to make up for it. :wink:

Archived